Drop-offs: Update

Related:
Create New Tag

7/8/2010 2:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2010 3:13 PM

Titan1 wrote:

DC,

It's a huge mistake to allow us message board yahoos to think we have any pull in this industry.

We are opinionated ...more

TripleFive wrote:

Especially when it concerns the safety of the riders. None of our business.

In all seriousness, if DC felt a change was necessary, he should have just made the change without pointing out that is was made on a message board (alluding to the fact that the message board "complaining" promted the change).

Big time industry types participating in message boards is so "back woods" and "small time". How can this sport expect to be accepted as a big time player in professional motorsports when the big time industry players are asking for, and then "returning and reporting" to a bunch of know nothing internet yahoos?

Message boards are bad for professional motocross when the industry players pay attention to them.

|

7/8/2010 3:15 PM

Racer92 wrote:

GNCC guys just have to be giggling at those mean ole drop offs on the MX National tour.......

[LINK TO IMAGE]Brown @ Havasu Worcs 2009
|

7/8/2010 3:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2010 3:17 PM

Racer92 wrote:

GNCC guys just have to be giggling at those mean ole drop offs on the MX National tour.......

montesagold wrote: [LINK TO IMAGE]Brown @ Havasu Worcs 2009

I hope that had that marked! Lucky that other guy didn't go over the bars into that water.

|

Funny (and true) quote deleted at the request of miedosoracing1.

‎"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

7/8/2010 3:18 PM

SRP33 wrote:

Is this serious or a joke about drop offs
I mean how does someone forget there is a drop off on the track
You have to put up ...more

At Thundervalley one of the WMA racer fell in a turn just before one of the drop-off.
She must have rang her bell a little bit because she had to be helped up by one of the medic. Anyway, after a few minutes she got on her bike and started going, and we held our breath because she just rolled the drop-off. She must have give just enough gas to keep the front end up, so she didn't pull a Langston. But it was pretty close...

|

man who runs in front of bus gets tired. man who runs behind bus gets exhausted

7/8/2010 3:23 PM

Titan1 wrote:

DC,

It's a huge mistake to allow us message board yahoos to think we have any pull in this industry.

We are opinionated ...more

TripleFive wrote:

Especially when it concerns the safety of the riders. None of our business.

Titan1 wrote:

In all seriousness, if DC felt a change was necessary, he should have just made the change without pointing out that is was ...more

First of all it is helping with safety which is a top priority on everyone's lists. We don't need anything to happen to them taking out more riders that are already sidelined. And to bash DC for explaining his reasoning to his TARGET MARKET basically goes against the whole principle of Marketing. Supporters (also known as customers to DC) spoke out on an issue and he addressed it to keep their needs/wants in line with their operations.

|

7/8/2010 3:42 PM

panic revver wrote:

The whole thing is a joke. I would like to hear what the riders think of them. Was there any input from them or was it from ...more

Do you really think Vital has THAT much influence? I'm sure riders had something to say as well.

|

7/8/2010 3:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2010 3:44 PM

panic revver wrote:

Langston was looking to the right and behind him. He EFFED up. Doc EFFED up. The WMA rider, I don't know the story but if she ...more

So why punish someone who EFF's up with bodily injury when a small alteration that mitigates the consequences of an EFF-UP and won't change the racing action one teeny tiny bit?

|

7/8/2010 4:04 PM

DownSouth wrote:

The riders have had incidents because they were proccupied with looking at track conditions and lines while on the sighting ...more

panic revver wrote:

Langston was looking to the right and behind him. He EFFED up. Doc EFFED up. The WMA rider, I don't know the story but if she ...more

WhipMeister wrote:

So why punish someone who EFF's up with bodily injury when a small alteration that mitigates the consequences of an EFF-UP and ...more

'Cause we're TUFF on the web.

Hell, I was sitting in my recliner...fell asleep and got a little off balance...almost looped out. You think I'm gonna bitch about it and expect LaZBoy to modify their design? Nope...I just roll with it.

|

7/8/2010 4:11 PM

DownSouth wrote:

The riders have had incidents because they were proccupied with looking at track conditions and lines while on the sighting ...more

panic revver wrote:

WhipMeister wrote:

So why punish someone who EFF's up with bodily injury when a small alteration that mitigates the consequences of an EFF-UP and ...more

I think they should take out all obstacles then. Shit man , Barcia almost ended his day when he cased Larocco's Leap. Never mind I forgot the PUSSIFICATION of the United States is full steam ahead.

|

‎"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

7/8/2010 4:12 PM

panic revver wrote:

WhipMeister wrote:

txmxer wrote:

Hell, I was sitting in my recliner...fell asleep and got a little off balance...almost looped ...more

LMAO. Nice!

|

7/8/2010 4:13 PM

txmxer wrote:

Hell, I was sitting in my recliner...fell asleep and got a little off balance...almost looped ...more

But, if LaZBoy decided on their own to modify the design in a way that did not affect your comfort, but better prevented the loop out, you'd bitch about that?

|

7/8/2010 4:14 PM

panic revver wrote:

The whole thing is a joke. I would like to hear what the riders think of them. Was there any input from them or was it from ...more

DanDunes818 wrote:

Do you really think Vital has THAT much influence? I'm sure riders had something to say as well.

Read DC's first post. He sure made it seem that way.

First of all, thanks to all of the guys here and who emailed me on making sure we don't have any more problems with drop-offs moving forward. I got some really good suggestions, and here's where we're headed.

I didn't see any mention of riders in there until I asked. Now to be honest I really doubted that he changed it because of the crying that went on here but I wanted to see, so I asked.

|

7/8/2010 4:17 PM

DC, Thanks for including us with an update.

|

7/8/2010 4:19 PM

DC, the thinking of making them smaller is completely redundant... If you are going to do that, well the ski jump at Budds must be a problem... What about the Holy Schmidt?! Laroccos leap must be giving a coronary...

All you have to do is putt a little more angle in it, the sponsors banners will still be fine, just like they are on the outside of berms on tracks all over the world...

Now just leave those tracks rough, don't over water and don't forget it's cool to have different soil types!!!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/8/2010 4:20 PM

panic revver wrote:

WhipMeister wrote:

txmxer wrote:

I keep trying to tell these clowns that you're a bad ass. They just don't listen.

|

7/8/2010 4:35 PM

txmxer wrote:

I looped out in my Lazy Boy once...it was ugly dizzy

|

"I don't give them Hell. I just tell the truth about them and they think it's Hell."~ Harry S. Truman

7/8/2010 6:34 PM

WhipMeister wrote:

txmxer wrote:

WhipMeister wrote:

But, if LaZBoy decided on their own to modify the design in a way that did not affect your comfort, but better prevented the ...more

What? LaZBoy is changin' their design? I'm gonna go out and buy 4 of 'em and put 'em in storage.

When I moved into my house, I took the central air out and put in swamp coolers. I removed 6 inches of insulation.

On my bike, I took those crappy new mono-shocks off and put in some twins with 3" of travel.

Yep. TUFF around here.

|

7/8/2010 8:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2010 8:08 PM

Nobody mentioned Rock Rivers' Drew Yenerich at Red Bud in this post or the other one.
He blew up his bike going up the hill towards the stands at Red Bud Sunday and he rolled the corner and then rolled the drop off.
His bike was dead and he tried pulling up on the bars at the last second but went straight on his head.
It was ugly and scary and I thought he was done.
Everyone in the stands saw it too.
It was not pretty and he slowly got back on the bike and looked around like WTF just happened?
Good changes DC.

|

Instagram - @MxCulture

7/8/2010 8:26 PM

If only this could have been implemented back in '79 at St. Petersburg , FL. My buddy,who I warned repeatedly about a jump with the backside cut off of it, would have never endo'd his Yamaha Chappy pit bike off the killer drop off while surveying the track before practice.

The Chappy was never the same.

|

7/8/2010 9:24 PM

Figure-8 tracks and circles-o-fire... Just kidding.

HELL YEAHA!

|

7/8/2010 11:15 PM

MX Culture wrote:

Nobody mentioned Rock Rivers' Drew Yenerich at Red Bud in this post or the other one.
He blew up his bike going up the hill ...more

Yes thank God he's OK. I would never wish ill on someone.

But come on man hadn't the guy been riding the track? Then he blows his bike up on the uphill. Then he rolled the corner on a dead bike AND then didn't have the good sense to not try a drop off on a dead bike.... So yes, thank the Lord indeed.

Have you ever heard the term you can't fix stupid?

|

7/8/2010 11:35 PM

MX Culture wrote:

WORCSRacer wrote:

But come on man hadn't the guy been riding the track? Then he blows ...more

Ya that is kind of a weird situation. Bike must have blown up in neutral to roll up a hill.

|

7/8/2010 11:47 PM

Nikhil wrote:

It's great that you guys are actively paying attention to see what can be improved!

Regardless of the subject I am as well, very impressed on DC's attention to this.

Excellent job DC.

|

7/8/2010 11:54 PM

SRP33 wrote:

Is this serious or a joke about drop offs
I mean how does someone forget there is a drop off on the track
You have to put up ...more

DownSouth wrote:

Not a joke. Doc Bodnar rolled a mule at Red Bud and was lucky to avoid injury. Langston and a WMA rider have crashed on parade ...more

j100 wrote:

first off, WTF is a mule doing on the track?

it's a motocross track for chirst sake. might as well take the triples and woops ...more

I agree dude. WTF Doc? Keep off the damn track. There is nothing wrong with that obstacle.

|

7/8/2010 11:54 PM

Better put sirens and lights on the starting gate too just to remind the riders that it's there.

|

7/8/2010 11:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2010 11:59 PM

Racer92 wrote:

panic revver wrote:

I hope that had that marked! Lucky that other guy didn't go over the bars into that water.

haha it's marked well plus they got an alternate line so it's not like you HAVE to jump it, it's just for the gnarly guys cause it'll give ya a 3 or 4 second advantage. Maybe WORCS is onto somethin have a crazy pro line that'll gain you 1-3 seconds and make it optional that way they don't have to do it but the ones who really want it will seperate themselves

|

7/9/2010 12:05 AM

panic revver wrote:

worcsracer808 wrote:

haha it's marked well plus they got an alternate line so it's not like you HAVE to jump it, it's just for the gnarly guys ...more

But what if Doc Bodnar forgot and drove his mule into that pond? He might get his pants wet. Need to get rid of that thing IMHO.

|

7/9/2010 12:07 AM

WORCSRacer wrote:

yeah but how much does someone have to pay for a pretty small mistake? spend the rest of his life in a chair because he forgot about a way for the series he was racing in get more sponsorship exposure cause that is the only reason it's there not to challenge the riders not a nod to the old days sponsor exposure.. which is fine just make it as safe as possible

plus he was no doubt upset or disappointed and thinking about other things like what this will cost him he might've been beating a guy he's been trying to all season and because it's so easy during the race the riders probably forget about the drop offs because they don't need much skill or attention to jump them..
noone is saying they are dangerous under normal conditions or that the riders can't do them

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

7/9/2010 2:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2010 2:42 AM

MX Culture wrote:

WORCSRacer wrote:

jemcee wrote:

yeah but how much does someone have to pay for a pretty small mistake? spend the rest of his life in a chair because he forgot ...more

I suppose that you believe they should build up a safety landing at the bottom of Henry Hill? Doug Henry just made a mistake no? Point is you can not remove all the danger from this sport. Drop offs have been around this sport for 40 freakin years and now, and only now, is it problem requiring a solution to prevent "brain fart drop off crashes"? If this is indicative of the type of issue MX Sports spends their energy on then I am disappointed particularly when there are many other issues facing the series that need attention.

PS Its not like MX Sports cut that drop off in just for the sponsor logos. In case you didn't know thats DeCoster riding at RED BUD 32 years ago.

Photo

|

7/9/2010 3:01 AM

WORCSRacer wrote:

jemcee wrote:

yeah but how much does someone have to pay for a pretty small mistake? spend the rest of his life in a chair because he forgot ...more

WORCSRacer wrote:

I suppose that you believe they should build up a safety landing at the bottom of Henry Hill? Doug Henry just made a mistake ...more

well i'm not going to compare a freak accident or someone banzaing off a hill with others forgetting something is there because they aren't in any other part of the sport only in the nationals

if you don't think that drop off is there just for the sponsorship maybe you should ask DC the reason they are cut in to the tracks after the amateurs are done

that's a good photo of De Coster riding a 32 year old bike dropping off an obstacle 32 years ago

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!