Drop-offs: Update

DC
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 8:01pm
First of all, thanks to all of the guys here and who emailed me on making sure we don't have any more problems with drop-offs moving forward. I got some really good suggestions, and here's where we're headed.

- We will be using smaller banners (likely after Millville because the track is already built) so the jumps are not as big.

- Secondly we are going to work on changing the angle from 90 degrees to something like 75 just in case someone does roll it, we just need to make sure it holds.

- And we have made warning signs like you see with construction in the middle of the track to put out after each moto that reminds track personnel they are there (as we saw with Doc, anyone can forget).

- We will also continue to wave a green flag on sighting laps and first laps or practice to remind riders that they are there.

Thanks for the (mostly) constructive criticism. Next week's topic?Figure-8 tracks and circles-o-fire... Just kidding.

DC
MX Sports
|
Nikhil
7/8/2010 11:28am
It's great that you guys are actively paying attention to see what can be improved!
SRP33
7/8/2010 11:39am
Is this serious or a joke about drop offs
I mean how does someone forget there is a drop off on the track
You have to put up warning signs and wave flags you got to be kidding me
Hope this is a joke because it is pretty funny
jndmx
7/8/2010 11:39am Edited Date/Time 7/9/2010 6:07am
Come on DC......plenty of time until Southwick to make it happen.

Crossover marketing "The First Alert ring of fire" has potential, outside the industry sponsors even......lol.
txmxer
7/8/2010 11:43am
SRP33 wrote:
Is this serious or a joke about drop offs I mean how does someone forget there is a drop off on the track You have to...
there was a thread from last week, look it up. Yes, it was a serious problem.

The Shop

DownSouth
7/8/2010 11:43am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2010 11:45am
SRP33 wrote:
Is this serious or a joke about drop offs I mean how does someone forget there is a drop off on the track You have to...
Not a joke. Doc Bodnar rolled a mule at Red Bud and was lucky to avoid injury. Langston and a WMA rider have crashed on parade laps while surveying lines and track conditions and forgetting that they were coming up to a drop off.
Cygnus
7/8/2010 11:45am
jndmx wrote:
Come on DC......plenty of time until Southwick to make it happen.

Crossover marketing "The First Alert ring of fire" has potential, outside the industry sponsors even......lol.
You suck at the interweb.
7/8/2010 11:46am
SRP33 wrote:
DownSouth wrote:
Not a joke. Doc Bodnar rolled a mule at Red Bud and was lucky to avoid injury. Langston and a WMA rider have crashed on parade...
Not a joke. Doc Bodnar rolled a mule at Red Bud and was lucky to avoid injury. Langston and a WMA rider have crashed on parade laps while surveying lines and track conditions and forgetting that they were coming up to a drop off.
Langston forgot he couldn't roll a drop off or he made a bone head mistake and was looking backwards as he went off of it?

Anyway, glad you got it situated DC.
DownSouth
7/8/2010 11:50am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2010 11:52am
Langston forgot he couldn't roll a drop off or he made a bone head mistake and was looking backwards as he went off of it? Anyway...
Langston forgot he couldn't roll a drop off or he made a bone head mistake and was looking backwards as he went off of it?

The riders have had incidents because they were proccupied with looking at track conditions and lines while on the sighting lap and those distractions led to the accidents. The riders have been rolling around on sighing laps for years and a few have not adjusted to the new drop offs this year.
7/8/2010 11:53am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2010 11:54am
Langston forgot he couldn't roll a drop off or he made a bone head mistake and was looking backwards as he went off of it? Anyway...

DownSouth wrote:
The riders have had incidents because they were proccupied with looking at track conditions and lines while on the sighting lap and those distractions led to...
The riders have had incidents because they were proccupied with looking at track conditions and lines while on the sighting lap and those distractions led to the accidents. The riders have been rolling around on sighing laps for years and a few have not adjusted to the new drop offs this year.
Langston was looking to the right and behind him. He EFFED up. Doc EFFED up. The WMA rider, I don't know the story but if she hit neutral then she EFFED up. Rider/driver error on all accounts.
Racer92
7/8/2010 11:56am
GNCC guys just have to be giggling at those mean ole drop offs on the MX National tour.......
j100
7/8/2010 12:06pm
SRP33 wrote:
DownSouth wrote:
Not a joke. Doc Bodnar rolled a mule at Red Bud and was lucky to avoid injury. Langston and a WMA rider have crashed on parade...
first off, WTF is a mule doing on the track?

it's a motocross track for chirst sake. might as well take the triples and woops out so C riders and mules can make it around the track.

you people will bitch about everything.
j100
7/8/2010 12:07pm

DownSouth wrote:
The riders have had incidents because they were proccupied with looking at track conditions and lines while on the sighting lap and those distractions led to...
two words: PAY ATTENTION!
jaeckle
7/8/2010 12:09pm
Can they change the name at RedBud from Allessis Falls to Bognars Brain Fade?
DownSouth
7/8/2010 12:12pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2010 12:14pm
j100 wrote:
first off, WTF is a mule doing on the track? it's a motocross track for chirst sake. might as well take the triples and woops out...
first off, WTF is a mule doing on the track?

it's a motocross track for chirst sake. might as well take the triples and woops out so C riders and mules can make it around the track.

you people will bitch about everything.
WTF am I bitching about? Nothing. He thought it was a joke and I relayed the incidents that have caused MXsports to re-think the way they build the drop offs.

j100
7/8/2010 12:14pm
not saying you're personally bitching. i'm saying, that i can't believe people are bitching about the drop offs being unsafe on a motocross track.
SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
7/8/2010 12:16pm

DownSouth wrote:
Langston was looking to the right and behind him. He EFFED up. Doc EFFED up. The WMA rider, I don't know the story but if she...
Langston was looking to the right and behind him. He EFFED up. Doc EFFED up. The WMA rider, I don't know the story but if she hit neutral then she EFFED up. Rider/driver error on all accounts.
Yup, and when someone "EFFS UP", I say they should DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DC, please chain an alligator to the drop offs. Therefore if someone makes a mistake and goes over the bars there, they get eaten.

After all, this is motocross. No pussies allowed.
7/8/2010 12:16pm
The whole thing is a joke. I would like to hear what the riders think of them. Was there any input from them or was it from all of the people complaining about them on here?
7/8/2010 12:19pm
DownSouth wrote:
Langston was looking to the right and behind him. He EFFED up. Doc EFFED up. The WMA rider, I don't know the story but if she...
SPYGUY wrote:
Yup, and when someone "EFFS UP", I say they should DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DC, please chain an alligator to the drop offs. Therefore if someone makes a mistake...
Yup, and when someone "EFFS UP", I say they should DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DC, please chain an alligator to the drop offs. Therefore if someone makes a mistake and goes over the bars there, they get eaten.

After all, this is motocross. No pussies allowed.
Did someone die? MX is about racing a motorcycle and there being obstacles that you have to traverse. If you EFF up on one of the obstacles you pay a price, whether that obstacle is a 4 ft drop off or a 130ft triple or a set of rollers. I agree there are no pussies allowed in MX. Are you going to sell your bike?
7/8/2010 12:28pm
The whole thing is a joke. I would like to hear what the riders think of them. Was there any input from them or was it...
The whole thing is a joke. I would like to hear what the riders think of them. Was there any input from them or was it from all of the people complaining about them on here?
You serious Clarke?

DrSweden
7/8/2010 12:30pm
Obviously a majority saw this as a problem, and now it's being fixed. Good shit!
DC
7/8/2010 12:34pm
It's happened three times, never in races. That's why we need reminders and to be proactive. And yes, I spoke to Townley, Canard, Reed, Alessi, Mitch Kumpstein...

DC
MX Sports
Cygnus
7/8/2010 12:37pm
Must have been 4 times. What about Short at Lakewood? I heard it was the warm up lap also.
7/8/2010 12:38pm
DC wrote:
It's happened three times, never in races. That's why we need reminders and to be proactive. And yes, I spoke to Townley, Canard, Reed, Alessi, Mitch...
It's happened three times, never in races. That's why we need reminders and to be proactive. And yes, I spoke to Townley, Canard, Reed, Alessi, Mitch Kumpstein...

DC
MX Sports
And how do we know this isn't just some elaborate scheme?
7/8/2010 12:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2010 12:47pm
DC wrote:
It's happened three times, never in races. That's why we need reminders and to be proactive. And yes, I spoke to Townley, Canard, Reed, Alessi, Mitch...

DC
MX Sports
Were they scared of them?
7/8/2010 12:47pm
The whole thing is a joke. I would like to hear what the riders think of them. Was there any input from them or was it...
TripleFive wrote:
You serious Clarke? [img]http://www.thelaingfamily.com/vacation/eddie_shitter.jpg[/img]
You serious Clarke?

Yes.
tiddlermx23
7/8/2010 1:39pm
Now can you pleased just reassure me that High Point is still on the race schedule for next year then we'll be all set! Thanks D.C.!
Titan1
7/8/2010 2:21pm
DC,

It's a huge mistake to allow us message board yahoos to think we have any pull in this industry.

We are opinionated enough...we don't need industry types actually listening to us. No good can come from this!

Sincerely,

Titan
7/8/2010 2:25pm
Titan1 wrote:
DC, It's a huge mistake to allow us message board yahoos to think we have any pull in this industry. We are opinionated enough...we don't need...
DC,

It's a huge mistake to allow us message board yahoos to think we have any pull in this industry.

We are opinionated enough...we don't need industry types actually listening to us. No good can come from this!

Sincerely,

Titan
Especially when it concerns the safety of the riders. None of our business.
Titan1
7/8/2010 2:52pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2010 3:13pm
Titan1 wrote:
DC, It's a huge mistake to allow us message board yahoos to think we have any pull in this industry. We are opinionated enough...we don't need...
DC,

Sincerely,

Titan
TripleFive wrote:
Especially when it concerns the safety of the riders. None of our business.
In all seriousness, if DC felt a change was necessary, he should have just made the change without pointing out that is was made on a message board (alluding to the fact that the message board "complaining" promted the change).

Big time industry types participating in message boards is so "back woods" and "small time". How can this sport expect to be accepted as a big time player in professional motorsports when the big time industry players are asking for, and then "returning and reporting" to a bunch of know nothing internet yahoos?

Message boards are bad for professional motocross when the industry players pay attention to them.

Post a reply to: Drop-offs: Update

The Latest