Driven To Ride

Grizz
4/11/2021 8:27pm
Looks like they've all been made private except episode 5. Anyone have them downloaded by any chance?

|
4/12/2021 2:51am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2021 3:52am
I would love to watch that entire series again. Hope someone has them downloaded and can post links.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4250th
4/12/2021 3:25am
The finale had me in tears. ;-; DerekAndersonFan4lyf Cool
mnomis484
4/12/2021 3:35am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2021 3:40am
unfortunately motosport.com has set most of their videos on private, i also made a thread about it a couple months ago. its a real bummer, those were some of the best moto videos out there. i imagine it has something to do with copyright of the songs used.
Anyone remember that Video in the Dunes with Cue, Hill, Peick? Or the Series with Catanzaro, Russell, Driven to Ride, Driven to Win, Brett Cue all in and so on...
Would be cool if they could send us the links to the private Videos so at least we could watch them and they wouldnt be lost forever Wink
edit: heres the old thread https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Motosport-com-Youtube-vi…
some guy answered that he apparently has some videos saved, ill try to contact him, maybe we can work something out...
Johnny Ringo
4/12/2021 11:53am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2021 11:54am
I wish they’d put them on Vimeo. Motosport had some great edits.

Or put them back on and not monetize them?

The Shop

mb60
4/12/2021 11:59am
Hands down the best racing series I watched. Why more privateers can't do something like that is beyond me.
Cokeham23
4/12/2021 1:06pm
I got to race with Derek at a pitbike event a couple months ago, I went up and talked to him for a few minutes, told him I loved the series back in the day. He mentioned maybe doing something along those lines again with pitbike racing. I think it would be awesome if he did!
4/16/2021 11:51am

I've thought about putting them up on my personal vimeo for a while but haven't gotten around to it. I lost the first 5 episodes when a hard drive went missing but I still have the other 20 episodes.

To answer the question about why other privateers don't do it... they are too busy funding their own racing to pay for a filmmaker to travel with them and shoot and edit nonstop throughout a summer - it aint easy. When I made Driven to Ride, we were funded by motosport because of Jarrod Rogers who ran their marketing at the time and he genuinely loved privateers and what they offer the sport. Unless you have a great story to tell - its not worth companies putting money behind anyone outside the top 5 - plus it's hard to get decent production value on the cheap these days.

DTR worked because we delivered 2 videos every week (not live but damn close back in 2012) and the dynamic between Tucker and Derek was perfect and hilarious. Other than the episode posted above we didn't even show 1 second of the races or practice (mxsports wouldn't allow it) and people never complained about it which is amazing.

If you missed it - a couple years ago we decided to make a 1 off Driven to Ride episode for the 125 Dream Race at Washougal... Same dudes, same shit, 125s... It's on my personal Instagram here
Johnny Ringo
4/16/2021 11:55am

I've thought about putting them up on my personal vimeo for a while but haven't gotten around to it. I lost the first 5 episodes when...
I've thought about putting them up on my personal vimeo for a while but haven't gotten around to it. I lost the first 5 episodes when a hard drive went missing but I still have the other 20 episodes.

To answer the question about why other privateers don't do it... they are too busy funding their own racing to pay for a filmmaker to travel with them and shoot and edit nonstop throughout a summer - it aint easy. When I made Driven to Ride, we were funded by motosport because of Jarrod Rogers who ran their marketing at the time and he genuinely loved privateers and what they offer the sport. Unless you have a great story to tell - its not worth companies putting money behind anyone outside the top 5 - plus it's hard to get decent production value on the cheap these days.

DTR worked because we delivered 2 videos every week (not live but damn close back in 2012) and the dynamic between Tucker and Derek was perfect and hilarious. Other than the episode posted above we didn't even show 1 second of the races or practice (mxsports wouldn't allow it) and people never complained about it which is amazing.

If you missed it - a couple years ago we decided to make a 1 off Driven to Ride episode for the 125 Dream Race at Washougal... Same dudes, same shit, 125s... It's on my personal Instagram here
Big fan bro!!!! All time series.

Post a reply to: Driven To Ride

The Latest