Drink Pedialyte????

BRAPPWHIP86
Edited Date/Time 2/21/2019 3:21pm
I have tried Pedialyte before riding and seems to help with arm pump. Gatorade just has too much sugar and not enough electrolytes and very little to no potassium. Has anyone else tried it before?
|
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
2/20/2019 11:06am
Pedialyte is great as a sports drink, and even better for a hangover.

Gatorade is not a sports drink anymore.
2/20/2019 11:08am
I have tried Pedialyte before riding and seems to help with arm pump. Gatorade just has too much sugar and not enough electrolytes and very little...
I have tried Pedialyte before riding and seems to help with arm pump. Gatorade just has too much sugar and not enough electrolytes and very little to no potassium. Has anyone else tried it before?
I drink pedialyte and water at the track. I try to stay away from gatorade type stuff until after I'm done riding for the day. I also only try to eat a banana or two and just peanut butter crackers on ride day.
SWOHIO GUY
2/20/2019 11:08am
GrapeApe wrote:

It is the ultimate cure for a hangover. Far as riding goes, I would drink some after riding as well,
Hman144
Fantasy
714th
2/20/2019 11:13am
I take about 1/4 to 1/2 cup dill pickle juice before and after a harescrambles race. Really helps with cramps.

The Shop

dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
2/20/2019 11:44am
GrapeApe wrote:

SWOHIO GUY wrote:
It is the ultimate cure for a hangover. Far as riding goes, I would drink some after riding as well,
Drank it during racedays for years, Gatorade is a joke..... Now, Pedialyte lives in the fridge fulltime, just in case a few too many courage cans are consumed.
b8res
2/20/2019 11:45am
I have tried Pedialyte before riding and seems to help with arm pump. Gatorade just has too much sugar and not enough electrolytes and very little...
Been on this band wagon going back to my days in the military, works really well.

Walmart, Target and other have their own labels with the same active ingredients at a better price.

agn5009
2/20/2019 1:35pm
It’s good stuff. I drink it before and after a race, before and after a good night of drinking and while I’m sick. Some of the flavors are awful. I like the unflavored stuff best. Mix it with water or just drink it chilled. The pedialite popsicles aren’t too bad either and are good options for the kids when they’re sick.
2/20/2019 1:43pm
Pedialyte is good stuff, but it all comes down to simple electrolyte replenishment.

I personally use these cycling nutrition gels, mainly the espresso love flavor:
https://www.amazon.com/GU-Energy-Original-Nutrition-Assorted/dp/B00CQ7Q…

I consume one right before and right after my motos and i stay feeling good all day.

For long distance cycling, these nutrition gels for me are the difference between enjoying and downright hating the ride. For moto, one of the most frustrating things to me is if i don't feel well rested, well hydrated, or if i feel that my nutrition is off effecting my energy levels.
Gilby122
2/20/2019 2:25pm
I asked Ryno about that awhile back. He of course suggested his own supps, but said if budget was an issue, water with a pinch of sea salt in it was the ticket. He shot down the Pedialyte and gatoraide. Water and salt is cheaper than anything else anyway and that's kinda how I roll!! Wink
beamer
2/20/2019 2:27pm
Water with pink salts and organic lemon juice , homemade and cheap.
agn5009
2/20/2019 3:57pm
Gilby122 wrote:
I asked Ryno about that awhile back. He of course suggested his own supps, but said if budget was an issue, water with a pinch of...
I asked Ryno about that awhile back. He of course suggested his own supps, but said if budget was an issue, water with a pinch of sea salt in it was the ticket. He shot down the Pedialyte and gatoraide. Water and salt is cheaper than anything else anyway and that's kinda how I roll!! Wink
I can understand shooting down Gatorade but pedialite? Come on.
mark_swart
2/20/2019 4:03pm
I usually include at least one Smart Water in addition to regular water on race days. And I hate to admit it but I still usually drink a smaller Gatorade as well with lunch. I feel like if your body is used to some sugar, race day is not the time to go cold turkey! But again, just a smaller one.
Titan1
2/20/2019 4:13pm
Coconut water is awesome as well.
Except it makes me gag...holy smokes that stuff tastes awful!

32 oz of pedialyte the day before a hare and hound...32 oz the day of the hare and hound...in addition to a half gallon to a gallon of water every day the week leading up to the race-and sipping on a hydration pack during the race-will keep me hydrated enough to run 3 hours in 80/90 degree temps without cramps or dry mouth.
motomike894
2/20/2019 4:13pm
I love cytomax helps me stay hydrated better for sure and it’s pretty cheap too
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
2/20/2019 4:36pm
Gilby122 wrote:
I asked Ryno about that awhile back. He of course suggested his own supps, but said if budget was an issue, water with a pinch of...
agn5009 wrote:
I agree..... You can"t shoot that stuff down. I call bullshit
KDM711
2/20/2019 4:38pm
Just drink MindFX. It has everything you guys are looking for,,, do your homework and there's a reason its the ONLY thing Aldon Baker allows his athletes to use. 33 major Championships have been won using MindFX....
sandman768
2/20/2019 5:02pm
Gncc racers have been drinking pedialite for long time...I drank a bottle the night before and would fill my drink system with ice & pedialite for the race....3hr Gncc races you need more than water....imo....
friday10
2/20/2019 5:57pm
Gilby122 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
dadofagun wrote:
I think you missed his point, "shot down" meaning he didn't like it, not taking a shooter!
Gilby122
2/20/2019 7:45pm
Gilby122 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
dadofagun wrote:
Just telling you what he told me.
Wandell
2/20/2019 7:47pm
My sons football coaches sent it home with players during the season. Like everyone said, it's much better than Gatorade.
2/20/2019 8:37pm
If you can stand the taste. I guess if you're an infant it beats Gerber Peas and Carrots.
agn5009
2/20/2019 8:47pm
If you can stand the taste. I guess if you're an infant it beats Gerber Peas and Carrots.
The unflavored doesn’t have much taste. Just make sure you ice it down. Most of the other stuff doesn’t taste very good.
2/20/2019 9:22pm
I had some sort of berry flavor the other day (don’t remember what exactly it was) and it was freakin DELICIOUS. I’d drink it with every meal and through out the day honestly. Loved it.
2/20/2019 9:26pm
Also, sorta off topic but guys PLEASE don’t ever drink soda. It is absolutely CANCER in a can. I’m 21 and drank soda daily up until about a year ago. Ive passed somewhere around 6-7 kidney stones that were caused by too much soda and dehydration and if you’ve experienced the pain with kidney stones then you know I’m not messing around.

Pedialyte was one thing I drank for awhile after my kidney stone surgery. Honestly I could notice I felt great throughout the day. I’m going to pick up a bottle or two next time I ride for sure.
TeamFlannel
2/20/2019 9:33pm Edited Date/Time 2/20/2019 9:35pm
Tried em all, Pedialyte makes me wanna barf, somebody always has cage free coconut water on sale, and I'm cheap- SO... the Hammer nutrition stuff works good- but way too much $$$
Moto man
2/20/2019 9:58pm
Pedialyte has mass amounts of sugar as well. Not good at all for you.
Kelz87
Fantasy
1468th
2/20/2019 10:17pm
I drank some bo-bo Walgreens pedialyte the day before yesterday for my PT test. Some pedialyte and K Tape, and yer good to go ??

And Moto man, it’s only 6g of sugar per serving. That’s 24g in a bottle which is not excessive

Post a reply to: Drink Pedialyte????

The Latest