Dream Season? Could Covid kill the MXGP season, and would they come to the AMA Nationals?

Johnny Depp
I realize there is another thread, but this thing could be morphing?

Quick action by MX Sports and the AMA to remove any barriers to entry are in order for this unique situation.

Let's make it happen! Social media warriors unite!
|
Johnny Depp
3/25/2021 8:31am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2021 8:31am
EngIceDave wrote:
Who pays for it?
No different than a USGP round or MXDN. Teams are contracted to pay riders whether they race or not. Bikes are built and developed whether they race or not.

The Shop

Holigan
3/25/2021 8:37am
Different budgets for advertising in other countries. USA budget is already allocated.
Johnny Depp
3/25/2021 8:43am
Holigan wrote:
Different budgets for advertising in other countries. USA budget is already allocated.
Exactly, Euro budgets allocated for a season that is at risk of cancellation. The money is already spent.
Ted722
3/25/2021 8:43am
My daughter's going back to school 5 days a week in April. (been hybrid - 2 days since last Sept.). One of the variables cited, most teachers have the vaccine and kids can be at 3ft.

What does this have to do with motocross? It's California. It's time. Time to attend some Nationals! The added carrot of a possible dream season would be epic.
EngIceDave
3/25/2021 8:45am
EngIceDave wrote:
Who pays for it?
No different than a USGP round or MXDN. Teams are contracted to pay riders whether they race or not. Bikes are built and developed whether they...
No different than a USGP round or MXDN. Teams are contracted to pay riders whether they race or not. Bikes are built and developed whether they race or not.
Your budget isn't my budget and my budget isn't yours

There's not some giant money pool. There are individual budgets
EngIceDave
3/25/2021 8:47am
Holigan wrote:
Exactly, Euro budgets allocated for a season that is at risk of cancellation. The money is already spent.
Why would I spend my euro money on Americans?

I already spend enough on Americans. Will I sell more if I spend more? If that was the case, they would have already done that.
Johnny Depp
3/25/2021 8:49am
EngIceDave wrote:
Who pays for it?
No different than a USGP round or MXDN. Teams are contracted to pay riders whether they race or not. Bikes are built and developed whether they...
EngIceDave wrote:
Your budget isn't my budget and my budget isn't yours

There's not some giant money pool. There are individual budgets
This has nothing to do with U.S. budgets. Could they cooperate by letting them work out of their pits, of course at no expense.

The question is do the GP teams let all of their budget and efforts go to waste, or do they take those teams and put them to work in the U.S. and maybe spend a little more?
EngIceDave
3/25/2021 8:55am
I'm not trying to argue and I think it's a great idea, but it's a nightmare of issues.

Money being the largest.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/25/2021 9:06am
"Bikes are built and developed whether they race or not."

Yes, to race the MXGP series. They would have to build and test new bikes seeing as the one's they use aren't AMA legal. That takes time and money.

Well, just make an exception and make them legal for this unique situation.

OK, sure. But now the US will want to build and test new bikes that have now become legal so that they can be on an equal playing field. Again, that takes time and money.

It's not as simple as just crossing the pond and letting them race.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
3/25/2021 9:10am
IF the whole MXGP doesn't happen I can see some guys go over and do some races. Not sure about Herlings seeing as he has been trying to stay healthy. Maybe someone like Tiga,
Johnny Depp
3/25/2021 10:04am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
[i]"Bikes are built and developed whether they race or not."[/i] Yes, to race the MXGP series. They would have to build and test new bikes seeing...

Yes, to race the MXGP series. They would have to build and test new bikes seeing as the one's they use aren't AMA legal. That takes time and money.

OK, sure. But now the US will want to build and test new bikes that have now become legal so that they can be on an equal playing field. Again, that takes time and money.

It's not like running race fuel is some big dark secret.
ZOBITO
3/25/2021 10:34am
Absolutely won't happen.
You all know it.
End of topic.

You can have Clément Desalle, though.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
3/25/2021 10:37am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
[i]"Bikes are built and developed whether they race or not."[/i] Yes, to race the MXGP series. They would have to build and test new bikes seeing...

It's not like running race fuel is some big dark secret.
I think custom frame geometry, for example, would create a bigger problem than fuel.

Post a reply to: Dream Season? Could Covid kill the MXGP season, and would they come to the AMA Nationals?

The Latest