Deano answering a question for Eli

dirtnapper
7/10/2017 1:30pm
disbanded wrote:
That was funny, and I'm talking about hearing GuyB's voice...
Guy B's voice?? What about Dean's? It's high pitched and annoying enough with his fake Scottish accent, sounds SO much worse in a microphone.....
Blink
Titan1
7/10/2017 1:51pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2017 1:54pm
Titan1 wrote:
They wouldn't be trained to be robots...they'd be trained how to best represent their brand (how to sit, what to do with their hands, what to...
They wouldn't be trained to be robots...they'd be trained how to best represent their brand (how to sit, what to do with their hands, what to say, how to say it, etc. etc.). Their brand is their personality and image, so the last thing they'd try and do is eliminate that...they'd just make them far more confident, far less awkward and far more poised on camera. Movie Stars do this...they get it...they are trained as to how to leverage their best qualities for the benefit of their brand/image, all without changing their personality.

Anyway, if I were a professional athlete...I'd do it. And if I were a professional race team, I'd require it of my riders.

Zach blowing snot rockets on the podium, Blake picking his nose and touching his face, all the riders saying "uh" and "um" to much, and stupid phrases like "I can't thank blah blah blah" while leaving off "enough", repeating themselves all the time, ending questions with "so yeah"...its totally amateur and cringe worthy. And a little training from a professional, could easily correct all of that.

Just my opinion though...
GuyB wrote:
Yeah no.
Exactly...that's another one the riders do all the time.

Musquin rambling on and on and on and on...is another one.

Titan1
7/10/2017 1:53pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2017 1:58pm
Titan1 wrote:
They wouldn't be trained to be robots...they'd be trained how to best represent their brand (how to sit, what to do with their hands, what to...
They wouldn't be trained to be robots...they'd be trained how to best represent their brand (how to sit, what to do with their hands, what to say, how to say it, etc. etc.). Their brand is their personality and image, so the last thing they'd try and do is eliminate that...they'd just make them far more confident, far less awkward and far more poised on camera. Movie Stars do this...they get it...they are trained as to how to leverage their best qualities for the benefit of their brand/image, all without changing their personality.

Anyway, if I were a professional athlete...I'd do it. And if I were a professional race team, I'd require it of my riders.

Zach blowing snot rockets on the podium, Blake picking his nose and touching his face, all the riders saying "uh" and "um" to much, and stupid phrases like "I can't thank blah blah blah" while leaving off "enough", repeating themselves all the time, ending questions with "so yeah"...its totally amateur and cringe worthy. And a little training from a professional, could easily correct all of that.

Just my opinion though...
You heard it here first. Pro MX riders need to carry themselves more like movie stars. Laughing
IWreckALot wrote:
I think I get what Titan is saying now. And some of the things they do definitely detract from their message. Movie stars and most sports...
I think I get what Titan is saying now. And some of the things they do definitely detract from their message.

Movie stars and most sports athletes are generally educated to some degree. MX/SX riders drop out of high school to pursue their profession. Most of the time they're led to that profession outside of knowing any alternative realistically. They don't really care about speaking on the podium because it doesn't help them win. I guess I'm able to look past all of the snot rockets and just listen to what they're saying.

I know a lot of people say Dungey was a robot on the podium, but in many cases, I am not sure what people wanted to hear specifically. He was definitely a team's dream champion.
That is what I'm saying...it detracts from their message...and hurts their image. Us die hard fans are going to look past it...but corporate sponsor, or when they get interviewed by the local news station on press day, or first time fan looks/listens to this stuff...they don't look past those things, they roll their eyes, and move on from this "small time", "red neck" sport.

Because they are home schooled, is all the more reason they need some professional help in this department.
7/10/2017 3:46pm
disbanded wrote:
That was funny, and I'm talking about hearing GuyB's voice...
dirtnapper wrote:
Guy B's voice?? What about Dean's? It's high pitched and annoying enough with his fake Scottish accent, sounds SO much worse in a microphone.....
Blink
Same boat here, a couple seasons ago he was talking like a typical socal bro and now he has a that god awful fake Scottish thing going on. Super annoying.

The Shop

Rockinar
7/10/2017 5:16pm
Eli be like "I'm not saying anything, I thought I won last week and did a fist pump on the finish".

Post a reply to: Deano answering a question for Eli

The Latest