Down to 3!

Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
Edited Date/Time 6/1/2013 5:08am
In 2009 we had 5 just over the top unreal tracks IMO. Glen Helen, Southwick, Red Bud, Washougal and Millville. Next year its down to only Red Bud, Washougal and Millville. I feel a lot of the other tracks are interchangeable but if we lose any more of are "core" tracks are series is not going to be the same. Rant over
|
40Plus_922mx
5/31/2013 1:15pm
soon... racing will b electric bikes in abandoned walmarts......
Actually that sounds like a lot of fun. Air conditioning. No fumes. Instead pf Pole Position we can call it Gate Drop.
5/31/2013 1:19pm
soon... racing will b electric bikes in abandoned walmarts......
Actually that sounds like a lot of fun. Air conditioning. No fumes. Instead pf Pole Position we can call it Gate Drop.
would you watch a national in a walmart......
peelout
5/31/2013 1:21pm
*our

*Miller Motorsports Park, Bro

The Shop

MBBadgers
5/31/2013 1:33pm
Park Boys wrote:
In 2009 we had 5 just over the top unreal tracks IMO. Glen Helen, Southwick, Red Bud, Washougal and Millville. Next year its down to only...
In 2009 we had 5 just over the top unreal tracks IMO. Glen Helen, Southwick, Red Bud, Washougal and Millville. Next year its down to only Red Bud, Washougal and Millville. I feel a lot of the other tracks are interchangeable but if we lose any more of are "core" tracks are series is not going to be the same. Rant over
obviously you've never been to Hangtown, it's core.
motoBRD
5/31/2013 1:53pm
Unadilla? Pretty core. Even after it's been messed with flattening the start straight and ripping it up. Always heard about how they would leave it alone for the whole year and let the riders rip up the grass during practice. I was too little to remember those days. Now it's just a rock pit, but still core IMO.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
5/31/2013 1:59pm
Park Boys wrote:
In 2009 we had 5 just over the top unreal tracks IMO. Glen Helen, Southwick, Red Bud, Washougal and Millville. Next year its down to only...
MBBadgers wrote:
obviously you've never been to Hangtown, it's core.
I've been going to Hangtown since 2010. It is not even comparable to the other tracks I mentioned its got the other ones beat for spectating though that's for sure!
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
5/31/2013 2:00pm
motoBRD wrote:
Unadilla? Pretty core. Even after it's been messed with flattening the start straight and ripping it up. Always heard about how they would leave it alone...
Unadilla? Pretty core. Even after it's been messed with flattening the start straight and ripping it up. Always heard about how they would leave it alone for the whole year and let the riders rip up the grass during practice. I was too little to remember those days. Now it's just a rock pit, but still core IMO.
Yea it is the last all natural track we have, I should have mentioned the dilla!
JW381
5/31/2013 2:02pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2013 2:04pm
I'm bummed about the 'wick too, but High Point is core, Thunder Valley last weekend was pretty sweet, and hopefully Muddy Creek will be a great track, too. Ah, and of course Unadilla. I knew I was forgetting something. And what's wrong with Budds Creek?
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
5/31/2013 2:06pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2013 2:06pm
I am scared for Washougal. The riders don't like it, they never change it, and recently it has become sketchy with all the shadows. For some reason I have a bad feeling about it. If Washougal goes away, there is no other national caliber track up here that I am aware of.
JW381
5/31/2013 2:11pm
mx510 wrote:
I am scared for Washougal. The riders don't like it, they never change it, and recently it has become sketchy with all the shadows. For some...
I am scared for Washougal. The riders don't like it, they never change it, and recently it has become sketchy with all the shadows. For some reason I have a bad feeling about it. If Washougal goes away, there is no other national caliber track up here that I am aware of.
I've been feeling this way for a long time. The dirt is gone, they don't ever add anything to the track really. I'm sorry, but every national has some big jumps, the bikes can handle it no problem, and Washougal is virtually all hills and corners. That's awesome, but we need some booters. Fewest jumps of any track by far, save for Southwick, and that doesn't really count. They need some new topsoil and a layout upgrade. Because that's some of the most beautiful territory that anyone's ever held a pro dirtbike race on before, it would be such a huge shame to see it go.
Vonripper450
5/31/2013 2:36pm
I've been trolling this site for a while and I finally couldn't take it anymore. I have to say something. Thundervalley is built on the side of a mountain for cripes sakes. Watching it on tv and in person are two different things. Some people are completely underestimating how wicked this track is!
smoker
5/31/2013 3:06pm
i would cry if washougal was no more. i would just cry.
peelout
5/31/2013 3:28pm
smoker wrote:
i would cry if washougal was no more. i would just cry.
had some great times at Washougal. went across the river to Portland a couple times to beer-fest, woke up in some pretty strange places. downtown Portland is something else, that's for sure
rosebud441
5/31/2013 3:33pm
I've been trolling this site for a while and I finally couldn't take it anymore. I have to say something. Thundervalley is built on the side...
I've been trolling this site for a while and I finally couldn't take it anymore. I have to say something. Thundervalley is built on the side of a mountain for cripes sakes. Watching it on tv and in person are two different things. Some people are completely underestimating how wicked this track is!
I have to agree.. Thunder Valley is the epitome of a motocross track.. Big hills, Big jumps, Great dirt, and viewing etc..

Maybe the elevation keeps it off the OMG list..
smeg
5/31/2013 3:53pm
Two words....................... Budds Creek

Shame they got rid if the uphill start years ago. But as far as "natural terrain" Budds is it. Track hasn't really changed all that much since the first time I raced it back in 80 or 81...... Well, other than all the trees Beasley cut down. You ever try doing a track walk there...... It's a freakin workout.

Haven't raced there in years. Anyone know if they still run the track in both directions?
Choppy
5/31/2013 4:08pm
Some of you people would be much happier watching hill climb.
thordude
5/31/2013 10:33pm
I've been trolling this site for a while and I finally couldn't take it anymore. I have to say something. Thundervalley is built on the side...
Wish you had better results there Tucker...being it your home track and all.
JeepnMike
5/31/2013 11:10pm
JW381 wrote:
I've been feeling this way for a long time. The dirt is gone, they don't ever add anything to the track really. I'm sorry, but every...
I've been feeling this way for a long time. The dirt is gone, they don't ever add anything to the track really. I'm sorry, but every national has some big jumps, the bikes can handle it no problem, and Washougal is virtually all hills and corners. That's awesome, but we need some booters. Fewest jumps of any track by far, save for Southwick, and that doesn't really count. They need some new topsoil and a layout upgrade. Because that's some of the most beautiful territory that anyone's ever held a pro dirtbike race on before, it would be such a huge shame to see it go.
C'mon bro! Washougal 5 years ago you totally described. Even the Chuck Sun jump was (still is) flat. They did add the big triple around the corner from the Chuck Sun jump which is definitely cool and they have the gravity jump which sadly is in one of the way back sections. I think they are improving (you reading this Ryan?) the track and bringing a bit of excitement to it. No other track has the same elevation changes and scenery like Washougal. Adding some jumps will definitely help though. I remember back in the day they spent a lot of time even just changing the whoop section into kind of a rhythm section and back for a little variety.

I think they could do a little bit of keeping up with the times with bigger jumps (which I like), but the argument could also be said Washougal is 'core' being debated in another thread and adding SX style obstacles makes it lame.
JW381
6/1/2013 12:49am
JW381 wrote:
I've been feeling this way for a long time. The dirt is gone, they don't ever add anything to the track really. I'm sorry, but every...
JeepnMike wrote:
C'mon bro! Washougal 5 years ago you totally described. Even the Chuck Sun jump was (still is) flat. They did add the big triple around the...
C'mon bro! Washougal 5 years ago you totally described. Even the Chuck Sun jump was (still is) flat. They did add the big triple around the corner from the Chuck Sun jump which is definitely cool and they have the gravity jump which sadly is in one of the way back sections. I think they are improving (you reading this Ryan?) the track and bringing a bit of excitement to it. No other track has the same elevation changes and scenery like Washougal. Adding some jumps will definitely help though. I remember back in the day they spent a lot of time even just changing the whoop section into kind of a rhythm section and back for a little variety.

I think they could do a little bit of keeping up with the times with bigger jumps (which I like), but the argument could also be said Washougal is 'core' being debated in another thread and adding SX style obstacles makes it lame.
Trust me, I hear you, but they're so far behind. It doesn't translate well to TV. Watch a Washougal race on Youtube, and then watch almost any other race and tell me it doesn't look like pros on '13 450s riding a GP track from the 80s? They really need to add some top soil, even if it's only certain sections, and add sections of bigger jumps. That triple out of the corner is kinda cool in person, but looks like absolutely nothing on TV. I could name 10 other tracks on the schedule that have a jump bigger than that, probably twice per track. Say what you will, call it "supercross" but the bikes can handle the jumps and it's part of the racing, and Washougal has not kept up. I love the 'shoug, but let's be real here.
FIREfish148
6/1/2013 2:36am
JW381 wrote:
JeepnMike wrote:
C'mon bro! Washougal 5 years ago you totally described. Even the Chuck Sun jump was (still is) flat. They did add the big triple around the...

JW381 wrote:
Trust me, I hear you, but they're so far behind. It doesn't translate well to TV. Watch a Washougal race on Youtube, and then watch almost...
Trust me, I hear you, but they're so far behind. It doesn't translate well to TV. Watch a Washougal race on Youtube, and then watch almost any other race and tell me it doesn't look like pros on '13 450s riding a GP track from the 80s? They really need to add some top soil, even if it's only certain sections, and add sections of bigger jumps. That triple out of the corner is kinda cool in person, but looks like absolutely nothing on TV. I could name 10 other tracks on the schedule that have a jump bigger than that, probably twice per track. Say what you will, call it "supercross" but the bikes can handle the jumps and it's part of the racing, and Washougal has not kept up. I love the 'shoug, but let's be real here.
I remember DC saying that Washougal is safe a while ago in a post about this subject. I believe they will keep washougal around for a long time honestly. That place is motocross heaven. Fk all the jumps and bullsht I say. Its MOTOCROSS not supercross. I do totally get what you're saying but still.

Also, I will say It''s hard for a Washougal national regular like myself to not notice how bad ass the viewing at Washougal is compared to other tracks. The layout of the track and the tunnel system they have there seems to allow for more fans to get close. Just seems like the type of track that promotors can really cash in on... I mean come on they did take out the chuck sun, catchers mit, and leaches lump to allow for more fan viewing (I must add that I really miss standing on top of catchers mit and watching riders go through that section).

I wonder how many people pack into washougal comared to a place like hangtown Dry
Vonripper450
6/1/2013 5:08am
thordude wrote:
Wish you had better results there Tucker...being it your home track and all.
Assclowns are always quick to insult around here. Can't you just have a discussion without being a douche bag. Besides, TV might be home now, but wasn't for many years. And who the F is this Tucker fella?

Post a reply to: Down to 3!

The Latest