Doug Henry racing downhill this weekend

Related:
Create New Tag

8/3/2018 7:50 AM

|

8/3/2018 7:57 AM

Awesome!

|

8/3/2018 8:19 AM

How is he doing? Haven’t heard much about how his recovery has been coming along. Last I heard someone posted on here he was walking but I haven’t heard much else. I was just watching some old Southwick races from the mid 00s and it was awesome that he’d always come and race that one race and usually run up front the first half of the moto.

|

8/3/2018 9:05 AM

I never knew how to say this.. obviously I want to be very delicate .. however I feel like he was destined to be paralysed, after breaking his back in like 94 (ish) and then again on Henry hill.. however I think the destiny behind it is to show that this kind of injury is not the end. He is an ambassador and a role model, heaven-forbid if I was ever in the same situation he is someone to inspire me to not give up.

|

8/3/2018 10:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2018 10:37 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

How is he doing? Haven’t heard much about how his recovery has been coming along. Last I heard someone posted on here he was walking but I haven’t heard much else. I was just watching some old Southwick races from the mid 00s and it was awesome that he’d always come and race that one race and usually run up front the first half of the moto.

No, he's not walking.

Last year he participated in the Race Across America on a 4-rider team consisting of Henry, David Bailey, Micky Dymond and Jeff Ward. Bailey and Henry rode hand-cycles, Dymond and Ward rode standard bicycles.

Full story here: https://www.vitalmx.com/features/Bailey-Ward-Dymond-and-Henry-Complete-The-Race-Across-America,5400



Photohttps://www.vitalmx.com/features/Bailey-Ward-Dymond-and-Henry-Complete-The-Race-Across-America,5400
Photo

|

8/3/2018 1:49 PM

blockhead17 wrote:

I never knew how to say this.. obviously I want to be very delicate .. however I feel like he was destined to be paralysed, after breaking his back in like 94 (ish) and then again on Henry hill.. however I think the destiny behind it is to show that this kind of injury is not the end. He is an ambassador and a role model, heaven-forbid if I was ever in the same situation he is someone to inspire me to not give up.

That sounds really dumb

|

8/3/2018 2:00 PM

Ive never seen how these adaptive bikes work. Some nice looking bikes. Huge balls to pull that off! Go Doug! Damn it sucks to be mortal.

|

8/3/2018 2:45 PM

Cool stuff! Thanks for link.
I don‘t use that word often, but Doug is a f#@&ing legend!

|

8/3/2018 2:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2018 2:50 PM

dh'ers we're so bro we out bro bro bro...
or just people who roll down hills.

yeah they are fast but most are ............twats

anyway good luck doug, watch out for the snide remarks that will fill the pits.

|

8/3/2018 6:50 PM

visser62 wrote: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/prototype-bikes-wheels-amp-more-from-the-2018-us-open-of-mountain-biking.html

Great to see him out there; the guy never stops impressing.

#434 wrote:

Cool stuff! Thanks for link.
I don‘t use that word often, but Doug is a f#@&ing legend!

My first and only time I met Doug was at a “super moto race at Dallas many years ago, we wandered around and wound up in the pits, he was grooving his slicks, saying someone gave him the tool and told him to groove the shit out of it, he asked us if we know how to do it and we were just standing there saying no not really. I’m hoping I am competitive he said. Then we saw McGrath and didn’t have much to say to him either. He was with Jeff ward and Troy Lee and looked like they had their shit together. he hung with Ward. One of the best races I have ever been too

|

8/4/2018 12:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2018 12:46 PM

make1go wrote:

dh'ers we're so bro we out bro bro bro...
or just people who roll down hills.

yeah they are fast but most are ............twats

anyway good luck doug, watch out for the snide remarks that will fill the pits.

Retired vet rider turned roadie? ?

|

8/4/2018 2:35 PM

blockhead17 wrote:

I never knew how to say this.. obviously I want to be very delicate .. however I feel like he was destined to be paralysed, after breaking his back in like 94 (ish) and then again on Henry hill.. however I think the destiny behind it is to show that this kind of injury is not the end. He is an ambassador and a role model, heaven-forbid if I was ever in the same situation he is someone to inspire me to not give up.

First of all, there is no such thing as destiny. Second of all, this is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read in a very, very long time.

|

8/4/2018 3:49 PM

In other DH/moto news, I was checking results sheets and saw that Tyler Villopoto has been racing all year in the NW, doing well in Cat 1 (highest amateur class). If he stays interested he should be in pro next year.

https://www.rootsandrain.com/rider140881/tyler-villopoto/results/

|