Doug Henry

jonjon714
7/26/2011 6:47am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 7:01pm
|
ocscottie
7/26/2011 6:57am
That was awesome! thx for posting. it is truly amazing what he and his whole family have endured. He has the heart of a champion! A true hero on and off the track!
ftball90
7/26/2011 7:05am
Awesome vid, Ive been following the site for a while now but Im glad that this could be my first post here. Truely inspiring!
ga_pike
7/26/2011 7:11am
What a great video. Doug Henry is a model person we should all learn from.
希望
7/26/2011 7:17am Edited Date/Time 7/26/2011 7:20am
Nice video.

He's goes good on that rigged up bike.I thought my video player froze when he started talking about dancing so I hit reload.

The Shop

vet323
7/26/2011 7:18am
"I don't want to waste time not being happy."

Why in the heck can't all of us think like that?
DL
7/26/2011 7:26am
He is an amazing person.
bt260
7/26/2011 7:26am
dude is the epitome of bad ass.
huck
7/26/2011 7:34am
Seems like a movie on his life would be an instant hit...even for non-moto people.
If people went to see the one about the girl getting bit by a shark...they'd line up for Doug's story.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
7/26/2011 7:42am
That man is amazing! He should become a motivational speaker to other men on how to step up and face every situation head on. Alot of men I know have completely crumbled under far less stressful situations.
Switch
7/26/2011 7:44am
The guy is an idol. I have never met anyone with the desire and drive that Doug carries in everyday life. Its inspiring.
sfairbro
7/26/2011 8:20am
Thank you for posting. Puts things into perspective. Great person, true hero....Human being. Class act.
mxrose3
Fantasy
853rd
7/26/2011 8:41am
vet323 wrote:

x2 - What an inspiration. We should all take note.
munsch121
7/26/2011 8:41am
Doug Henry is one of the most extraordinary people there will ever be, PERIOD. Forget just the sport of motocross, forget what he has done in our sport. Just his outlook on everything, the way he treats people, you name it the man is one of a kind.

I met him at Unadilla a long long time ago riding his mountain bike on the track after the amatuer motos, a short 5 minute conversation and he asked more questions about me and if I was riding, what I thought of the track, then I had a chance to ask him !! Truly an amazing human being.
ocscottie
7/26/2011 8:43am
munsch121 wrote:
Doug Henry is one of the most extraordinary people there will ever be, PERIOD. Forget just the sport of motocross, forget what he has done in...
Doug Henry is one of the most extraordinary people there will ever be, PERIOD. Forget just the sport of motocross, forget what he has done in our sport. Just his outlook on everything, the way he treats people, you name it the man is one of a kind.

I met him at Unadilla a long long time ago riding his mountain bike on the track after the amatuer motos, a short 5 minute conversation and he asked more questions about me and if I was riding, what I thought of the track, then I had a chance to ask him !! Truly an amazing human being.
Spot on.
munsch121
7/26/2011 8:44am
vet323 wrote:

Dude, more true words have never been spoken
ddog558
7/26/2011 9:38am
A true Icon
TeamGreen
7/26/2011 9:49am
My day jus' got a lil' bit better!

Thanks JonJon.
Adam43
7/26/2011 9:59am
Doug is incredible. He is a champion in everything he does.
7/26/2011 12:13pm
ftball90 wrote:
Awesome vid, Ive been following the site for a while now but Im glad that this could be my first post here. Truely inspiring!
brian?
7/26/2011 12:23pm
Him and his wife are both amazing. I was in Milleville with $20 to my name. They took me in the whole day and basically let me hang out with them. I didn't know them at all. They are soooo nice.

Tribute to Doug Henry

His eyes are cold and restless
His wounds have almost healed
And she'd give half of Texas
Just to change the way he feels
She knows his love's on motos
And she knows he's gonna go
Well it ain't no woman flesh and blood
It's that damned super-moto

Well it's jumps and blood
It's dust and mud
It's the roar of a Sunday crowd
It's the white in his knuckles
The sweat in his goggles
He'll win the next go 'round
It's boots and scars
It's the handle bars
It's grips and Tapers pro
It's the suspension and the chain
And the joy and the pain
And they call the thing supermoto

She does her best to hold him
When his love comes to call
But his need for it controls him
And her back's against the wall
And it's So long girl I'll see you
When it's time for him to go
You know the woman wants her rider
Like he wants his supermoto

It's dust and mud
The sweat in his goggles
It's boots and scars
It's the handle bars
And the joy and the pain

It'll drive a rider crazy
It'll drive the man insane
And he'll sell off everything he owns
Just to pay to play the game
And a broken home and some broken bones
Is all he'll have to show
For all the years that he spent chasin'
This dream they call supermoto

It's dust and mud
The sweat in his goggles
It's boots and scars
It's the handle bars
And the joy and the pain

It's the crashes and the blood
It's the jumps in the mud

Get well soon Doug.
ftball90
7/26/2011 12:34pm
Im good, my brothers got movement in his whole right leg now and movement in his left foot... Just showed him this vid for a little motivation. How you doing?
ftball90
7/26/2011 12:36pm
Him and his wife are both amazing. I was in Milleville with $20 to my name. They took me in the whole day and basically let...
Him and his wife are both amazing. I was in Milleville with $20 to my name. They took me in the whole day and basically let me hang out with them. I didn't know them at all. They are soooo nice.

Tribute to Doug Henry

His eyes are cold and restless
His wounds have almost healed
And she'd give half of Texas
Just to change the way he feels
She knows his love's on motos
And she knows he's gonna go
Well it ain't no woman flesh and blood
It's that damned super-moto

It's dust and mud
The sweat in his goggles
It's boots and scars
It's the handle bars
And the joy and the pain

She does her best to hold him
When his love comes to call
But his need for it controls him
And her back's against the wall
And it's So long girl I'll see you
When it's time for him to go
You know the woman wants her rider
Like he wants his supermoto

It's dust and mud
The sweat in his goggles
It's boots and scars
It's the handle bars
And the joy and the pain

It'll drive a rider crazy
It'll drive the man insane
And he'll sell off everything he owns
Just to pay to play the game
And a broken home and some broken bones
Is all he'll have to show
For all the years that he spent chasin'
This dream they call supermoto

It's dust and mud
The sweat in his goggles
It's boots and scars
It's the handle bars
And the joy and the pain

It's the crashes and the blood
It's the jumps in the mud

Get well soon Doug.
that Garth Brooks song never fit so well!
7/26/2011 12:47pm
ftball90 wrote:
Im good, my brothers got movement in his whole right leg now and movement in his left foot... Just showed him this vid for a little...
Im good, my brothers got movement in his whole right leg now and movement in his left foot... Just showed him this vid for a little motivation. How you doing?
thats awesome man. i could show him allll kinds of stuff for motivation. some of the things ive seen at therapy in cincinnati were amazing. im doing alright. just trying to save up some more money now to get back at some more therapy. stuffs expensive.
AbouttheRide
Fantasy
2890th
7/26/2011 12:52pm
When Chuck Norris goes to bed at night and thinks about being tougher he sees a picture of Doug Henry in his dreams.
ftball90
7/26/2011 12:59pm
ftball90 wrote:
Im good, my brothers got movement in his whole right leg now and movement in his left foot... Just showed him this vid for a little...
thats awesome man. i could show him allll kinds of stuff for motivation. some of the things ive seen at therapy in cincinnati were amazing. im...
thats awesome man. i could show him allll kinds of stuff for motivation. some of the things ive seen at therapy in cincinnati were amazing. im doing alright. just trying to save up some more money now to get back at some more therapy. stuffs expensive.
I know man, its a killer he missed 2 weeks of therapy because of an insurance mix up. Kinda bummed him out because he was doin so good, but he tries when he wants to. The part that really bothers him is that he hasnt gotten anything back in his hands yet. You back home now or you still in Cinci? I might have to hook u two up sometime ur free so you can talk some sense into his ass.

Oh and do you have insurance? They should cover unlimited outpatient therapy, Im sure its not the same as what you were gettin in Cincy but somethings better than nothing.
7/26/2011 1:12pm
ftball90 wrote:
thats awesome man. i could show him allll kinds of stuff for motivation. some of the things ive seen at therapy in cincinnati were amazing. im...
ftball90 wrote:
I know man, its a killer he missed 2 weeks of therapy because of an insurance mix up. Kinda bummed him out because he was doin...
I know man, its a killer he missed 2 weeks of therapy because of an insurance mix up. Kinda bummed him out because he was doin so good, but he tries when he wants to. The part that really bothers him is that he hasnt gotten anything back in his hands yet. You back home now or you still in Cinci? I might have to hook u two up sometime ur free so you can talk some sense into his ass.

Oh and do you have insurance? They should cover unlimited outpatient therapy, Im sure its not the same as what you were gettin in Cincy but somethings better than nothing.
im back home now. i had insurance, yes, but it wouldnt cover what i was getting in cincinnati. get ahold of me on facebook or something. id talk to brandon anytime.
ftball90
7/26/2011 1:29pm
ftball90 wrote:
I know man, its a killer he missed 2 weeks of therapy because of an insurance mix up. Kinda bummed him out because he was doin...

im back home now. i had insurance, yes, but it wouldnt cover what i was getting in cincinnati. get ahold of me on facebook or something...
im back home now. i had insurance, yes, but it wouldnt cover what i was getting in cincinnati. get ahold of me on facebook or something. id talk to brandon anytime.
AIght man Ill do that... and thanks. He needs to so he realises hes not the only one with problems, and Idk how to really relate to it.
dehner47
7/26/2011 2:28pm
a true motocross hero!!!

Post a reply to: Doug Henry

The Latest