Doubles

Related:
Create New Tag

1/6/2019 12:14 PM

Anyone else think the doubles were awesome!

Hope the track builders drop more in this series!

Nowadays it’s always rhythms and triples, I thought it was one of the coolest parts of the track last night and definitely separated guys that didn’t get the drive out the turn to get them both every lap

|

1/6/2019 12:16 PM

I like em, definitely a cool set up

|

1/6/2019 12:19 PM

I liked that section. In fact, I like the A1 track all together.

|

1/6/2019 12:23 PM

Track was great.

|

1/6/2019 12:24 PM

I really dug that big double / double section. And yeah , I hope they incorporate them more into the tracks. I liked the entire layout last night.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/6/2019 12:25 PM

I really Liked the track a lot, and i thought those Doubles where the coolest obstacle ive seen in a Long time.
I hope there us more cool stuff to come

|

1/6/2019 12:30 PM

who doesnt like big doubles!! w00t

|

1/6/2019 1:15 PM

I loved the big doubles too. When they talked about it in pre-race, I perked up immediately. Once I saw them on the track in qualifying, I was totally digging it. I don't think the majority of people grasp how difficult that first double was to get the speed to clear it. We need more obstacles like that.

|

1/6/2019 1:17 PM

best part of the track! and was so good to see Webb get his style back and sending it over them getting loose!

hope we see more of that track lay out

|

1/6/2019 1:32 PM

Yup! My buddies and I brought those up a few times last night. They looked beefy on the broadcast.

|

United States of America

1/6/2019 1:53 PM

Cliffy615 wrote:

Anyone else think the doubles were awesome!

Hope the track builders drop more in this series!

Nowadays it’s always rhythms and triples, I thought it was one of the coolest parts of the track last night and definitely separated guys that didn’t get the drive out the turn to get them both every lap

i think all the track maps are out now so you could find out if you wanted.

|

1/6/2019 1:57 PM

The double double was awesome. Webb hucking it on the last lap of the 450 main was also awesome.

|

1/6/2019 2:38 PM

The track was great and I agree the doubles were awesome.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

1/6/2019 2:48 PM

I loved them. The whole track looked awesome.

|

2001 RM125
2016 RMz450

1/6/2019 2:55 PM

First thing we noticed when we walked in the stadium! They might have been the perfect obstacle as they required skill, courage and the time reward was very noticeable, in other words the guys who took the risk really benefited.

There have been quads in the past that only the top guys were doing but the risk to reward ratio wasn't great.

|

1/6/2019 3:25 PM

The time difference between hitting and not was great. Awesome feature!!

|

1/6/2019 3:27 PM

That was by far the best track I've ever seen it Anaheim 1 ..... And quite possibly one of the best tracks I've ever seen period. I'm gonna have to go back and watch the live broadcast as I was actually at the stadium in person it was so much fun to watch there was always something going on

|

1/6/2019 3:48 PM

Big doubles no troubles!!

They were sick and needed total commitment especially late in that race.. Excellent stuff

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

1/6/2019 3:50 PM

Track was really sweet. Hope to see more like that

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

1/6/2019 4:26 PM

Was awesome to see. Was two really big gaps with very little run up. Coolest track in a while.

|

1/6/2019 5:04 PM

Such a great obstacle for making up/losing time. Really factored in big to most of the battles, passes, and charges we saw all night.

Make more like it damn it!!

|

1/6/2019 5:21 PM

They were definitely cool and rewarded the guys who were patient enough in the corner beforehand and had big enough balls to pull the trigger.

Would it have been as cool though if it was a dry race? I have to think that pretty much everyone in the main event, atleast in the 450 class, would've been able to send it pretty much every lap and it would've just been another triple without the middle hump.

Having something like that after a bowl turn would be cool, giving the guys the option of going outside and sending it, or running it inside and blocking the line but having to single out.

|

1/6/2019 5:33 PM

big doubles for big balls. cooper webb skied it out hard that one lap. crossed all the way across the lane.

|

1/6/2019 5:42 PM

Great section. One of the few times in recently memory that they had to hit a corner perfectly to clear something. That looked like a huuuuge gap. Damn those guys are good.

|

1/6/2019 6:02 PM

haydos25 wrote:

They were definitely cool and rewarded the guys who were patient enough in the corner beforehand and had big enough balls to pull the trigger.

Would it have been as cool though if it was a dry race? I have to think that pretty much everyone in the main event, atleast in the 450 class, would've been able to send it pretty much every lap and it would've just been another triple without the middle hump.

Having something like that after a bowl turn would be cool, giving the guys the option of going outside and sending it, or running it inside and blocking the line but having to single out.

yes ...I think the track would have been more cooler if it was dry..probably would have been a different outcome in both classes..

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

1/6/2019 7:13 PM

It really shows how far they're jumping. On those triples, it doesn't look like as much with that extra hump in there. That double double section was pretty cool.

|

1/6/2019 9:22 PM

Photo
|

1/7/2019 10:15 AM

I liked that it brought back the old school element of racing like people have talked about from the old 2 stroke days.

Have to go outside to make the jump, but leaves the door wide open.

|

1/7/2019 10:22 AM

I liked that the way they were built allowed riders to go 1-2-1 if they weren’t able to get that first double.

|

1/7/2019 10:26 AM

No one quaded them so they sucked.

|