Don't invite the PC team to your house.

DanDunes818
5/27/2016 10:53am Edited Date/Time 5/27/2016 10:56am
I waited tables for quite a few years at one point of my life. I understand her frustration, but if I threw someone out, the last thing I would expect is a tip. The fact that they gave the girl $8 is $600 more than I would of given her. heck, if you kick me out of your establishment, you'll be lucky if I pay my tab. The minute you decide you are going to throw your only table of the night out, is the minute you have decided that making "NO MONEY" tonight is better than dealing with them. Everyone knows that.
hvaughn88
5/27/2016 10:56am
I waited tables for quite a few years at one point of my life. I understand her frustration, but if I threw someone out, the last...
I waited tables for quite a few years at one point of my life. I understand her frustration, but if I threw someone out, the last thing I would expect is a tip. The fact that they gave the girl $8 is $600 more than I would of given her. heck, if you kick me out of your establishment, you'll be lucky if I pay my tab. The minute you decide you are going to throw your only table of the night out, is the minute you have decided that making "NO MONEY" tonight is better than dealing with them. Everyone knows that.
Wow. That's pretty awful to hear. I hate to sound like mr. goody-goody but if I did something bad enough to warrant getting thrown out one night, I'd go back the next day and a) apologize and b) make sure I squared up my tab (hefty tip included).
peelout
5/27/2016 10:58am
I waited tables for quite a few years at one point of my life. I understand her frustration, but if I threw someone out, the last...
The fact that they gave the girl $8 is $600 more than I would of given her. heck, if you kick me out of your establishment, you'll be lucky if I pay my tab.

you can't be serious.
5/27/2016 11:09am
peelout wrote:
[i]The fact that they gave the girl $8 is $600 more than I would of given her. heck, if you kick me out of your establishment...
The fact that they gave the girl $8 is $600 more than I would of given her. heck, if you kick me out of your establishment, you'll be lucky if I pay my tab.

you can't be serious.
I hope he was joking too. It might seem as though any group that behaved so poorly as to be tossed from the place "would of" tipped generously out of embarrassment and contrition. But that's just me.

It's hard to judge character sometimes, but I read most of this thread, and lots of the replies seem to have come from people who themselves have no sense of etiquette (or, I suspect, maturity).

The Shop

DanDunes818
5/27/2016 11:11am
hvaughn88 wrote:
Wow. That's pretty awful to hear. I hate to sound like mr. goody-goody but if I did something bad enough to warrant getting thrown out one...
Wow. That's pretty awful to hear. I hate to sound like mr. goody-goody but if I did something bad enough to warrant getting thrown out one night, I'd go back the next day and a) apologize and b) make sure I squared up my tab (hefty tip included).
Haha.. I forgot, you can't joke in a serious discussion about an angry waitress thread. My bad. Of course I would of paid, I'm not big on getting thrown out and arrested. But, I 100% would not tip someone that threw me out.
DanDunes818
5/27/2016 11:14am
And guys, how do you know 100% they behaved poorly. Like I said, I did her job for a lot of years, and prided myself on being able to handle stuff like this, deescalating the situation and keeping everyone happy. I used to hear my co-workers crying all the time over nothing. Yes, they may have acted bad, but they're just a group out looking to have a good time and from my experience, I think this person may have been part of the problem.
5/27/2016 11:14am
Haha.. I forgot, you can't joke in a serious discussion about an angry waitress thread. My bad. Of course I would of paid, I'm not big...
Haha.. I forgot, you can't joke in a serious discussion about an angry waitress thread. My bad. Of course I would of paid, I'm not big on getting thrown out and arrested. But, I 100% would not tip someone that threw me out.
Damn, have you considered the misery the server went through that ultimately got you thrown out? Does that register at all? Really?

Dude, maybe you "should of" quit while you were behind.
5/27/2016 11:26am
Damn. About 6 pages ago I almost posted "15 pager rager fer sure!"

The only other thing I'm going to add is that I'm grateful I've never had to wait tables, and after reading this thread all day, I'm not inclined to forget that. I don't know what Mitch or Joey did, so I'm staying out of that, but I know how hard wait staff works, and I know that in this day and age of "me, me, now, I'm important, look at me, get out of my way, hurry up, gotta have it," serving must be hell on earth. Most of you wouldn't last a day.
Premix
5/27/2016 11:33am
So wait, hooters girl is mad about some rowdy customers that she kicked out of the resurant they were at? Have any of you ever been to a hooters or just live behind that keyboard on vital? Lucky the only wad she had thrown at her was made of paper towels....
PFitzG38
5/27/2016 11:35am
You would think after a win the team would be happy and nice. You can tell so much about a person by the way they treat...
You would think after a win the team would be happy and nice. You can tell so much about a person by the way they treat waitstaff/anyone below them. How quickly they forget where they came from and some on that pc team will be without a ride next year. Most likely making less than those servers. Some of you in here must like the youtube videos where people do shitty things to others and pull the "hey, it's just a prank bro". Nope, that's just a dbag move.
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~ Samuel Johnson or Ann Landers
Tbteam
5/27/2016 11:45am
It's important to remember... If you consider yourself really famous, in a sport that very few people have ever heard of, and you win a race in a place that very few people have ever heard of, and the race that you won was televised on a channel that very few people have ever heard of, you're a straight up baller. It is your right to act like an asshole to a poor girl waiting tables.
jj welks
5/27/2016 11:50am
Dumbgeon hall of fame material right here
PFitzG38
5/27/2016 11:50am
fanger wrote:
Could somebody explain this tipping business?
Since you're in Australia, I'll take you at face value since I know things are different there. Here in America, many waiters/waitresses get paid next to...
Since you're in Australia, I'll take you at face value since I know things are different there.

Here in America, many waiters/waitresses get paid next to nothing to wait tables. I just checked the internet and found the average is $5/hour, and the minimum cash wage in some states is actually a bit over $2/h! As such, these folks generally live off the tips they receive for the service they provide (particularly since it is "tax free" as long as cash changes hands, usually good etiquette to pay bill with card but tip with cash). Tips are usually between 15-20% of the bill.
Bingo. Here's my take away from this entire gossip thread. Something I'm sure I knew sub-consciously or should have but rarely act on. Tip with cash. Your effort to respond to what possibly is a smart ass comment was worthwhile as was my time reading this far into this soap opera.
Motoxdoc
5/27/2016 11:52am Edited Date/Time 5/27/2016 11:53am
IMO you can judge a person's personality by how they treat "service" workers. Given what you said above and the fact that you used to work in the service industry......you seem like a real nice, reasonable and respectable person! Need another friend?......Have ANY friends?

PS- how can $8 be $600 more than you would've given her?
5/27/2016 11:54am
Some of you need some serious therapy. I'm not talking the once a week visit for $70. No, you need Vienna. You need to get on a plane and go where it all started. You need a team totally dedicated to you - thinking about you, having meetings about you, devising strategies, etc. Because that's the only way you're going to get better. Here's lookin' at you EK and Dan.
EEE299
5/27/2016 12:04pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2016 12:05pm
jj welks wrote:
Dumbgeon hall of fame material right here
Totally surprised this hasn't been moved yet!

Oh well. If it makes you guys feel any better, I'm sure she has been treated worse by CSU frat guys. She can handle itTongue
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
5/27/2016 12:12pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
IMO you can judge a person's personality by how they treat "service" workers. Given what you said above and the fact that you used to work...
IMO you can judge a person's personality by how they treat "service" workers. Given what you said above and the fact that you used to work in the service industry......you seem like a real nice, reasonable and respectable person! Need another friend?......Have ANY friends?

That's 'Dan math'
newmann
5/27/2016 12:13pm
Tbteam wrote:
It's important to remember... If you consider yourself really famous, in a sport that very few people have ever heard of, and you win a race...
It's important to remember... If you consider yourself really famous, in a sport that very few people have ever heard of, and you win a race in a place that very few people have ever heard of, and the race that you won was televised on a channel that very few people have ever heard of, you're a straight up baller. It is your right to act like an asshole to a poor girl waiting tables.
Someone gets it...Wink

I remember a group of guys having fun times in Colorado at the MXdN a few years back. No waitresses were harmed and proper tips were given. Never heard a peep on the interwebz. Funny how that works.

Oh, and how is F'n Eric?Laughing
DanDunes818
5/27/2016 12:16pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
IMO you can judge a person's personality by how they treat "service" workers. Given what you said above and the fact that you used to work...

disbanded wrote:
That's 'Dan math'
No, it's real math. The bill was $592, and they gave her $600 ($8 tip) which is $600 more than someone that didn't want to pay the bill would give. Which was me joking that I wouldn't of paid the tab. You guys are all amped up in attack more. I'm going to duck out now.. haha
5/27/2016 12:22pm
Some of you need some serious therapy. I'm not talking the once a week visit for $70. No, you need Vienna. You need to get on...
Some of you need some serious therapy. I'm not talking the once a week visit for $70. No, you need Vienna. You need to get on a plane and go where it all started. You need a team totally dedicated to you - thinking about you, having meetings about you, devising strategies, etc. Because that's the only way you're going to get better. Here's lookin' at you EK and Dan.
I knew I had heard the above somewhere!

5/27/2016 12:27pm
Dang Randy, well thanks for posting this up....respect goes along way. Hope those guys pick up on this and make it right....
5/27/2016 12:38pm
Vitals lesson of the day, it's ok to treat someone badly as long as you are more educated than them....
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
5/27/2016 12:41pm
Something tells me the dudes saying "it's Hooters what do you expect" are the same dudes that answer "she shouldn't of dressed like that" when a chick gets fondled.
akillerwombat
5/27/2016 12:42pm
seth505 wrote:
Something tells me the dudes saying "it's Hooters what do you expect" are the same dudes that answer "she shouldn't of dressed like that" when a...
Something tells me the dudes saying "it's Hooters what do you expect" are the same dudes that answer "she shouldn't of dressed like that" when a chick gets fondled.
Bingo.
motogrady
5/27/2016 12:50pm

They have a right to be assholes.
She has a right to talk about it.
You don't want to be called an asshole, don't be or hang with assholes.

Effing guy got who knows how much of a bonus.
They hit a bar/restaurant on a Saturday night and expect express pronto service, fuck them.

Send the girl 300 bucks for Christ sake.
5/27/2016 12:52pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2016 12:53pm
Man, the only thing I'm getting out of this. Is there wont be a Monster/Hooters/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki next year. And I'm really disappointed there is no link to a tmz sports video of Mitch wrapped as a mummy in a hooters.
akillerwombat
5/27/2016 12:52pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2016 12:54pm
Clearly there is a jump in severity between groping a woman vs treating her poorly but to say the mentality of the perpetrator of both situations in cause, effect, and reaction doesn't lie on a similar plane is ignorant.

In short (and tempered down language), in both situations the man absconds responsibility and places said blame on the victim.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
5/27/2016 1:04pm
Clearly there is a jump in severity between groping a woman vs treating her poorly but to say the mentality of the perpetrator of both situations...
Clearly there is a jump in severity between groping a woman vs treating her poorly but to say the mentality of the perpetrator of both situations in cause, effect, and reaction doesn't lie on a similar plane is ignorant.

In short (and tempered down language), in both situations the man absconds responsibility and places said blame on the victim.
Ya, this ^
JM485
5/27/2016 1:04pm
Neither does anyone else . . . Please stop. . .
Harvdog21
5/27/2016 1:28pm
Ok all you moto heads, Mitch Payton spoke directly to Morgan earlier today. Mitch stepped up and took responsibility for the entire incident, even though it involved others not directly involved with his team. Joey's name came up but he wasn't directly responsible for any of this, so please don't hold Joey responsible for any of this, or any statement he has made. Joey has worked very hard to get to this place in his career.

Morgan sent me the following text that she wanted to share with all of you:

"I received a personal call from Mitch Payton this morning and he apologized for his team's actions last weekend. Hopefully we can all put this behind us and refrain from bagging on the Pro Circuit team any more, and I wish their team good luck this weekend at Glen Helen."

We should all congratulate Joey on his win and look forward to a great season of outdoor motocross. Thanks all.

Post a reply to: Don't invite the PC team to your house.

The Latest