Don't call it a comeback...

Big Lenny
|
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
4/21/2022 2:03pm
Hopefully he's got the health issues under control finally.

CPR
4/21/2022 2:29pm
Magoofan wrote:

Hope so too, but can’t see how?
He’s been suffering for years now, without reprieve, so I can’t see how, in just a couple of months, his health can turn around as much as it needs to, to be back at his best.

Though even one race in Unadilla 21 form will be a joy to watch.
Boggins
4/21/2022 6:52pm
Glad he's back, the races are always more enjoyable w 94 on the line!

The Shop

CraigCrashes
Fantasy
1665th
4/21/2022 9:51pm
I’m a KR94 fan. But I can’t wrap my head around this either. Can’t race a 20min supercross in cool weather. Takes 2.5 months off. Now healthy to return to 60+ mins of outdoor racing in 100+ degree heat? I hope he proves me wrong.
4/22/2022 12:04am
If he is healthy enough for outdoor prep, I’m suprised he isn’t racing the last few rounds of SX..
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
4/22/2022 4:51am
I’m a KR94 fan. But I can’t wrap my head around this either. Can’t race a 20min supercross in cool weather. Takes 2.5 months off. Now...
I’m a KR94 fan. But I can’t wrap my head around this either. Can’t race a 20min supercross in cool weather. Takes 2.5 months off. Now healthy to return to 60+ mins of outdoor racing in 100+ degree heat? I hope he proves me wrong.
I don't think it's as simple as that. It's not like he did fine until the last couple of laps before he got tired. He was a P7-10 guy in most rounds from lap 1 on and that has nothing to do with getting tired
Magoofan
4/22/2022 8:35am
Why is there no talk about Kenny going to KTM? Woohoo Sorry....couldn't help myself (from the other locked thread).
McG194
4/22/2022 8:45am
Magoofan wrote:
Why is there no talk about Kenny going to KTM? Woohoo Sorry....couldn't help myself (from the other locked thread).
Sorry I locked it because there was no intelligent discussion. It was a useless thread, but you bring it to another thread???

Well, I'm in the camp that Kenny bowing out of SX was as much health as it was bike related.

I think that Honda has Kenny spooked. He was never the same after crashing in the whoops and almost getting his head taken off.
Magoofan
4/22/2022 8:47am
It was just kidding around. Wink

I don't see him going back to KTM.

FerCzD
4/22/2022 10:58am
I've seen this movie before. We all know how it ends.

Also, at this point, a retired Cairolli hungry to prove himself in the AMA circuit will end with better results IMO.
Coggl
4/22/2022 4:06pm
With Cairolli racing and having Dylan defending and roczen back it will be one interesting series
cwel11
4/22/2022 7:41pm
Ken will not finish the season unfortunately. He’ll probably inexplicably win the first round though.
Ryan625
4/22/2022 8:05pm
cwel11 wrote:
Ken will not finish the season unfortunately. He’ll probably inexplicably win the first round though.
I hope you’re wrong, but that did make me laugh.
CraigCrashes
Fantasy
1665th
4/22/2022 8:35pm
crusty_xx wrote:
I don't think it's as simple as that. It's not like he did fine until the last couple of laps before he got tired. He was...
I don't think it's as simple as that. It's not like he did fine until the last couple of laps before he got tired. He was a P7-10 guy in most rounds from lap 1 on and that has nothing to do with getting tired
Honestly, I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make?

I like roczen, both on the bike and off the bike, I think he’s a stand up guy. But I can’t figure this out.
cwel11
4/23/2022 4:10am
cwel11 wrote:
Ryan625 wrote:
I hope you’re wrong, but that did make me laugh.
I actually hope I’m wrong as well. He’s not my favorite guy but I respect the hell out of his abilities
4/23/2022 4:44am
Big Lenny wrote:
Downvoters are a joke...Laughing
I'm scratching my head on that, too. Nobody wants to see Roczen race this summer?
mxb2
4/23/2022 6:03am Edited Date/Time 4/23/2022 7:22am
Big Lenny wrote:
I'm scratching my head on that, too. Nobody wants to see Roczen race this summer?
Sad sad people have nothing to do. But be miserable. I posted some badass pics of herlings at ironman on a different post, got downvoted . Lmfao. Foh, clowns.
ATKpilot99
4/23/2022 8:15am
Big Lenny wrote:
I think some will just thumbs down anything Lenny posts for whatever reason. Sad .
4/23/2022 8:34am
I’m a KR94 fan. But I can’t wrap my head around this either. Can’t race a 20min supercross in cool weather. Takes 2.5 months off. Now...
2 and a half months is quite a long rest is it not?... For a motocross rider anyway. And now he has over a month to get ready. Not sure what you don't understand, his championship was done and he wasn't getting time to recover, so he mailed it in to get ready for outdoors.
CraigCrashes
Fantasy
1665th
4/23/2022 9:06am
2 and a half months is quite a long rest is it not?... For a motocross rider anyway. And now he has over a month to...
2 and a half months is quite a long rest is it not?... For a motocross rider anyway. And now he has over a month to get ready. Not sure what you don't understand, his championship was done and he wasn't getting time to recover, so he mailed it in to get ready for outdoors.
Ken Roczen doesn’t get 18th place in a supercross because his championship is done and he’s mailing it in. Something is(was) wrong with him. We’ve seen Ken take off 8 months before when he sat out the 2020 outdoor series to get healthy and let his body rest, and now look where he’s at again. So to say 2.5 months is plenty of time, I disagree and that’s why I don’t understand this move.

Obviously none of us REALLY know the reason or what’s really going on behind closed doors. I hope Ken comes out at Pala and kills it. Be cool to see him win another championship
Hotwhls
4/23/2022 9:41am
You guys are funny and have short memories. This was the same thing he did a few years ago. He left one of the series early to get recovered and take time off. Everyone was saying yeah this great this is what he needs. Well it didn’t work then and it’s not going to work now. Hate to say it but it seems like Kenny has a little quit in him when it doesn’t go his way. He will ride extremely well for a few rounds here and there but won’t finish the series and won’t win the championship. Please down vote all you want but it’s reality.
BikerScars
4/23/2022 10:06am
KR94 is a tremendous talent. He has had a incredible career with multiple championships. He has made a world class comeback. It was rumored that even holding a fork could be challenging after his first arm injury. The fact that he has rebuilt himself to not only come back at a top professional level, but to win a lot of races in both indoors and out shows his return to the sport is the stuff of legends. A true inspiration and triumph of the human spirt.

All of that said, if I had a dozen+ surgeries, had his HUGE cash in the bank, a wife and a little kid at home - I would have good reason to be less hungry. (I am not saying he is less hungry, but I could 100% understand it - especially when I became a father). Make no mistake, they make it look easy but when they get on that track and push it they are risking great bodily harm. One small gap in concentration could end horrifically and permanently. We all try to block that out, however I am guessing it gets harder when you have gone thru what KR has. If he walked off into the pro racing sunset, we all should still have HUGE respect for that decision. When we are young we feel immoral, but KR has been reminded too many times, none of us are and he now has way too much to loose, and little to gain.

I wish him the best no matter what he does.

Brent
4/23/2022 10:09am
Big Lenny wrote:
…dumbass kids that were in diapers 10 years ago.
Fuck them…
Leave Us To
4/23/2022 7:41pm
Magoofan wrote:

A down vote? What kind of person down votes your post? I am with you on the hope for 94. In a perfect world he'd win the 450 outdoor title.
Leave Us To
4/23/2022 7:51pm
Hotwhls wrote:
You guys are funny and have short memories. This was the same thing he did a few years ago. He left one of the series early...
You guys are funny and have short memories. This was the same thing he did a few years ago. He left one of the series early to get recovered and take time off. Everyone was saying yeah this great this is what he needs. Well it didn’t work then and it’s not going to work now. Hate to say it but it seems like Kenny has a little quit in him when it doesn’t go his way. He will ride extremely well for a few rounds here and there but won’t finish the series and won’t win the championship. Please down vote all you want but it’s reality.
What injuries have you recovered from? Disrepectful to say he has a little quit in him after battling back from horrific injuries twice including nearly losing his arm then later a hand. Limegate was another cruel twist of fate.

Reality for me is Ken Roczen is a great example of overcoming adversity but if a medical condition is keeping him in the top 8, I don't think HRC is paying Ken millions for that. I sure hope he can race all 12 rounds.
Leave Us To
4/23/2022 8:24pm
Big Lenny wrote:
I would vote for removing the thumbs up thumbs down feature in order to eliminate the down voters.
4/23/2022 8:44pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2022 8:45pm
I think most of us WANT to see Roczen race, the thing that bothers me is his attitude TOWARDS the racing.
Nobody can deny his heart to come back from those injuries and surgeries, to deal with whatever other health issues he has going on.
It always seems like you either have to worship him or you're labeled a Roczen-hater. I'm neither.
I respect what he's done in/for the sport, I respect the comeback after the injuries, I even respect what appears to be a happy family man.
What I don't like is the back and forth and literally saying he "doesn't have to be there." Kenny is a legend and he should be remembered for his speed and resiliency. I fear with each season he's slowly eroding some of his fan base, and these things are going to be a big part of what he's remembered for.

Post a reply to: Don't call it a comeback...

The Latest