Dominance

Related:
Create New Tag

10/15/2017 12:21 AM

I can’t be the only one who has thought this, but it seems like ktm/husky have been dominating almost every branch of the sport for the past couple years. The times they don’t win they fill up the top 5 and MEC was just another example. Are the bikes just that much better?

|

10/15/2017 12:29 AM

joshflo wrote:

I can’t be the only one who has thought this, but it seems like ktm/husky have been dominating almost every branch of the sport for the past couple years. The times they don’t win they fill up the top 5 and MEC was just another example. Are the bikes just that much better?

already covered here, http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/KTM-Husqvarna,1328084

please keep up...

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

10/15/2017 12:50 AM

joshflo wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

already covered here, http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/KTM-Husqvarna,1328084

please keep up...

Covered where? Didn’t see any answers to my question. Factory teams have equal ability to modify the bikes for their riders yet the european bikes are consistently getting better results in every series. It’s just a coincidence and has nothing to do with it? I’m not even a ktm/husky fan it’s just observation

|

10/15/2017 1:09 AM

joshflo wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

please keep up...

joshflo wrote:

Covered where? Didn’t see any answers to my question. Factory teams have equal ability to modify the bikes for their riders yet the european bikes are consistently getting better results in every series. It’s just a coincidence and has nothing to do with it? I’m not even a ktm/husky fan it’s just observation

what I meant was (I should of spelled it out) you could of posted in that thread....

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

10/15/2017 1:13 AM

ktm/husky dont need the big mods, bars to suit, suspension. Done

|

10/15/2017 5:13 AM

Contengency money. They pay better than most of the rest. Its why you see so many yz's under privateers, aside from being faster and closer to race ready, comtengency money from Yamaha is better than the rest

|

10/15/2017 6:49 AM

Looking at just MEC, kawasaki won 2/3 overalls.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

10/15/2017 7:17 AM

KTM's main buissnies is offroad bikes so its pretty clear that they want to buy the best riders for their program.

Titels is the best PR.

As for the Japanese brands, MX is such a small buissnies compared to the street bikes, boats etc so they probably dont want to spend as much money at the offroad programs.

|

10/15/2017 8:45 AM

What success did Husky have before it was a white KTM??

What do you want, a second color and team for everyone?

What did they win in USA MX before paying Dungey and Decoster?

|

10/15/2017 10:22 AM

KDXGarage wrote:

What success did Husky have before it was a white KTM??

What do you want, a second color and team for everyone?

What did they win in USA MX before paying Dungey and Decoster?

That’s why I said the past couple years. Multiple euro bikes finish towards the top if not on top whether it’s sx, mxgp, endurocross, gncc, ect. Contingency money makes sense as far as having better riders, but it seems to me ever since Dungey helped redesign the bike everyone that switched to one seems to do better

|

10/15/2017 10:25 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

Looking at just MEC, kawasaki won 2/3 overalls.

Lol true. I should’ve been more specific cuz it’s mainly the 450’s that I was talking about

|

10/15/2017 10:41 AM

KTM is dominating the MX2 and MX1 class now for almost a decade in MXGP ...
and now in AMA , not surprised to see them win a lot and sweep podiums

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

10/15/2017 10:57 AM

They might just be the best buggy whip maker.

Wondering how long before Japanese brands see mx like they did observed trials and figure it isn't worth the trouble. MX and even off road in general must be pretty trivial compared to a tiny piece of emerging markets.

Maybe suzuki already has........

|

10/15/2017 10:58 AM

It’s a familiar pattern. Since about the mid nineties, every single time they’ve turned their attention to a racing discipline they develop a bike, hire the best riders then win everything there is to win. WEC, Dakar/rallye racing, MXGP, GNCC, MotoGP 2/3, and now US SX and MX.

|

10/15/2017 11:39 AM

Success in almost any company or organization usually starts with the leadership at the top. KTM's President & CEO, Stefan Pierer, is no exception. Stefan Pierer Cycle News Interview Part 1

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

10/15/2017 12:13 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Success in almost any company or organization usually starts with the leadership at the top. KTM's President & CEO, Stefan Pierer, is no exception. Stefan Pierer Cycle News Interview Part 1

[LINK TO IMAGE]

As a “LA” chargers fan I can totally agree with this grin

|

10/15/2017 12:32 PM

RED BULL and KTM are a great team. Enthusiasts running the company, not bean counters.

|