Doesn’t sound like Bam is keen or confident about being Blu-Cru

philG
6/22/2020 11:17am
Lol I don't know if I can see Webb and Barcia as teammates again. Not a good look to have your guys tussling around on the...
Lol I don't know if I can see Webb and Barcia as teammates again. Not a good look to have your guys tussling around on the floor in the pits...again
If I am a team manager, he needs to turn up with a big bucket of money.. Peick made him look daft on the Suzuki, Bloss has made him look daft in SLC.

Sadly I think he will end up in MXGP, taking a seat that someone more deserving should get.
SoCalMX70
6/22/2020 11:20am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2020 12:20pm
I honestly have no insight or opinion on how much the Yamaha design effects the top riders. I just wish they further developed their old frame design. Every bike is perimeter frame. I really like the old semi-perimeter design:

Edit: To be fair, the KTMs are semi... I was just thinking of the japanese aluminum frame designs since their inception. Yamaha went semi-perimeter on the YZ line as well.
6/22/2020 11:21am
The bike has been fine since 2014. Even the 10-13 that everyone will admit was real bad was still competitive. James won on it and josh...
The bike has been fine since 2014. Even the 10-13 that everyone will admit was real bad was still competitive. James won on it and josh hill stayed in the mix most of that season on one.

Dylan sure looked good on the current 450 in Paris. I bet star would have the bikes dialed in a month.

Barcia wasn’t that much better on the factory Honda and some years worse.

Every year Yamaha picks a couple guys that wouldn’t win the title anyways and then everyone blames the bike
Grant didn’t even practice on his 10-13, he said he was scared to ride that thing. Multiple guys have been open about the bike/team over the last 10 years

The Shop

6/22/2020 11:43am
The bike has been fine since 2014. Even the 10-13 that everyone will admit was real bad was still competitive. James won on it and josh...
The bike has been fine since 2014. Even the 10-13 that everyone will admit was real bad was still competitive. James won on it and josh hill stayed in the mix most of that season on one.

Dylan sure looked good on the current 450 in Paris. I bet star would have the bikes dialed in a month.

Barcia wasn’t that much better on the factory Honda and some years worse.

Every year Yamaha picks a couple guys that wouldn’t win the title anyways and then everyone blames the bike
James won on an 09 Yamaha. The bike changed a ton and he looked terrible on it.
Yes and yes, but he also won a race on the 2010
I believe just barely beating dungey, then got landed on the next week and broke his hand if I’m remembering right.

I’m not defending that bike, it was dog shit.

I’m only trying to state that people’s excuse for barcia “that it’s the bike” isn’t valid since people have won and finished well on worse equipment and he didn’t perform any better when he was on a factory Honda.

To be honest I thought barcia looked the best this season that I’ve ever seen him he had a lot of good rides
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
6/22/2020 11:48am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2020 11:48am
Grant didn’t even practice on his 10-13, he said he was scared to ride that thing. Multiple guys have been open about the bike/team over the...
Grant didn’t even practice on his 10-13, he said he was scared to ride that thing. Multiple guys have been open about the bike/team over the last 10 years
“Grant didn’t even practice on his ‘10-‘13”
~ NOT TRUE ! Unsure
Granted he didn’t like the Yamaha, but saying that he didn’t practice on it, is incorrect.
kpiper
6/22/2020 11:49am
Yes and yes, but he also won a race on the 2010 I believe just barely beating dungey, then got landed on the next week and...
Yes and yes, but he also won a race on the 2010
I believe just barely beating dungey, then got landed on the next week and broke his hand if I’m remembering right.

I’m not defending that bike, it was dog shit.

I’m only trying to state that people’s excuse for barcia “that it’s the bike” isn’t valid since people have won and finished well on worse equipment and he didn’t perform any better when he was on a factory Honda.

To be honest I thought barcia looked the best this season that I’ve ever seen him he had a lot of good rides
He was noticeably slower in SLC than he was earlier in the year. So what happened?
6/22/2020 11:53am
Grant didn’t even practice on his 10-13, he said he was scared to ride that thing. Multiple guys have been open about the bike/team over the...
langhammx wrote:
“Grant didn’t even practice on his ‘10-‘13” ~ NOT TRUE ! :unsure: Granted he didn’t like the Yamaha, but saying that he didn’t practice on it...
“Grant didn’t even practice on his ‘10-‘13”
~ NOT TRUE ! Unsure
Granted he didn’t like the Yamaha, but saying that he didn’t practice on it, is incorrect.
I remember him saying those exact words on “intersection”. I think even reed tried to help him with setup
6/22/2020 12:06pm
Tedder or RMATVMC for him i hope, would just love to see Barcia on a 350!
hamncheeze
6/22/2020 12:20pm
As mentioned already, his gear deal with A-Stars will keep him from going to RMATV-MC KTM as they are a Fly team. Plus Matthes/Weigandt/JT continually mention the second seat at RMATV-MC is a pretty low salary.

If Barcia goes to a new team....there's not much out there. Maybe MotoConcepts for SX only, maybe if Tedder expanded. He has been a Monster guy for a long time so the Tedder rig would align nicely.
mx1313
6/22/2020 12:23pm Edited Date/Time 6/22/2020 12:26pm
If I were a team owner I'd avoid Barcia like the plague. He's never won any 450 championship. Never even been close to one really points wise.And if anyone thinks he's ever going to be any different than he's been or suddenly going to win a championship after all these years on a 450, that's a REALLY big longshot. The top 10 would have to be decimated before Bam would have a legit shot at any title. If it hasn't happened by now, it ain't going to happen for Barcia. He's clearly a second tier rider. Meaning he's really no threat for wins or a championship. He'll give you exposure and all that, but a week to week legitimate threat for wins? Nope.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
6/22/2020 12:29pm Edited Date/Time 6/22/2020 12:33pm
mx1313 wrote:
If I were a team owner I'd avoid Barcia like the plague. He's never won any 450 championship. Never even been close to one really points...
If I were a team owner I'd avoid Barcia like the plague. He's never won any 450 championship. Never even been close to one really points wise.And if anyone thinks he's ever going to be any different than he's been or suddenly going to win a championship after all these years on a 450, that's a REALLY big longshot. The top 10 would have to be decimated before Bam would have a legit shot at any title. If it hasn't happened by now, it ain't going to happen for Barcia. He's clearly a second tier rider. Meaning he's really no threat for wins or a championship. He'll give you exposure and all that, but a week to week legitimate threat for wins? Nope.
How do you explain winning a supercross race in 2020? How many people on earth won a 450 supercross race in 2020? Just some food for thought.

I think people forget that you can't build a team of all championship contenders as well.
SoCalMX70
6/22/2020 12:35pm
mx1313 wrote:
If I were a team owner I'd avoid Barcia like the plague. He's never won any 450 championship. Never even been close to one really points...
Reed called it years ago. Barcia will never be a 450 champ. Doesn't have the mentality.

I've been back and forth with Barcia over the years, but it's always the same old story. He hasn't changed a bit. His motivation comes from getting a paying ride, then from anger toward other riders... Getting to a championship level will never work that way. He needs to completely change his mental approach to racing... And I would not count on that ever happening. Even if he did change, it's probably too late.
SoCalMX70
6/22/2020 12:37pm
seth505 wrote:
How do you explain winning a supercross race in 2020? How many people on earth won a 450 supercross race in 2020? Just some food for...
How do you explain winning a supercross race in 2020? How many people on earth won a 450 supercross race in 2020? Just some food for thought.

I think people forget that you can't build a team of all championship contenders as well.
That's a good point as well. Barcia doesn't NEED to be a championship level contender necessarily, but what else is he doing? Mouthing off, trying to take people out, and leaving his factory team out of his social media thank yous.

He's doing it wrong.
spimx
6/22/2020 12:47pm
I could see Barcia as a privateer with monster and Astars should be enough and he can finally have whatever bike he likes
ATKpilot99
6/22/2020 1:18pm
Lol I don't know if I can see Webb and Barcia as teammates again. Not a good look to have your guys tussling around on the...
Lol I don't know if I can see Webb and Barcia as teammates again. Not a good look to have your guys tussling around on the floor in the pits...again
philG wrote:
If I am a team manager, he needs to turn up with a big bucket of money.. Peick made him look daft on the Suzuki, Bloss...
If I am a team manager, he needs to turn up with a big bucket of money.. Peick made him look daft on the Suzuki, Bloss has made him look daft in SLC.

Sadly I think he will end up in MXGP, taking a seat that someone more deserving should get.
Maybe he can take Covington's spot.
6/22/2020 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 6/22/2020 1:28pm
spimx wrote:
I could see Barcia as a privateer with monster and Astars should be enough and he can finally have whatever bike he likes
He did that already, and not even in the all-too-distant past. Rode 2017 Monster Cup on his own Alpine Stars/Monster Honda.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
6/22/2020 1:35pm
jrrundle wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/06/22/433818/s1200_SmartSelect_20200622_133130_Instagram.jpg[/img]

LOL! 7 hours later. Bet he was getting crap for that.
motomike137
6/22/2020 1:40pm
SoCalMX70 wrote:
I honestly have no insight or opinion on how much the Yamaha design effects the top riders. I just wish they further developed their old frame...
I honestly have no insight or opinion on how much the Yamaha design effects the top riders. I just wish they further developed their old frame design. Every bike is perimeter frame. I really like the old semi-perimeter design:

Edit: To be fair, the KTMs are semi... I was just thinking of the japanese aluminum frame designs since their inception. Yamaha went semi-perimeter on the YZ line as well.
Go back to steel. Aluminum frames suck.
toomanykaws
He has said he would like to race the GP’s before retiring. Be nice to see him do it while he still younger.
mx1313
mx1313 wrote:
seth505 wrote:
How do you explain winning a supercross race in 2020? How many people on earth won a 450 supercross race in 2020? Just some food for...

Barcia's win this season was a surprise wasn't it? Didn't REALLY expect it did you? Nobody did. How many wins since....ZERO. Are you surprised by that? Nope. There you go. Second tier rider.
kpiper
6/22/2020 1:43pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
LOL! 7 hours later. Bet he was getting crap for that.
Justin got the message! Ha!
Raikzz
6/22/2020 1:47pm Edited Date/Time 6/22/2020 1:48pm
If we leave all the SLC rounds out, i would say he did great, was in my opinion 4th best rider after Tomac, Webb, Roczen, and if you can't get those three big guys to your team, who else do you have to chose? For now only Anderson and MAYBE Osborne seem the guys who can go for the title, everybody else have huge problems with either speed or consistency. Only other option for teams is to bring in some hot 250 rider, and they don't come cheap either, or gamble with somebody who comes cheap and shows flashes of speed and you hope they become the "one" like Mookie,Wilson,Bloss,Davalos, Hill etc
outerlimits
6/22/2020 1:48pm
SoCalMX70 wrote:
I honestly have no insight or opinion on how much the Yamaha design effects the top riders. I just wish they further developed their old frame...

Go back to steel. Aluminum frames suck.
Even though all the 2020 titles so far and 3 of 4 last year were won on them? Ok, sure.
6/22/2020 1:51pm
mx1313 wrote:
seth505 wrote:

mx1313 wrote:
Barcia's win this season was a surprise wasn't it? Didn't REALLY expect it did you? Nobody did. How many wins since....ZERO. Are you surprised by that...
Barcia's win this season was a surprise wasn't it? Didn't REALLY expect it did you? Nobody did. How many wins since....ZERO. Are you surprised by that? Nope. There you go. Second tier rider.
IMO Baggett is the only bigger wildcard in the field than Barcia.

Both are guys who it is not particularly outside expectation to win races. But it would also not be particularly surprising to hear they crashed out or just rode around the whole race in 13th.
Raikzz
6/22/2020 1:55pm
That's what you see in almost every other sport( DH mtb, XCO mtb and so on ) where there are 2 or 3 guys who are there every competition, and their bad days are usually top5, and there's few guys who every now and then get the win or top3 and then the week after they can be outside of top20, that's mind boggling
6/22/2020 1:58pm Edited Date/Time 6/22/2020 2:17pm
Raikzz wrote:
That's what you see in almost every other sport( DH mtb, XCO mtb and so on ) where there are 2 or 3 guys who are...
That's what you see in almost every other sport( DH mtb, XCO mtb and so on ) where there are 2 or 3 guys who are there every competition, and their bad days are usually top5, and there's few guys who every now and then get the win or top3 and then the week after they can be outside of top20, that's mind boggling
Since we are on this tangent, Baggett's line this year is definitely one of the craziest I've seen. Two of the only times he cracked the top 10 were victories, and he made every race:

Post a reply to: Doesn’t sound like Bam is keen or confident about being Blu-Cru

The Latest