Motodave15
Edited Date/Time 5/21/2012 2:04pm
?? Yes or no in your opinion.

I personally think so.
|
Sherwood
5/19/2012 9:19pm
No.

The Kawasaki didn't fit Reed that doesn't make it a bad bike. The Yamaha just didn't fit James that does not make it a turd. IMO It seems to suit bigger riders who don't ride over the front so much like a Millsaps.
BobbyM
5/19/2012 9:21pm
Motodave15 wrote:

I personally think so.
now???

wtf....
JJO741
Fantasy
3037th
5/19/2012 9:23pm
I have peronally said myself that the bike is a piece of shit for PRO riders. However, Davi Milsaps looks really good on the Yamaha. The bike didn't work for James, and that is very evident now since he just 1-1 in his first outdoor race since 2010. I think the 450 has many issues that need to be sorted out for a professional rider. Lack of R&D by Yamaha has been a factor in that. For the average joe, that 450 is just fine.
Motodave15
5/19/2012 9:26pm
BobbyM wrote:
now???

wtf....
Lol, not just now.. for me it was ever sense that backwards commercial they did lol

The Shop

Faceaz
5/19/2012 10:46pm
Yep.

Doesn't matter the least bit that the bike is fine for most 450 riders out there. People will see it as, if a guy like James (a guy with unlimited resources) couldn't make it work, how should they be able to. Yamaha's reputation for making such a durable bike will carry it through, but Yamaha is no doubt busy at work trying to figure how to re-invent the wheel with the backwards cyinder.
fader418
5/19/2012 11:00pm
James could have won on the yamaha today. IF he had confidence. He beat Dungey. He didn't beat RV, CR, or TC41...
level
5/19/2012 11:31pm
I think it looks real bad for Yamaha. I was one that stood up for Yamaha and put it all on James during SX but man he looks completely different on the Zook. I just can't believe it. He looks so much more comfortable.

He was cruising today. He could of easily pushed it more and shaved off another second or two if he really wanted to but he didn't have to. He probably pulled off the track today and was like, "Shit, that was easy". He was not riding aggressive at all. Barely scrubbing, taking his time. He was being very conservative and still dominated.
Xsenter
5/19/2012 11:36pm Edited Date/Time 5/19/2012 11:49pm
fader418 wrote:
James could have won on the yamaha today. IF he had confidence. He beat Dungey. He didn't beat RV, CR, or TC41...
Exactly ! James did actually win on the Yamaha also on some occasions ! Maybe this was one of those days where he had won on anything ?

He didn't get pressured , and when he is not under pressure James rides flawless ! Look at Daytona SX this year !

The first time we will see if this REALLY is a better Stewart is when the guys that can pressure him show up !

And to answer your question: Yes ! Ofcourse this make the Yamaha look bad . To all people who don't know a shit about bikes and handling ! The Yamaha could not be setup with James stiff forks and low rear. And James refused to change anything regarding his suspension. If you are not willing to try something different (regarding setup) , then this Yamaha isn't for you ! The Suzuki is built like a traditional bike was built back in 2008 and can handle the "Stewart setup" much better.

What it all comes down to: Stewart don't want to change his ideas or try something different , everything around him must be built for him and his stiff fork and low rear
LTR14
5/20/2012 12:32am
fader418 wrote:
Xsenter wrote:
Exactly ! James did actually win on the Yamaha also on some occasions ! Maybe this was one of those days where he had won on...
Exactly ! James did actually win on the Yamaha also on some occasions ! Maybe this was one of those days where he had won on anything ?

He didn't get pressured , and when he is not under pressure James rides flawless ! Look at Daytona SX this year !

The first time we will see if this REALLY is a better Stewart is when the guys that can pressure him show up !

And to answer your question: Yes ! Ofcourse this make the Yamaha look bad . To all people who don't know a shit about bikes and handling ! The Yamaha could not be setup with James stiff forks and low rear. And James refused to change anything regarding his suspension. If you are not willing to try something different (regarding setup) , then this Yamaha isn't for you ! The Suzuki is built like a traditional bike was built back in 2008 and can handle the "Stewart setup" much better.

What it all comes down to: Stewart don't want to change his ideas or try something different , everything around him must be built for him and his stiff fork and low rear
Didn't get pressured? Did you watch the second moto?
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
5/20/2012 1:21am
So your saying millsaps would have beaten Stewart in the first moto if millsaps was on a Suzuki, or if Stewart was on the yamaha
Motodave15
5/20/2012 1:28am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
So your saying millsaps would have beaten Stewart in the first moto if millsaps was on a Suzuki, or if Stewart was on the yamaha
Lmfao nope.
5/20/2012 3:21am
level wrote:
I think it looks real bad for Yamaha. I was one that stood up for Yamaha and put it all on James during SX but man...
I think it looks real bad for Yamaha. I was one that stood up for Yamaha and put it all on James during SX but man he looks completely different on the Zook. I just can't believe it. He looks so much more comfortable.

He was cruising today. He could of easily pushed it more and shaved off another second or two if he really wanted to but he didn't have to. He probably pulled off the track today and was like, "Shit, that was easy". He was not riding aggressive at all. Barely scrubbing, taking his time. He was being very conservative and still dominated.
Way to own up.

Very few will admit they were wrong. Props to you. Your credibility just went up 1000% as far as Im concerned.

JJO741 has it right in the 4th post of this thread. It is indeed a GREAT bike for the average guy. The bike feels light, its reliable as it gets, and has more power than you need.

It's too bad, but yeah, to answer the original question, the bike does look bad now to most idiots who cant wrap their brain around the fact that they ride a bike differently than a top pro.
partialperson
5/20/2012 4:32am
Could it really be that bad? I'm just sayin', "9 of the top 40 Pro riders in the U.S. this past weekend were on YZ 450's!". I still bleed blue, sorry.
Lightning78
5/20/2012 4:42am
BobbyM wrote:
now???

wtf....
Motodave15 wrote:
Lol, not just now.. for me it was ever sense that backwards commercial they did lol
Which is ironic because the bike and its performance actually WENT backwards......
5/20/2012 5:22am
The Yamaha isn't a bad bike. It just wasn't the bike for JS7. End of story
R-acer
5/20/2012 6:01am
Motodave15 wrote:

I personally think so.
This generation of Yamaha is now DEAD.
Look online, they went from $8500. to $5995 for a brand new one in the last couple months.
I also checked my local AD's, and I cant believe how many used YZ450F's there are for sale.....2010's & 2011's for as low as $3500. Everyone is dumping them.
5/20/2012 6:37am
Remember Stewart when he showed up for that outdoor national a couple years ago? Something wrong with his suspension? Then halfway throught the SX series (coincidentally at the same time LB left) he showed up again with ridiculously stiff suspension and spent the rest of the series on the ground. Then this year in SX where his suspension again was obviously too stiff and unyielding. Notice Milsaps bike looked good? Regardless of whether the YZ450 has handling issues Stewarts past suspension setup would ruin any bikes handling. Notice the Zook's suspension looked normal? Just hope Suzuki can keep the reins pulled in and not let Stewart screw up this bike. Good to have Stewart back!
gspointer
5/20/2012 6:48am
fader418 wrote:
Exactly! Wait till James has to race against any of the top guys, or at least someone that is capable of running their speed for a few laps.
SlowMoFo
5/20/2012 7:03am
Remember Stewart when he showed up for that outdoor national a couple years ago? Something wrong with his suspension? Then halfway throught the SX series (coincidentally...
Remember Stewart when he showed up for that outdoor national a couple years ago? Something wrong with his suspension? Then halfway throught the SX series (coincidentally at the same time LB left) he showed up again with ridiculously stiff suspension and spent the rest of the series on the ground. Then this year in SX where his suspension again was obviously too stiff and unyielding. Notice Milsaps bike looked good? Regardless of whether the YZ450 has handling issues Stewarts past suspension setup would ruin any bikes handling. Notice the Zook's suspension looked normal? Just hope Suzuki can keep the reins pulled in and not let Stewart screw up this bike. Good to have Stewart back!
So Stewart screwed the yamaha up......wow!
mcopsey
5/20/2012 7:05am
fader418 wrote:
gspointer wrote:
Exactly! Wait till James has to race against any of the top guys, or at least someone that is capable of running their speed for a...
Exactly! Wait till James has to race against any of the top guys, or at least someone that is capable of running their speed for a few laps.
So the guy that was a 1/4 gallon of gas away from being the outdoor champ last year doesn't count?
Hut
5/20/2012 7:12am
Yes looks bad.
Scott167
Fantasy
255th
5/20/2012 7:17am
Sherwood wrote:
No. The Kawasaki didn't fit Reed that doesn't make it a bad bike. The Yamaha just didn't fit James that does not make it a turd...
No.

The Kawasaki didn't fit Reed that doesn't make it a bad bike. The Yamaha just didn't fit James that does not make it a turd. IMO It seems to suit bigger riders who don't ride over the front so much like a Millsaps.
This. Millsaps looks great on it. So did the top 2 riders in Canada for the last 2 years. Not every bike fits every rider
josh8811
5/20/2012 7:25am
Motodave15 wrote:

I personally think so.
R-acer wrote:
This generation of Yamaha is now DEAD. Look online, they went from $8500. to $5995 for a brand new one in the last couple months. I...
Look online, they went from $8500. to $5995 for a brand new one in the last couple months.
I also checked my local AD's, and I cant believe how many used YZ450F's there are for sale.....2010's & 2011's for as low as $3500. Everyone is dumping them.
Although there are several really dumb post here, this one might be on top of the list... COMPLETE BS

The yamaha is not for James.. Plain and simple..
5/20/2012 7:55am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2012 7:55am
Yes, I think so. Even though it was probably just James I think it makes JGR look bad as well.
uk125250
5/20/2012 8:33am
He never was nearly as comfortable as he looked yesterday on any Yamaha, including the gen before.
chaz210
5/20/2012 9:57am
No to the public who dont follow the sport at the extreme level but for anyone who race at the local level, yes. Who's going to buy a yamaha when Stewart basically said he can't ride it and he's the best rider ever!! Not saying winningest, just best!! Nobody rides a bike like James. Yamaha lost/gonna lose some sales, Def.!!
chaz210
5/20/2012 10:27am
No to the public who dont follow the sport at the extreme level but for anyone who race at the local level, yes. Who's going to buy a yamaha when Stewart basically said he can't ride it and he's the best rider ever!! Not saying winningest, just best!! Nobody rides a bike like James. Yamaha lost/gonna lose some sales, Def.!!
5/20/2012 10:45am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2012 10:52am
Motodave15 wrote:

I personally think so.
R-acer wrote:
This generation of Yamaha is now DEAD. Look online, they went from $8500. to $5995 for a brand new one in the last couple months. I...
josh8811 wrote:
Although there are several really dumb post here, this one might be on top of the list... COMPLETE BS The yamaha is not for James.. Plain...
Although there are several really dumb post here, this one might be on top of the list... COMPLETE BS

The yamaha is not for James.. Plain and simple..
The nearest motox track to Toronto is 5 hours drive away (except for s/x)

http://www.buysell.com/a/motorcycles_atvs/new-used/Yamaha/YZ450F/all/?p…

Post a reply to: Does the Yamaha look bad now?

The Latest