Does it say anything

Related:
Create New Tag

8/4/2018 4:07 PM

That Dungey never won a monster cup. We have Stewart, Villopoto, Roczen, Tomac, Barcia, Marvin. Does it not matter at all, or does it show hes more of a season long will be there at the end type of rider vs an all out speed for 1 race type of rider. To me it shows what we already know. Hes not the fastest guy out there, on certain tracks he was but overall throughout his career there were always faster riders, but he made no mistakes, never had a bad day, and was there at the end. So this just shows that in 1 race of all out speed for a million dollars hes not your man, but for an mx or sx championship at the end of the season theres no one better.

|

8/4/2018 4:17 PM

drt410 wrote:

That Dungey never won a monster cup. We have Stewart, Villopoto, Roczen, Tomac, Barcia, Marvin. Does it not matter at all, or ...more

I'm pretty sure Dungey won every race he was meant to win. I believe he's satisfied with his bank account and the record book. He did real good.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/4/2018 4:18 PM

Didn't win the Monster Cup. WGAF. It's a sideshow.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/4/2018 4:29 PM

Monster Cup doesn’t mean a thing and that fact that its only 450s and not even the entire field races it tells you that

|

8/4/2018 4:32 PM

It proves everything- he was set-up to win series, not one-off events

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

8/4/2018 4:35 PM

I don't think it means anything but it's interesting to me that he didn't. I'd think a three moto format would be right up his alley but he had some weird stuff happen at the race when he probably should have won such as the shifting with his hand which was gnarly.

|

8/4/2018 4:36 PM

Monster Cup is a stupid and meaningless race.

|

8/4/2018 4:46 PM

Oh boy.....

|

8/4/2018 4:56 PM

Miss Libby's car....is green!

|

8/4/2018 5:01 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Damn that joker Lane anyways.

whistling

|

8/4/2018 5:12 PM

It dont really matter much imo
, But for argument sake he damn near had one
Won
And misswd the joker lane
.. and if I could choose any one pro riders Career
For my kid to have it would be Dungeys
So many awsome moments
Including Winning his 1st 250 SX
And the 450 SX championship in his Rookie season! Photo

|

8/4/2018 5:15 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

BMSOBx2 wrote:

Damn that joker Lane anyways.

whistling

Speaking of the joker lane..

People often forget that yes, RV won the million but he won it the very first year the event was held. The first time the Monster Cup was held they didn't have the joker lane. It was just a 3 moto format. It doesn't change the fact that he still won it but there's no telling what could have happen if they had thrown in that gimmick from day one.

The year after is when they decided to add the joker lane in order to minimize the chances of someone winning the Monster Million.

|

8/4/2018 5:20 PM

js451 wrote:

Miss Libby's car....is green!

* Miss Lippy's.

NOW WHERE'S MY SNACK PACK!

|

8/4/2018 5:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2018 5:28 PM

If it wasn’t for that pesky joker Lane dungey woulda been the bestest of all time!!!!!!! da diesel BOAT!

|

GP740
Since 1987

8/4/2018 5:30 PM

I dont think it shows absolutely nothing. Its all the pro riders going balls out for 1 race to win a million dollars. That means theyre giving it their all because they can make a years salary in 1 single race. Its also kind of telling whos won it, all the dudes with crazy all out speed. Marvin when he won it was randomly on a tear that off season. But I think it shows that if you have crazy all out speed that you can turn on for 1 race you can win it. Dunge was never that guy hes always been Mr Consistency that lends itself to the long haul-championships. If I had to choose Id take Dungeys skillset, but it does show by who the winners have been who the guys are with that next level speed. Just look at the names.

|

8/4/2018 5:43 PM

How many have won the “Million”?

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

8/4/2018 5:46 PM

drt410 wrote:

That Dungey never won a monster cup. We have Stewart, Villopoto, Roczen, Tomac, Barcia, Marvin. Does it not matter at all, or ...more

Perhaps dropping some acid will help you become lucid?

|

8/4/2018 5:46 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

If my memory serves me right, RV and Musquin.

|

8/4/2018 5:47 PM

It means more than the desNations to somebody....

|

8/4/2018 5:52 PM

wreckitrandy wrote:

It means more than the desNations to somebody....

Who do you “think” you’re talking about?
(The rider or his sponsors?)

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

8/4/2018 5:57 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

It dont really matter much imo
, But for argument sake he damn near had one
Won
And misswd the joker lane
.. and if I ...more

He looks comfortable.

Sprocket bolts properly torqued.

Probably went home after this shoot, ordered a pizza, had a nap, whatever.

For real though. Dungey will go down as one of the best even if he though didn't win the Monster Million. He won what mattered.

|

8/4/2018 6:25 PM

Dungey suicide shifting was gnar

|

8/4/2018 6:35 PM

Photo

Nuff said...
|

8/4/2018 6:36 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Wasn't it just marv and poto?

|

8/4/2018 6:50 PM

8 titles says you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Oh right he won all those on consistency. 3rd all time on the wins list with 46 says you don't know what the fuck you're talking about

|

8/4/2018 7:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/5/2018 3:21 PM

I think those who already buy into the whole “Dungey was Mr. Consistent but lacked world-class speed” narrative will agree with you and those who do not won’t. I certainly don’t think it’s going to change anyone’s mind on the topic but perhaps will make for interesting discussion.

P.S. The joker lane is a joke

|

8/4/2018 10:24 PM

One race format was never his forte. He was in it for the long haul.

|

8/4/2018 10:29 PM

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

Monster Cup is a stupid and meaningless race.

Yep, pure entertainment.

|

in a past life, I was myself

when opportunity knocked, it waited because I was busy

I gave my father a talking to

8/5/2018 12:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/5/2018 12:58 PM

While the "million" dollar purse isn't chump change...let's remember that it's an annuity and taxes. Marvin and Poto don't throw the checks in the trash but they ain't buying yachts and jumbo jets either. A nice little boost to the savings account every year but not worth killing themselves for.

If paid out over 25 years...that's about 28k a year after taxes.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/5/2018 12:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/5/2018 12:57 PM

doesn't say jack shit... say, do you remember who won that circus cross McGrath cup, complete with steel ramps? Just an off season shit show to get you thru to the attention deficit racing.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.