Does anyone use their GoPro anymore?

G-man
3/29/2020 6:10pm
Markee wrote:
Video editing isn't rocket science but it sure takes some decent hardware to do it. I would look into upgrading your computer. Gopro Studio is very...
Video editing isn't rocket science but it sure takes some decent hardware to do it.

I would look into upgrading your computer.

Gopro Studio is very simple and works great.
hehehe, yeah I know I just have to get over the initial hump for whatever reason can't get the right program loaded.

my computer is not that old I think I have Windows 7, rarely use it anymore since these damn phones have been around.

The desktop works fine for my needs hate to have to buy a new one just because it won't load up a current video editing program.
There has to be to be an alternative programs for older GoPros here's my original and I don't know why the user said he doesn't have sound my videos come out great, I just have never taking the time to edit them.

Thanks
G-man
3/29/2020 8:19pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2020 8:20pm
disbanded wrote:
I believe I got it at the link with no issues. Not sure why it's not working for you, but maybe like Markee said, computer issues...
I believe I got it at the link with no issues. Not sure why it's not working for you, but maybe like Markee said, computer issues? Good luck!

https://gopro-studio.en.softonic.com/download
So I clicked the link on my phone and this is what I get:
Don't think I want to download it to my phone as all my GoPro videos are on my desktop.

Have you edited videos on your phone I can imagine it's more tricky than the computer.

The link you provided, I see there's another link for older GoPros I might have to try that another day thanks

roninho
3/30/2020 2:26am
cappelmans wrote:
At some tracks we are not allowed to use them anymore in Holland. Not sure if that is from a safety or insurance standpoint. Probably safety
Actually they are not allowed on all tracks in the Netherlands (to use it on your helmet). Maybe not all tracks monitor it but it is prohibited by both KNMV and MON. It doesnt say it literally in the license agreement but the way i interpret it is if you have a cam on your helmet that basically you're insurance is not valid.
cappelmans
3/30/2020 7:53am
cappelmans wrote:
At some tracks we are not allowed to use them anymore in Holland. Not sure if that is from a safety or insurance standpoint. Probably safety
roninho wrote:
Actually they are not allowed on all tracks in the Netherlands (to use it on your helmet). Maybe not all tracks monitor it but it is...
Actually they are not allowed on all tracks in the Netherlands (to use it on your helmet). Maybe not all tracks monitor it but it is prohibited by both KNMV and MON. It doesnt say it literally in the license agreement but the way i interpret it is if you have a cam on your helmet that basically you're insurance is not valid.
Interesting I did not know that. So it has to be a safety issue if it breaks the insurance policy.

The Shop

disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
3/30/2020 8:18am
G-man wrote:
So I clicked the link on my phone and this is what I get: Don't think I want to download it to my phone as all...
So I clicked the link on my phone and this is what I get:
Don't think I want to download it to my phone as all my GoPro videos are on my desktop.

Have you edited videos on your phone I can imagine it's more tricky than the computer.

The link you provided, I see there's another link for older GoPros I might have to try that another day thanks

Definitely not using the phone to edit.
AxlBundy
3/30/2020 5:57pm
Lumafusion is the go to iOS program though virtually everyone uses iPads if possible. iMovie on my phone destroyed my video quality. Have Garmin VIRB edit on my computer that I use. Quality much better
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
3/30/2020 10:49pm
I use mine every lap of every ride. No matter how fast I think I am, the GoPro tells me the truth.
It doesn't take long to review my day's riding (I skip around a bit), and take note of what I'm doing well, and what I can do better.

I film at 1080P 30fps wide so the files aren't too huge.
mx216
3/31/2020 7:53am
I never used mine as much as I should have. But I did have one on for some pretty cool times and its neat to be able to go back a couple of years and rewatch some of the fun.

2016 industry cup race
https://youtu.be/jcShaMgflSQ

2017 Thunder valley almost endoing big time on the 125!

That moment when you almost go end over end at #thundervalleymx during the thunder storm after getting double whammied with a kicker and a wind gust!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BU2ahXAgq6L/?igshid=1o8k1fed7jg4s
crc245
3/31/2020 11:32am
mx216 wrote:
I never used mine as much as I should have. But I did have one on for some pretty cool times and its neat to be...
I never used mine as much as I should have. But I did have one on for some pretty cool times and its neat to be able to go back a couple of years and rewatch some of the fun.

2016 industry cup race
https://youtu.be/jcShaMgflSQ

2017 Thunder valley almost endoing big time on the 125!

That moment when you almost go end over end at #thundervalleymx during the thunder storm after getting double whammied with a kicker and a wind gust!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BU2ahXAgq6L/?igshid=1o8k1fed7jg4s
Funny how you remember those "oh crap" moments like that! Both of ours happen to be on small-bore CR's...

Thread topic: Yes, I still use one, just not as much as I should. Usually bring it out for the rare race or ride day where I'm motivated to check lines and improve.

Average Joe: From my videos you can trace GoPro's progression; started with a Hero2, then had (and still use, at times) the Hero4 Silver, and most recently have been using the Hero7 Black. Didn't go with the 8 due to lack of a replaceable lens, but the new ones are so much more advanced than original iterations.

Also, there are a few 2T and 4T videos on my channel if you're bored and stuck in-doors for a bit.
skypig
3/31/2020 6:00pm
AxlBundy wrote:
Lumafusion is the go to iOS program though virtually everyone uses iPads if possible. iMovie on my phone destroyed my video quality. Have Garmin VIRB edit...
Lumafusion is the go to iOS program though virtually everyone uses iPads if possible. iMovie on my phone destroyed my video quality. Have Garmin VIRB edit on my computer that I use. Quality much better
Would you rate it “Easy” to use?
It’s A$47 (Only 10 cups of Cafe coffee, I guess)

I use an iPad Pro, and mainly want to edit the clips time wise - condense my slow/boring 30 min ride into a slow/boring 30 sec “highlights” clip.
skypig
3/31/2020 6:17pm
I’m gob smacked by the stabilisation in the “7 Black” (Believe the “8”, is marginally better again.)

In Australia, we haven’t been allowed to run cameras on the helmet for years.
It seems they have banned them from the rider completely now - have used a chest mount before.

Mounting directly to an off road bike isn’t ideal.

Now I only tend to run it on my Road Race bikes - mounted on the top triple clamp, the stabilisation in “the roll” is like the old “gyro cams” on the Moto GP bikes.

https://youtu.be/0_MobZMbsK8

(They combine the Historic bikes with Supermotards on this small road race track. Interestingly, my lap times are almost identical on my Husky FS450, and my 1989 Honda NC30 - V4 400cc. Totally different style - Foot out/Knee down. Fear and lack of skill must be the limiting factor. Smile The SM rider disappearing in this video is a lot faster than me, what ever bike I’m on. Sad )
3/31/2020 7:38pm
skypig wrote:
I’m gob smacked by the stabilisation in the “7 Black” (Believe the “8”, is marginally better again.) In Australia, we haven’t been allowed to run cameras...
I’m gob smacked by the stabilisation in the “7 Black” (Believe the “8”, is marginally better again.)

In Australia, we haven’t been allowed to run cameras on the helmet for years.
It seems they have banned them from the rider completely now - have used a chest mount before.

Mounting directly to an off road bike isn’t ideal.

Now I only tend to run it on my Road Race bikes - mounted on the top triple clamp, the stabilisation in “the roll” is like the old “gyro cams” on the Moto GP bikes.

https://youtu.be/0_MobZMbsK8

(They combine the Historic bikes with Supermotards on this small road race track. Interestingly, my lap times are almost identical on my Husky FS450, and my 1989 Honda NC30 - V4 400cc. Totally different style - Foot out/Knee down. Fear and lack of skill must be the limiting factor. Smile The SM rider disappearing in this video is a lot faster than me, what ever bike I’m on. Sad )
I think you'll find the KTM teams no longer are allowed to run gopros on their helmets as well. If you watch Deegan his are now fender mounted. Might have something to do with Moreau's incident???
skypig
3/31/2020 8:59pm
I think you'll find the KTM teams no longer are allowed to run gopros on their helmets as well. If you watch Deegan his are now...
I think you'll find the KTM teams no longer are allowed to run gopros on their helmets as well. If you watch Deegan his are now fender mounted. Might have something to do with Moreau's incident???
I believe the Australian ban was based loosely on Michael Shumacher’s (F1 Champ) Snow Ski crash.
Not on any science or logic.
AxlBundy
4/1/2020 2:01am
AxlBundy wrote:
Lumafusion is the go to iOS program though virtually everyone uses iPads if possible. iMovie on my phone destroyed my video quality. Have Garmin VIRB edit...
skypig wrote:
Would you rate it “Easy” to use? It’s A$47 (Only 10 cups of Cafe coffee, I guess) I use an iPad Pro, and mainly want to...
Would you rate it “Easy” to use?
It’s A$47 (Only 10 cups of Cafe coffee, I guess)

I use an iPad Pro, and mainly want to edit the clips time wise - condense my slow/boring 30 min ride into a slow/boring 30 sec “highlights” clip.
Do some research. Plenty of YT videos, and there is a FB group.
arunkxf
4/3/2020 8:47am
I stopped using mine years ago for riding. But I got the hero 7 and use it a lot on holidays ets... saves me from taking my SLR. A screen on the back is the best thing they did

Post a reply to: Does anyone use their GoPro anymore?

The Latest