Does anyone use their GoPro anymore?

casper
3/25/2020 8:38pm Edited Date/Time 4/3/2020 8:47am
I finally fired up my GoPro after a year of it sitting in its case and made some videos. I was looking at some video cuts and I figured out of the hours and hours of GoPro video I have, I probably have watched like 15 minutes of all the video I have more than once. I feel like GoPro cameras started off in sports, and now it's mostly Vloggers and YouTubers that use them.
|
RalphS
3/25/2020 8:47pm
It's my best insurance policy
GuyWithABike
Fantasy
2204th
3/25/2020 8:49pm
I quit using mine. Too much trouble to setup and later try and edit on my slow computer.
bvm111
3/25/2020 9:04pm
GoSlow camera!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
3/25/2020 9:07pm
Still using my Hero 2. Still going strong and I watch all of my footage multiple times for better lines around the track, reliving awesome times on my bike and seeing what I can improve on.

The Shop

3/26/2020 12:35am
casper wrote:
I finally fired up my GoPro after a year of it sitting in its case and made some videos. I was looking at some video cuts...
I finally fired up my GoPro after a year of it sitting in its case and made some videos. I was looking at some video cuts and I figured out of the hours and hours of GoPro video I have, I probably have watched like 15 minutes of all the video I have more than once. I feel like GoPro cameras started off in sports, and now it's mostly Vloggers and YouTubers that use them.
What GoPro do you have? The 7 and 8 are really good and produce amazing footage
kage173
3/26/2020 4:24am
I just bought my first GoPro 3 weeks ago.

Late to the party.
Crush
3/26/2020 4:28am
Pretty keen to get a Hero 8 Black for MTB – just to remember trails as much as anything.

Is the 8 Black worth the extra dosh?
Zaugg
3/26/2020 5:30am Edited Date/Time 3/26/2020 5:31am
Crush wrote:
Pretty keen to get a Hero 8 Black for MTB – just to remember trails as much as anything.

The 7 and 8 are pretty darn good for the stabilization alone. Can't really go wrong with either. Might be better to spend the extra coin on the 8 (most recent tech) and run it for several years.

If you're running a full face for MTB, mount it on the mouthpiece. That seems to produce the best results. Otherwise chest mount or under the visor.

3/26/2020 5:31am
I use mine from time to time if I remember to charge it lol. It’s a Hero 3 white edition so it’s a bit older, 2014 maybe? I’d like to get a newer one but I’m not sure it’s worth it for how little I use it
cappelmans
3/26/2020 6:13am Edited Date/Time 3/26/2020 6:21am
At some tracks we are not allowed to use them anymore in Holland. Not sure if that is from a safety or insurance standpoint. Probably safety
Zeke27G
3/26/2020 6:42am
A buddy wanted to get some GoPro footage while chasing me around the LACR main last Saturday. A few days later he sent a few stills over, but has yet to upload the full video. I think the biggest problem with a GoPro is the time consumed getting the footage off the camera and uploaded to some sort of platform like Youtube or Vimeo.
Slaughter612s
Fantasy
189th
3/26/2020 7:03am
I have a few Cameras, the 8 is fantastic, I like the touch screen and user interface is easy. I see myself going in waves on using and editing. Like I'm sure most, its time consuming editing you're footage once you upload it to your computer. What software is everyone using?
Cheers
#RZRNick
3/26/2020 7:17am
I've been using them quite a bit for the past 2 years, trying to grow a YouTube channel for my business, and own a GoPro 5 Session (w a Gimbal), a 6, and a 7. I'll be buying an 8, the biggest problem with the 8 is the window in front of the lens (I've broke 3) can't pop off quick and easy, you have to send to GoPro for repair.

The stabilization on the 7 and 8 is outstanding. I just shot this video below with the Dango helmet mount, kind of clunky but you can easily swap on and off different helmets.

The video is edited on Adobe Premiere Pro and uploaded at 4K, and adjusted the color.

The GoPro App is really good, and its really easy to grab the best 30-60 seconds from your ride, save it to your phone, and post on social. The battery life and memory cards are really good, you can shoot a few hour - off road ride no prob. I think most wont take the time to upload all footage, edit and make a video, but I'd say the GoPro 7 at $299 is an amazing camera. Gimbals are a thing of the past, and check Jeff Walkers Youtube channel for his tips as well. Most of you probably mountain bike/ offroad/ sled etc., and a cheapie case, mic adapter and $50 Rode mic turns it into a awesome Vlog camera to take on vacations, and still fits in a camelback. I still like these over my Insta360 OneX 360 camera, as that takes more effort to get the footage out of the camera.

My 2 pesos, if you have a GP 1-5 it's worth the $$ for the stabilization and battery life to get a 7-8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx_HPSpnGTk&t=209s
3/26/2020 7:43am
Here's my "Dirt Bike" Playlist- it has stuff that's not me and stuff that's not all GoPro, but look at the dates and start from most recent (I think I have it sorted that way already).

Find stuff from Moriarty, Aztec, TSCEC.

We use GoPro Session 5's. Mine's mounted under the visor, son has a ProMount chin attachment.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLguo9vBGK3TwXgwvspn3eJPUB9wCo_k3h
holeshot413
Fantasy
1651st
3/26/2020 7:53am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Still using my Hero 2. Still going strong and I watch all of my footage multiple times for better lines around the track, reliving awesome times...
Still using my Hero 2. Still going strong and I watch all of my footage multiple times for better lines around the track, reliving awesome times on my bike and seeing what I can improve on.
that is why I still use mine also.
Now if I could remember to turn it on HAHA
zippytech
3/26/2020 8:45am
Zeke27G wrote:
A buddy wanted to get some GoPro footage while chasing me around the LACR main last Saturday. A few days later he sent a few stills...
A buddy wanted to get some GoPro footage while chasing me around the LACR main last Saturday. A few days later he sent a few stills over, but has yet to upload the full video. I think the biggest problem with a GoPro is the time consumed getting the footage off the camera and uploaded to some sort of platform like Youtube or Vimeo.
I always used the windows movie maker. Doing some simple cuts and edits should not take to long.

I have had mine go pro for at least 10 years. I do think the battery is just about done.
Kelz87
Fantasy
1574th
3/26/2020 9:03am
Lol I almost made a post about this a few months ago. I bought the GoPro 4 when it came out and have used it maybeee 10x.

My angles were always too high or low, and the videos always made the ride look less fun that in my memory. Everything looked flat and obstacles looked like nothing.

Honestly it’s one of the few purchases I’ve ever regretted.
BroFoSho
3/26/2020 10:00am
The biggest problems with GoPros... they make me look even slower than I am
3/26/2020 12:58pm
I have a few Cameras, the 8 is fantastic, I like the touch screen and user interface is easy. I see myself going in waves on...
I have a few Cameras, the 8 is fantastic, I like the touch screen and user interface is easy. I see myself going in waves on using and editing. Like I'm sure most, its time consuming editing you're footage once you upload it to your computer. What software is everyone using?
Cheers
I use Adobe Premiere Pro, once you get the hang of it and spend less time searching how to use it on google than actually editing it doesn't take that long to edit a video haha.
Editing can be kept as simple as cutting out the boring parts of the clip and a little color grading, then boom, fire that baby on to YouTube.

Ive had a GoPro Hero 4 Session for about 4 years now and have only really just started getting proper use out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeMWmYhxdHG-pdhLiMQvAyw

that's my channel if any of you want to watch 125 vids Wink
Looby321
3/26/2020 5:28pm
I wear mine on my street bike. NY is no fault, but people here drive a little....different. Granted, my POS Session hasn't worked correctly since day one so I may go back to my Hero2.
JM485
3/26/2020 7:28pm
I use mine pretty much every time I ride, here is my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/485Josh

IG is the same, @485Josh

You guys who aren't using yours are really missing out, they're the single greatest content producers ever conceived and allow you to create great pieces without the need for someone else filming. Plus, I really enjoy going back and watching old races or track days occasionally to relive some epic (relative term) moments. It's also fun to look back and see how you've progressed over the years as well.

All I do to make a quick IG edit is plug my memory card into my computer, use Windows Movie Maker (I see you laughing at me) to cut and edit the footage as necessary, upload to Google Drive, then download to my phone. It's a simple four step process that anyone can do, I'm far from a production expert but I've been able to make some fun videos over the years.

Braaaphole
3/26/2020 7:31pm
We use ours every race. After each moto we review the video and discuss the race and look for places to improve. We will sometimes use it during practice in conjunction with the litpro for the same purpose.
hyler199
3/26/2020 7:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2020 7:53pm
I have mine attached to a SoPro chin mount. I say i wear it 90% of the time im riding if I have battery. I also hook it up to the barrel of my paintball gun when im playing... get some pretty cool footage of the balls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0igS1_pq6E&t=3s
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1599th
3/26/2020 8:05pm
Gopro 8 is a game changer. Quality is insane. Just make sure to buy the foam cover for the 7/8 to block all
The wind noises. It’s a must.
crowe176
3/26/2020 8:15pm
7 with stabilization and ability to upload to phone without taking camera off helmet makes it for me. Stabilization is a game changer.
Crush
3/26/2020 8:42pm
Crush wrote:

Zaugg wrote:
The 7 and 8 are pretty darn good for the stabilization alone. Can't really go wrong with either. Might be better to spend the extra coin...
The 7 and 8 are pretty darn good for the stabilization alone. Can't really go wrong with either. Might be better to spend the extra coin on the 8 (most recent tech) and run it for several years.

If you're running a full face for MTB, mount it on the mouthpiece. That seems to produce the best results. Otherwise chest mount or under the visor.

Cheers bud. Pretty keen!

I've got a Fox Dropframe and Proframe helmet – I'm pretty keen to mount under the visor for the half-face as I hit my head all the time on shit  – trails are overgrown and i'm tall – don't think it'll last long up there. See if its ok under the visor whilst looking downhill!

Post a reply to: Does anyone use their GoPro anymore?

The Latest