Does anyone have to move up now?

thorns
Now the season is done and dusted, does anyone have to move up to 450s next year?

I know before the rule change there were quite a few looking likely to have to move, but now with the rule change, are they all safe in 250s?

|
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
5/7/2017 8:28pm
No one is forced out this year due to the rule changes. But Osborne and Hill now have 1 year left of eligibility to defend their titles. And Savatgy and Davalos have one year minimum, if they score 135 points they will be bumped out.
thorns
5/7/2017 8:38pm
No one is forced out this year due to the rule changes. But Osborne and Hill now have 1 year left of eligibility to defend their...
No one is forced out this year due to the rule changes. But Osborne and Hill now have 1 year left of eligibility to defend their titles. And Savatgy and Davalos have one year minimum, if they score 135 points they will be bumped out.
Thanks.

So confusing now with the rule changes! I need to re read it twenty more times I think.

dkg
5/7/2017 8:45pm
Ok, I am being lazy. Does anyone have at there fingertips the new rule"

The Shop

919x
5/8/2017 6:52am
dkg wrote:
It really doesn't matter. They will have a new "new" rule next year.
Crush
5/8/2017 6:55am Edited Date/Time 5/8/2017 6:55am
Hill says he's going. And I believe he's nuts for doing so.

Stay and get paid! Statistically there's a bloody good chance he'll be on a sub-factory team in like 5 years.
slipdog
5/8/2017 6:59am
dkg wrote:
If I'm not mistaken the new rule is 4 yrs of 135 points instead of 3yrs and the champ can defend the #1 plate even if he points out.
Superdave19
5/8/2017 7:46am
Crush wrote:
Hill says he's going. And I believe he's nuts for doing so. Stay and get paid! Statistically there's a bloody good chance he'll be on a...

Stay and get paid! Statistically there's a bloody good chance he'll be on a sub-factory team in like 5 years.
I can see your point, but he's a fantastic 450 rider- Really think he's got great potential, and he wants to move up..Love the confidence.
machine
5/8/2017 8:25am
Wonder if Zach makes the move and if anyone would give him a shot. I agree with Crush, it's pretty risky these days for someone like him.
Crush
5/8/2017 9:21am
Crush wrote:
Hill says he's going. And I believe he's nuts for doing so. Stay and get paid! Statistically there's a bloody good chance he'll be on a...

I can see your point, but he's a fantastic 450 rider- Really think he's got great potential, and he wants to move up..Love the confidence.
I'm sure he's great...

But when you read the list of dudes who have 250 wins and titles, indoors and out, and yet struggle comparatively in 450s... the list of those retired that had the same issue is even more case in point.

Don't get me wrong, he could do great. But statistically he probably won't and he's got a bloody good shot of one more year of guaranteed really really really good money.
Crush
5/8/2017 9:23am
Like is he clearly better than Anderson, Wilson, Bagget, Barcia, Peick, Pourcell, Davi, Brayton, Reed, Webb, Bogle, Tickle? Because that's 12 dudes who will probably give him all he can handle and the freaks will be up ahead of that.

OR make some good fucking money racing dudes who are basically scared of you.
Starcrossed
5/8/2017 9:33am
The thing with Hill is he's a much better Supercross rider than he is in MX. If he has an opportunity to transition to the 450 class on factory equipment, I would say go for it. He's not going to progress as fast as guys who are racing twice as many indoor events every year as he is. Then there's the money and health issues. It would suck for him if he got hurt next year and had to find a 450 contract at the same time. While he's healthy, and coming off a championship season, he should definitely explore what options are available to him.
rmoto003
5/8/2017 9:42am
From an inside source:

Dungey will be forced to move up next year. Its a controversial call, but the FIM doesnt want to allow one rider to stay down in the 450 class and cherry pick titles away from up-and-coming riders.

I personally think its bullshit, I mean where is Dungey supposed to go? Does he have to race Sprint Trucks now like Carmichael did? Or does he have to start all over again at pw50's?
5/8/2017 10:38am
dkg wrote:
slipdog wrote:
If I'm not mistaken the new rule is 4 yrs of 135 points instead of 3yrs and the champ can defend the #1 plate even if...
If I'm not mistaken the new rule is 4 yrs of 135 points instead of 3yrs and the champ can defend the #1 plate even if he points out.
I heard that also, but, I also heard that if a championship is won on the 4th consecutive year they have to move up

Post a reply to: Does anyone have to move up now?

The Latest