Does anybody here really know broc tickle?

BobbyM
This guy seems super cool and a great rider and getting better. Is he like I suspect he is?
|
2/18/2018 8:43am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2018 8:44am
Don't know him, but I did sit in a rental car for 45 mins with him and his girlfriend, after wrapping a photoshoot in Texas years ago, they were both friendly, witty, not idiots. I cheer for him, thats for sure.

Cool story bruh.
ledger
2/18/2018 9:06am
Always appears laid back and to be a good dude, I don't think he's getting along with the KTM very well. I remember an interview where he stated that he can't get up on the tank like he was use to.
Trickamoto
2/18/2018 9:25am
I still can’t believe KTM give this guy a shot. Zero killer instinct. I also can’t believe that the vitardeds haven’t been stepping on his throat worse.

The Shop

2/18/2018 9:31am
Trickamoto wrote:
I still can’t believe KTM give this guy a shot. Zero killer instinct. I also can’t believe that the vitardeds haven’t been stepping on his throat...
I still can’t believe KTM give this guy a shot. Zero killer instinct. I also can’t believe that the vitardeds haven’t been stepping on his throat worse.
I’ll say something positive in response to this:

He shows up
He is consistent
He is zero drama
He is a good looking dude
His wife is good eye candy

It is very expensive every time a rider gets hurt. In order to meet sponsor obligations (and get paid) teams have to field the number of riders they agreed too.

You want your “B” rider on the team to be everything Tickle is. And if he is a excellent tester, that’s a bonus.
kb228
2/18/2018 9:31am
Trickamoto wrote:
I still can’t believe KTM give this guy a shot. Zero killer instinct. I also can’t believe that the vitardeds haven’t been stepping on his throat...
Well last year he was a lot better.
Trickamoto
2/18/2018 9:38am
Trickamoto wrote:
I’ll say something positive in response to this: He shows up He is consistent He is zero drama He is a good looking dude His wife...

He shows up
He is consistent
He is zero drama

It is very expensive every time a rider gets hurt. In order to meet sponsor obligations (and get paid) teams have to field the number of riders they agreed too.

You want your “B” rider on the team to be everything Tickle is. And if he is a excellent tester, that’s a bonus.
Solid points. Especially the fifth one!
2/18/2018 9:38am
I’ll say something positive in response to this: He shows up He is consistent He is zero drama He is a good looking dude His wife...

He shows up
He is consistent
He is zero drama

You are describing another dude in the 450 ranks
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
2/18/2018 9:48am
I was sitting with several SX newbs last night. The only rider the girls asked me about was Broc....just saying.
Brent
2/18/2018 12:44pm
Trickamoto wrote:
Who's is better and available to take his spot?

He is a solid rider, kind of like Osbourne used to be before he started with Baker.
olds cool
2/18/2018 12:54pm
22nd after the first lap last night. Made it to the top ten. Bad starts most every race this season. He may have made more passes so far this season than anybody.
LungButter
2/18/2018 12:54pm
No comment.
You referring to the multiple references on Pulp MX over the years that he hasn't paid bills he owed? Stiffed a trainer if I remember right?

He also pulled a douche move on X-Brand/Matthes awhile back at a National.

I don't cheer for him.
2/18/2018 1:58pm
"His wife is good eye candy"

.........go on.........
90smoto
2/18/2018 2:29pm Edited Date/Time 2/18/2018 2:29pm
No comment.
LungButter wrote:
You referring to the multiple references on Pulp MX over the years that he hasn't paid bills he owed? Stiffed a trainer if I remember right...
You referring to the multiple references on Pulp MX over the years that he hasn't paid bills he owed? Stiffed a trainer if I remember right?

I don't cheer for him.
X2 haven’t been a fan since I heard that. I remember Pingree saying Tickle stiffed a buddy of his on some money he owed him. Not cool
2/18/2018 2:45pm Edited Date/Time 2/18/2018 2:47pm
No comment.
LungButter wrote:
You referring to the multiple references on Pulp MX over the years that he hasn't paid bills he owed? Stiffed a trainer if I remember right...

I don't cheer for him.
No.

Matthes judging someone over undeserved money? That's rich.

Ping's buddy gets allegedly stiffed? No possible bias there right Whistling
visser62
2/18/2018 2:55pm
I remember hearing from multiple industry people as far back as 2011 that he was involved in shady stuff, but I've never seen any of that from him, so I'll reserve judgment.
mxgoon
2/18/2018 3:49pm
Only thing that excites me about him is his wife.
jbrown15
2/18/2018 4:18pm
kb228 wrote:
Well last year he was a lot better.
How was he better last year? He's got 96pts after the first seven rounds this year. Last year after the first seven rounds he only had 69pts. Clearly he's riding better this season over last year
TJMX947
2/19/2018 7:04am
Saw him a lot growing up, cheered for him hard at Loretta's because he always seemed to be the top kid without factory support.

He doesn't really pay North Carolina much homage as his credentials say he's from Michigan and I've heard him say stuff to the effect but he is born and raised in North Carolina. He's got a couple of fast brothers who have qualified for the gate at Nationals.

From what I know he's a pretty cool and laid back guy, never heard the shady/money owing stuff.
agn5009
2/19/2018 7:30am
He's a top ten guy who can break top five a few times a season. What else are you guys expecting from a teams number 2 rider? He wasn't hired to win championships.
IWreckALot
2/19/2018 8:54am
I always thought his personality and delivery were bland when he was on the 250. I didn't "get it" with this guy. The more I see him the more I appreciate his style and think represents his sponsors well.
motomad724
Fantasy
1031st
2/19/2018 9:01am
I spotted him at a local (Michigan) non-moto event in the summer of 2016, so walked up and introduced myself to him. We only spoke for about 10 minutes but he was a pleasant as could be, and approachable. Broc is a good dude from my standpoint.
Spydee
2/19/2018 9:07am Edited Date/Time 2/19/2018 9:07am
Seems like a quiet but very professional dude. Oh and like others have said, Mrs Tickle is a FOX. I think she used to be a Monster Girl back in the day.
davistld01
2/19/2018 9:27am
I was kind of suprised when he got picked up by KTM too. He seems to be the least aggressive rider they've ever had, but a great guy to have your brand name show up practically each week in the top-10 no matter what...so I guess that's not a bad thing, is it?
2/19/2018 9:42am
Wow.....no wife pics into this thread.

Peelout?!....
bball35
2/19/2018 9:44am
I wish I knew his wife if you know what I mean.
kNewc
2/19/2018 10:26am
I sat by his parents at Red Bud in 2006? for his rookie season. They were very nice, very humble. They were yelling like crazy every time he went by and I was like "whoa, you guys are really big Tickle fans huh? I never heard of the guy!" and they told us their story. I don't quite remember everything we said, but they were nice and polite to us. Both his parents are hard working normal people. We were sitting in the stands at Red Bud and after a few heats the whole section was cheering for Tickle!
mxtech1
2/19/2018 10:46am Edited Date/Time 2/19/2018 10:52am
About 10 years ago I was turning wrenches. Happened to be in SoCal for pre-season. Went to a non-moto "social-gathering" with him and his wife, among others. He was very down to earth, hung with a small group the whole time and never once heard anything MX out of his mouth. Seemed very humble and intelligent.

On another instance, we were practicing at Underground MX in Texas. It was 90+ that day, dry and dusty. Whartons were there, Sarah Price, and a young AC (on a 65 or 85, can't remember.) Anyways, Broc pulls in, unloads and hits the track. Rode for a solid 40 mins. Came in for gas and water, another 40+ moto. This continued for about 3 hours straight. The guy was an animal. Rode HARD motos at race pace. I had figured he had only stopped riding collectively for about 20-30 minutes during that time. I never truly understood dedication until I witnessed that. This was when he was riding for Star and it was just him and his wife in the box van traveling between races.

On another occasion, we were with Broc and Sean Hackley after a day's practice. There was a girl there that apparently liked to collect rider jerseys as "souvenirs" (if you know what I mean.) I am still not 100% sure what happened, but eventually Hackley and the girl got to arguing about something. Hackley and Broc left a little bit later. When the girl went to leave, she came back crying. Apparently, one of the guys (I am assuming it was Hackley not Broc since he was with his now wife at the time) had took a #2 on said jersey collectors front windshield and, not knowing what it was, when she hit the windhsield wipers smeared it all over and she was out of wiper spray Smile

Anyways - I will never forget that day at Underground MX when he showed up and just pounded laps for hours on end. That will always stick with me. That was back when he was still trying to show he had the speed to be on a legitimate team. I believe he has always known what he lacks in raw speed can be made up for in consistency, training, and heart. The guy is definitely one of the better characters in our sport.

Post a reply to: Does anybody here really know broc tickle?

The Latest