slipdog
10/17/2018 4:34pm
Because Vital...

P.S. I dig Justin's gear!
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
10/17/2018 4:41pm
Looks good man , personally I'd choose Light weight and comfortable, but I usually have to think about Budget also personally, but from what I see I'm the minority on the budget part in this sport , it seems to me there used to be more people that were lower on budget, but now it seems like mostly only people with a lot of means left in Moto
10/17/2018 5:31pm
I'm a legacy fan. I really dig the all white with black stuff that ty wears a lot
tempura
10/17/2018 6:14pm
Durability, clean look and price. If durable I don’t mind paying a bit more.
I don’t buy the “top shelf” gear anymore, I’ve consistently found these new lightweight, stretch materials to have practically no durability..a small tip over usually results in a torn knee or ripped sleeve.
I go for the middle to bottom shelf stuff these days, using more traditional, hard wearing materials. Yes, they are heavier and don’t vent as well, but they last a season of racing with a few tip overs.

The Shop

logan_140
10/17/2018 6:34pm
logan_140 wrote:
I can’t be the only one that was thinking about the guy asking to clean peoples gear in the other thread..?
"GrapeApe wrote:

I look for lightweight because it's cheaper to ship to GBR for cleaning"

About the 7th post down Smile
Ahh I looked right over that lol. Knew someone would say something ?
JG2
10/17/2018 10:26pm
If you make some stylish gear for old, fat guys like me I think you will have a winner. True, majority of moto guys are young & a size 34 pant but trust me, there are an awful lot of 40+ waistlines with a lot of $ to spend.

I have a couple year-old pair of TLD GP pants in a 40 that have velcro on the sides and fit great on my admittedly 42 waist and out of shape fat ass.

Bought new TLD GP pants in cool cosmic camo colorway this year...TLD changed the sizing and i was jammed in there like one of the sausages I must be scarfing down hourly in my old age to end up a size 42. Those are now hanging in my garage as i hate tight pants - I was talking to another “husky” fellow wearing those pants at the track and was thinking I will never wear that brand new pair of pants i bought in my fucking life unless I get ebola and lose 40lbs. I think the correct term is “muffin top”.

Fasthouse makes a 42...still tight in the butt. Returned $500 in Fasthouse gear on my dime ($50). Looked like good gear though.

Sigh. Basic black TLD 42 pants it is. At least he’s got some cooler non-black jerseys to brighten things up.

Make a 40 and a 42 wiith bigger legs and velcro on the sides and I will buy 2 colorways.

Kelz87
Fantasy
1574th
10/18/2018 10:32am
OP, that gear looks good man. I like to stay around the $130ish price range, but I’ll def splurge if I see something I really like. I’ve bought 2 sets of Seven gear that were kinda pricey

I’m a go-slow, look-good kinda guy so durability isn’t as important to me Laughing I buy gear more often than I buy clothes so I don’t get much wear out of my sets, nor do I hit the ground often. But that’s just me. I’m in AZ so BREATHABILITY, fit, and style are what I look for now more than anything.
I ordered an LS2 Subverter yesterday because of all the vents and I’ve only worn my new Moto9 probably a handful of times bc it didn’t breath well imo
RandyS
10/18/2018 12:10pm
Justin, you have much better pictures than that. The red stuff on your page looks pretty pro. As someone who has been in and out of the apparel business for 35 years I'm all for new blood, especially if you're doing it in the US. Don't try to compete with the stuff made in the third world because you can't, make the best and people will come.
TJMX947
10/18/2018 12:32pm
JG2 wrote:
If you make some stylish gear for old, fat guys like me I think you will have a winner. True, majority of moto guys are young...
If you make some stylish gear for old, fat guys like me I think you will have a winner. True, majority of moto guys are young & a size 34 pant but trust me, there are an awful lot of 40+ waistlines with a lot of $ to spend.

I have a couple year-old pair of TLD GP pants in a 40 that have velcro on the sides and fit great on my admittedly 42 waist and out of shape fat ass.

Bought new TLD GP pants in cool cosmic camo colorway this year...TLD changed the sizing and i was jammed in there like one of the sausages I must be scarfing down hourly in my old age to end up a size 42. Those are now hanging in my garage as i hate tight pants - I was talking to another “husky” fellow wearing those pants at the track and was thinking I will never wear that brand new pair of pants i bought in my fucking life unless I get ebola and lose 40lbs. I think the correct term is “muffin top”.

Fasthouse makes a 42...still tight in the butt. Returned $500 in Fasthouse gear on my dime ($50). Looked like good gear though.

Sigh. Basic black TLD 42 pants it is. At least he’s got some cooler non-black jerseys to brighten things up.

Make a 40 and a 42 wiith bigger legs and velcro on the sides and I will buy 2 colorways.

Did we just become best friends or what?

I have some 2016 TLD GP pants in black (size 42) and I wear it with a starburst jersey. Made this combo all up before they started marketing the "unlock your combination." Anyhoo, I've lost about 40 lbs and I'll be getting some new gear soon...not sure what size to buy...I'll make you a good deal on the TLD I have if you want it.

To the OP in the past I have been more budget conscious than anything but I've decided I'm really going to buy some high end ear on this next go round. Comfort/Fit/Style all being of equal importance.

JD167
10/18/2018 1:14pm
looks and comfort, if it looks good and then feels good when I try it on then I'm sold haha. Durability is great too but I'm in it for the comfort.

Gotta admit when I read you were making your own gear I was expecting something hideous like most of the start up gear brands I see but this is actually pretty cool, I would buy and give it a try.
JD167
10/18/2018 1:16pm
Also, are those crotch vents on the pants? If so, great idea.
OUMX117
10/18/2018 2:11pm
Durability #1 as I know I am gonna be laying on the ground at some point and I don't want my pants torn too shreds after...
Durability #1 as I know I am gonna be laying on the ground at some point and I don't want my pants torn too shreds after one get off.

Are you looking to make/sell some gear? What ya got going on? I've been wanting a jersey that's wind proof only on the front (i know Fly makes one).
The FLY Windproof jersey is great. I bought one last year and It's awesome on sub 50* days.
10/18/2018 2:17pm
I gave you a follow on insta.
I mostly wear my Thor Primefit and Seven Zero gear. I'm looking for comfort and lightweight and I definitely like the tighter fitting stuff. I'm not that hard on gear so durability isn't an issue for me.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
975th
10/18/2018 3:18pm
Price.
Ive seen a lot of new gear companies come up in the last few years, and some of them have looked really good. But for a new company, im not spending a premium price. If i was going to pay 200+ id stick with companies that I know i like.

Post a reply to: Does and dont's of motocross gear

The Latest