Does a Mad Chad prove something tonight?

oshow
Edited Date/Time 2/23/2015 7:29pm
He knows how to win. He's been dealing with some set up mechanical issues and a wrong color flag last week.

No one , and I mean no one puts a bad race or bad whatever behind them and moves forward better than Reed.

Here is hoping he puts it on the box tonight because just the podium interview will blow the Internet up.

Yo
|
MXD
1/24/2015 5:12pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2015 5:16pm
Mad can only translate to speed when the speed is lurking under the surface. I feel like Reed is too old to go as fast as he needs to for 20 laps in order to do damage to the field. It looks like his ship has sailed.

Of course, it's possible that his problems this year have nothing to with him being on the decline. I guess we'll find out.
oshow
1/24/2015 5:22pm
MXD wrote:
Mad can only translate to speed when the speed is lurking under the surface. I feel like Reed is too old to go as fast as...
Mad can only translate to speed when the speed is lurking under the surface. I feel like Reed is too old to go as fast as he needs to for 20 laps in order to do damage to the field. It looks like his ship has sailed.

Of course, it's possible that his problems this year have nothing to with him being on the decline. I guess we'll find out.
He's not in his prime. But the Speed is there.
MXD
1/24/2015 5:26pm
MXD wrote:
Mad can only translate to speed when the speed is lurking under the surface. I feel like Reed is too old to go as fast as...

oshow wrote:
Speed is there for sure I just feel like a few years ago the speed was there for 20 laps, no questions asked. This year, that's in question in my mind. Can he be the fastest guy for a handful of laps? Sure, I believe that but it takes more than that to get on the box in this field and I don't think anger is enough to bridge that gap.
Crush
1/24/2015 5:28pm
It was there last year, only a mere 12 months ago... It's the 4th race... one bike issue, never does well at phoenix, last week was looking like an improvement... He'll be fine.

I guess Barcia and everyone else who wasn't within 3/4 second in qualifying should go home also.

The Shop

RandyS
1/24/2015 5:40pm
Any time Reed is within a second and a half in qualifying he is a threat. 53 weeks ago he chased down Stewart and Villopoto to win A2, 51 weeks ago he won A3.
1/24/2015 5:41pm
although i like chad, i just think its over (the top step). We wont see him win again, i hope im wrong but i think im right.
oshow
1/24/2015 5:41pm
MXD wrote:

oshow wrote:
MXD wrote:
Speed is there for sure I just feel like a few years ago the speed was there for 20 laps, no questions asked. This year, that's...
Speed is there for sure I just feel like a few years ago the speed was there for 20 laps, no questions asked. This year, that's in question in my mind. Can he be the fastest guy for a handful of laps? Sure, I believe that but it takes more than that to get on the box in this field and I don't think anger is enough to bridge that gap.
So you don't think he is in shape? I disagree.
oshow
1/24/2015 5:43pm
Another thought. Trey may have something to prove tonight.

And I know he can win.
Just like I know Chad can.
MXD
1/24/2015 5:44pm
oshow wrote:
MXD wrote:
Speed is there for sure I just feel like a few years ago the speed was there for 20 laps, no questions asked. This year, that's...
oshow wrote:
No, I wasn't referring to his conditioning being the factor. I was thinking his age is playing a bigger role than most think. But again, just my opinion. It wouldn't really surprise me if I was 100% wrong and he wins a round.
RandyS
1/24/2015 5:45pm
There was more comp last year than this. There are a lot of riders who could win, but I don't see half of them doing it.
1/24/2015 5:51pm
mad chad proved something to me last week! this week im "who cares about chad"
IWreckALot
1/24/2015 5:52pm
oshow wrote:
MXD wrote:
oshow wrote:
Maybe he needs a trainer. I wonder if Aldon is for hire.
honda907
1/24/2015 5:54pm
He just doesn't have that smoothness in practice today, but I think if he starts out front, he will latch onto someone and have that someone pull him through to a good finish.

When I listen to Chad on a podcast, he really thinks he has it. That is 90% of the battle. He believes he can.....
IWreckALot
1/24/2015 5:55pm
MXD wrote:
oshow wrote:
MXD wrote:
No, I wasn't referring to his conditioning being the factor. I was thinking his age is playing a bigger role than most think. But again, just...
No, I wasn't referring to his conditioning being the factor. I was thinking his age is playing a bigger role than most think. But again, just my opinion. It wouldn't really surprise me if I was 100% wrong and he wins a round.
That and his injury 12 months ago was no joke. That kind of thing will take a toll on a person's body. I like to think that Chad still has what it takes and I wouldn't be surprised if he did win but if his record happened to not improve this season, then I'd get it.

The angry riding could be a double edged sword though. Ride too angry, and take another auger, could be bad.
oshow
1/24/2015 5:57pm
MXD wrote:
oshow wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
He doesn't need one. He has a guy.
oshow
1/24/2015 5:59pm
RandyS wrote:
There was more comp last year than this. There are a lot of riders who could win, but I don't see half of them doing it.
Only ones I see wining this year are.

I do not believe you will see any others.
hillbilly
1/24/2015 6:00pm
He better do something to offset that color scheme he is wearing.. like have henry rollins pack the gate or something.
IWreckALot
1/24/2015 6:01pm
oshow wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
oshow wrote:
I was being a bit facetious. There was a thread about trainers a day or two ago.
oshow
1/24/2015 6:03pm
RandyS wrote:
oshow wrote:

My bad, I also thought Davi could too.

If he gets to feeling it......
1/24/2015 6:04pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2015 6:05pm
IWreckALot wrote:
oshow wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
I was being a bit facetious. There was a thread about trainers a day or two ago.
ha i sat and waited to see that.

some people

line

hook

sinker
Crush
1/24/2015 6:09pm
honda907 wrote:
He just doesn't have that smoothness in practice today, but I think if he starts out front, he will latch onto someone and have that someone...
He just doesn't have that smoothness in practice today, but I think if he starts out front, he will latch onto someone and have that someone pull him through to a good finish.

When I listen to Chad on a podcast, he really thinks he has it. That is 90% of the battle. He believes he can.....
He definitely looks a little notchy, but his times are good today, see if he can force a good ride to get the ball rolling a bit.
1/24/2015 6:12pm
RandyS wrote:
oshow wrote:

Anderson ?
jemcee
1/24/2015 6:15pm
hillbilly wrote:
He better do something to offset that color scheme he is wearing.. like have henry rollins pack the gate or something.
that's fucken Australian Green and Gold my friend and don't you forget it haha (that's an Australian joke)

it's Australia day today so that would be why he's running it
hillbilly
1/24/2015 6:18pm
hillbilly wrote:
jemcee wrote:
that's fucken Australian Green and Gold my friend and don't you forget it haha (that's an Australian joke) it's Australia day today so that would be...
that's fucken Australian Green and Gold my friend and don't you forget it haha (that's an Australian joke)

I thought it was black squares ,like the flag, probably over thinking this. Getting ready to take care of that thinking part. It is time to uncork the bottle. BRB.
oshow
1/24/2015 6:20pm
oshow wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
ha i sat and waited to see that.

some people

line

hook

sinker
Yeah sorry, I wasn't looking who I was replying to.... You never know around here.
oshow
1/24/2015 6:22pm
RandyS wrote:
oshow wrote:

#991 wrote:
Anderson ?
Just don't see it.

I think he can race up front. And I did not think that before the season.

I don't see him passing the others to get there or if he's leading holding them off until the end.

I may be wrong. But probably not
1/24/2015 6:22pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2015 6:23pm
hillbilly wrote:
jemcee wrote:
that's fucken Australian Green and Gold my friend and don't you forget it haha (that's an Australian joke) it's Australia day today so that would be...

Citizens day Laughing . Remember "Team Australia".

And It's actually tomorrow Isn't it ?

Post a reply to: Does a Mad Chad prove something tonight?

The Latest