Does Tyler Bowers move up to Factory Kawasaki.?

Danster
Edited Date/Time 2/22/2018 4:45pm
With Josh Grant out with a broken tibula until the outdoors
does Monster Energy Kawasaki move Bowers up.?
He's having a pretty good SX season privateering and
deserves a shot again (moved up to factory Kawi in the outdoors in 16)

|
agn5009
2/21/2018 8:53pm
I'm sorry... What was the question? I'm easily distracted.
tprice07
2/21/2018 9:23pm
agn5009 wrote:
I'm sorry... What was the question? I'm easily distracted.
There was a question? Seems pretty clear to me..
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
2/21/2018 9:26pm
He should. He's guaranteed to be a main event guy and may get top 10s.

Him or put AC on the 450 since he's practically out of title range.
mb60
2/21/2018 9:40pm
AC out of the title race 17 points down ? Dang I hope he does not give up easily. But Matthes said most likely Bowers on a factory bike. He also said Yamaha would likely field Barcias ride as well. But the only guy I could think of would be LaMay.

The Shop

KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
2/21/2018 11:22pm
mb60 wrote:
AC out of the title race 17 points down ? Dang I hope he does not give up easily. But Matthes said most likely Bowers on...
AC out of the title race 17 points down ? Dang I hope he does not give up easily. But Matthes said most likely Bowers on a factory bike. He also said Yamaha would likely field Barcias ride as well. But the only guy I could think of would be LaMay.
You're right. I was thinking it was over 25. Which it was leaving Oakland, but he made up 8 points on Plessinger in San Diego. AC is mathematically in it. Even last year in Vegas he had a chance. But between him and Savatgy (PC West guys), Savatgy is in a more favorable position for the 250 West title.

So stick Bowers on it to fill the void. If Kawasaki wants to see how their future looks on 450 stick one of the PC guys on it for the 4 East rounds before the shootout.

As for Yamaha, put A Ray or Chisholm on it. They are making mains. The rider that would give them the best results would be Plessinger, but he's the points leader and they won't risk it. As for the other Star guys, Oldenburg is hurt, Justin Cooper is hurt. Maybe Melross or Taft. Or maybe they can draft a RaceTrack Supercross shootout to see who gets the ride. Woohoo
jbrown15
2/21/2018 11:33pm
You're right. I was thinking it was over 25. Which it was leaving Oakland, but he made up 8 points on Plessinger in San Diego. AC...
You're right. I was thinking it was over 25. Which it was leaving Oakland, but he made up 8 points on Plessinger in San Diego. AC is mathematically in it. Even last year in Vegas he had a chance. But between him and Savatgy (PC West guys), Savatgy is in a more favorable position for the 250 West title.

So stick Bowers on it to fill the void. If Kawasaki wants to see how their future looks on 450 stick one of the PC guys on it for the 4 East rounds before the shootout.

As for Yamaha, put A Ray or Chisholm on it. They are making mains. The rider that would give them the best results would be Plessinger, but he's the points leader and they won't risk it. As for the other Star guys, Oldenburg is hurt, Justin Cooper is hurt. Maybe Melross or Taft. Or maybe they can draft a RaceTrack Supercross shootout to see who gets the ride. Woohoo
No chance of Aray riding the Yammy, he broke his wrist and is done for the season!
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
2/21/2018 11:55pm
jbrown15 wrote:
No chance of Aray riding the Yammy, he broke his wrist and is done for the season!
Damn it. His progress this year was impressive.
Kyle_McNab
2/22/2018 4:30am
Probaly kc11 on yamaha he has been riding well in bloth class s
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
2/22/2018 9:06am
the question is does yamaha see fit to stick a possible back runner on their factory bike? not saying chiz is slow but yamaha paid for top 5 top 10 guys. Just because they have an open bike(again) doesnt mean theyre going to fill it
BobKerr
2/22/2018 9:43am
Bowers seems like the best choice
Adam43
2/22/2018 9:47am
Bowers has been riding well

Loves Kawis

Has been on the team before

SX only

No brainer.
Mia
2/22/2018 9:54am
Kawi just announced it.
2/22/2018 10:26am
the question is does yamaha see fit to stick a possible back runner on their factory bike? not saying chiz is slow but yamaha paid for...
the question is does yamaha see fit to stick a possible back runner on their factory bike? not saying chiz is slow but yamaha paid for top 5 top 10 guys. Just because they have an open bike(again) doesnt mean theyre going to fill it
Sponsors pay to have a certain number of bikes on the track. Chiz can make mains so why not?
2/22/2018 10:33am
the question is does yamaha see fit to stick a possible back runner on their factory bike? not saying chiz is slow but yamaha paid for...
Sponsors pay to have a certain number of bikes on the track. Chiz can make mains so why not?
Apparently Yamaha’s sponsors don’t pay sooooo Whistling
2/22/2018 11:10am
mb60 wrote:
AC out of the title race 17 points down ? Dang I hope he does not give up easily. But Matthes said most likely Bowers on...
Who cares if he is in or out of the regional title race? If our sport does indeed have a premiere class, the goal should be to compete at that level. As I said in an earlier thread, nobody passes up a shot at the Majors because they are in AAA title contention.
BobKerr
2/22/2018 11:11am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2018 11:11am
He was leading a heat race with cracked ribs ferchrisakes
And a broken finger!

Glad to see the above news posted! Go Bowers!
ricko
2/22/2018 11:28am
Well deserved!
2/22/2018 11:31am
I'm sure this may be on a case-by-case basis, but do fill in guys ever get any kind of monetary compensation from factory teams? Or is it basically "Be glad we're letting you ride a factory bike." and just collect whatever purse money they make? I'm sure the team probably foots the bill to get the rider to the race. Maybe some kind of performance based incentive? Me personally, I'd be more than happy to just have a chance to ride a factory steed, money or not.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
2/22/2018 11:34am
Danster wrote:
With Josh Grant out with a broken tibula until the outdoors does Monster Energy Kawasaki move Bowers up.? He's having a pretty good SX season privateering...

Now why do you have to go a post a picture of Brady? I’ve lost all memory of your original question... thanks btw!
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
2/22/2018 11:53am
I'm sure this may be on a case-by-case basis, but do fill in guys ever get any kind of monetary compensation from factory teams? Or is...
I'm sure this may be on a case-by-case basis, but do fill in guys ever get any kind of monetary compensation from factory teams? Or is it basically "Be glad we're letting you ride a factory bike." and just collect whatever purse money they make? I'm sure the team probably foots the bill to get the rider to the race. Maybe some kind of performance based incentive? Me personally, I'd be more than happy to just have a chance to ride a factory steed, money or not.
Depends on what team and the duration of the ride (a week/a couple weeks/all season?). In some situations the riders are paid a per race price and their travel is covered. However it’s no where close to the amount that the injured team rider was being paid per race before getting hurt. Say a 450 factory rider has a season long base salary of $400K(=$13,333 per race 17SX,12MX,MEC). A fill in would be lucky to get $2.5k a race.

A lot of times they will have a bonus structure for results. For the most part there aren’t too many guys that can compete for top 10 results that are at home without a ride. So the factory teams are normally not too inclined to pay top dollar for outside the top 10 results.
philG
2/22/2018 12:50pm
Bowers missed his chance early in his career, its nice he gets a shot now. He wont set the world on fire , but he will do ok , Be nice if HRC did the same for Kenny's bike, maybe bump Brayton up and let Lamay in at MCR .

mb60
2/22/2018 12:53pm
So say $ 2500.00 per race and they loose any chance of make contingency money from the mfg ? I guess with all expenses paid it comes out nice but seems they would make a bit more money. I guess it's just the nature of the sport.
2/22/2018 1:06pm
philG wrote:
Bowers missed his chance early in his career, its nice he gets a shot now. He wont set the world on fire , but he will...
Bowers missed his chance early in his career, its nice he gets a shot now. He wont set the world on fire , but he will do ok , Be nice if HRC did the same for Kenny's bike, maybe bump Brayton up and let Lamay in at MCR .

I mean, he was on the Monster PC squad in 2016 and filled in on the big bike for outdoors, not like this is the first time he gets a shot.
Oldstyle
Fantasy
484th
2/22/2018 2:41pm
philG wrote:
Bowers missed his chance early in his career, its nice he gets a shot now. He wont set the world on fire , but he will...

Have I missed it or was there rumor of HRC filling his spot?
Question
2/22/2018 2:55pm
Danster wrote:
With Josh Grant out with a broken tibula until the outdoors does Monster Energy Kawasaki move Bowers up.? He's having a pretty good SX season privateering...

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Now why do you have to go a post a picture of Brady? I’ve lost all memory of your original question... thanks btw!
I am sure this pic into the application has put a lot of weight into the decision.

Just kidding, Bowers is in my vitalmx fantasy league so I am twice more glad he is killing it this year.

I hope Grant's season will not be to shorten too as I think it is a contract year and so far he really fully fillled in the role of the number 2 at Kawi. I wish him a speedy recovery.
Mia
2/22/2018 4:34pm
My guess Tyler will ride his chassis and suspension with a factory motor
Kyle_McNab
2/22/2018 4:45pm
Yeah forsure i really dont know if yamaha really needs another bike out there anyway.

Post a reply to: Does Tyler Bowers move up to Factory Kawasaki.?

The Latest