Does Tomac line up at the 2019 MXdN in Assen?

St Ann More
10/5/2018 8:27am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2019 3:19pm
Poll

Does Tomac line up at the 2019 MXdN in Assen?

Choices
|
jgmxdad251
10/5/2018 8:32am
Hopefully.........Do you think that track is good enough for a MXDN race? Doesn’t seem like it.

The Shop

aeffertz
10/5/2018 8:39am
Will have to see how his year plays out.
early
Fantasy
2050th
10/5/2018 8:45am
Way less pressure to win next year vs this year.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3776th
10/5/2018 9:07am
I doubt it, but it depends on what day the Monster Cup is, and if there's a USGP.

If there's a USGP and less than 3 weeks time before MEC, I say no.
If there's no USGP and roughly 3-4 weeks prep time for MEC, I say yes.

Tomac was pretty damn good at Kegums (diff style of track I know), but Tomac can definitely hold it wide open in the sand. I'd imagine a pretty solid team for next year (in deep sand) could be Tomac MXGP, Covington MX2, and Osborne Open. I want to say that team can challenge for a win, despite the deep sand.
731chopper
Fantasy
418th
10/5/2018 9:11am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2018 9:12am
I don't think he'll be there because I think he'll win the SX championship, three-peat outdoors and want to take a deserved vacation.

If he does go I think some people are going to have their eyes opened at how well he can ride sand despite the "Americans can't ride sand" stigma.
colvin227
10/5/2018 9:19am
NO, I'm sure we will have a hard time getting riders to go again even though there is a good chance well be # 1,2,3. No matter what team we send well get smashed in the deep sand of Assen
10/5/2018 9:57am
If team USA wins this year,yes.
c0ncEpT
10/5/2018 10:03am
I voted yes but I think that it really depends on the timing of MXDN and MEC.

Its hard to pass up training for a possible $1,000,000 pay day to ride a race that doesn't pay a dime. These guys have short careers and want to maximize earnings.
GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
10/5/2018 10:04am
I'd go just to be able to say I kicked some Ass'n Assen.

Well, if I was fast enough, that is. Wink
Park Boys
Fantasy
44th
10/5/2018 10:05am
I doubt it, but it depends on what day the Monster Cup is, and if there's a USGP. If there's a USGP and less than 3...
I doubt it, but it depends on what day the Monster Cup is, and if there's a USGP.

Tomac was pretty damn good at Kegums (diff style of track I know), but Tomac can definitely hold it wide open in the sand. I'd imagine a pretty solid team for next year (in deep sand) could be Tomac MXGP, Covington MX2, and Osborne Open. I want to say that team can challenge for a win, despite the deep sand.
Outside of Tomac that team is no where near the best USA could send.
colvin227
10/5/2018 10:15am
I doubt it, but it depends on what day the Monster Cup is, and if there's a USGP. If there's a USGP and less than 3...

Park Boys wrote:
yeah I agree, Ideally you would have Tomac/Barcia and 250 MX champ again. Tomac and Barcia are arguably the best sand riders in America so you would have to pick them first plus they may be the defending champs if all goes well this weekend.
psg119
10/5/2018 10:15am
This is obviously going to turn into a "Tomac is scared to race Herlings out of the states" thread so I think the real question should be...

Does Herlings come race full time here in the states like he's said his whole career?

[ ] Yes
[X] NO WAY

In all seriousness, I hope Tomac goes to every race he can because that guy is just incredible to watch, but I don't think he owes it to anyone to do so. It's his life, his career. And I do hope Herlings and he end up racing full time here eventually because I think they'd be awesome to watch together and I think Herlings could eventually be a contender in SX as well. Slim chance Tomac will ever go race MXGP, so I think JH coming here would be our only chance. Plus it'd be cool to have an actual rivalry like Tomac and Marv instead of the "Tomac would smoke him here, Herlings would smoke him there" hypothetical BS. I don't think you can actually compare riders until they have raced a full championship together when the pressure is actually on. Not just one race a year. For now all we can say is they are both amazing where they are at.
ky_savage
Fantasy
620th
10/5/2018 10:20am
How about we get him through the MXdN for 2018 first.
10/5/2018 10:52am
psg119 wrote:
This is obviously going to turn into a "Tomac is scared to race Herlings out of the states" thread so I think the real question should...
This is obviously going to turn into a "Tomac is scared to race Herlings out of the states" thread so I think the real question should be...

Does Herlings come race full time here in the states like he's said his whole career?

[ ] Yes
[X] NO WAY

In all seriousness, I hope Tomac goes to every race he can because that guy is just incredible to watch, but I don't think he owes it to anyone to do so. It's his life, his career. And I do hope Herlings and he end up racing full time here eventually because I think they'd be awesome to watch together and I think Herlings could eventually be a contender in SX as well. Slim chance Tomac will ever go race MXGP, so I think JH coming here would be our only chance. Plus it'd be cool to have an actual rivalry like Tomac and Marv instead of the "Tomac would smoke him here, Herlings would smoke him there" hypothetical BS. I don't think you can actually compare riders until they have raced a full championship together when the pressure is actually on. Not just one race a year. For now all we can say is they are both amazing where they are at.
"but I don't think he owes it to anyone to do so. It's his life, his career."

" I don't think you can actually compare riders until they have raced a full championship together when the pressure is actually on"

I agree with you on both counts, but on the first point, Herlings doesn't owe it to anyone (you) to move to America.

BUT, Herlings has done something Tomac hasn't. And that is pitch up on the opposite side of the pond and win. Even though it was just one weekend. Until Tomac replicates that, can they be considered equal??
psg119
10/5/2018 11:34am
"but I don't think he owes it to anyone to do so. It's his life, his career." " I don't think you can actually compare riders...

" I don't think you can actually compare riders until they have raced a full championship together when the pressure is actually on"

I agree with you on both counts, but on the first point, Herlings doesn't owe it to anyone (you) to move to America.

BUT, Herlings has done something Tomac hasn't. And that is pitch up on the opposite side of the pond and win. Even though it was just one weekend. Until Tomac replicates that, can they be considered equal??
I would not consider the Ironman win making him equal or better than Eli. They had a great battle going on (which is what I said I would love to see more of) before Eli threw it away. Moto 2 ET had to finish to win the championship so him not risking a battle for the lead and throwing it away is smart on his part in my opinion. I feel JH would do the same, don't you? The situation was hardly suitable for anyone to determine who was better at anything. At the end of the day JH walked away with a trophy and ET walked away with a #1 plate so I'd say they both had great days that day.

And you're correct... Herling's doesn't owe it to anyone (me). Never said he did. I said "I HOPE" he does. Like I said, I think that'd be awesome to see as I think anyone would.

And I don't think they are equal at all. What I said is they are both amazing where they are at. Gettin them W's every weekend! You can't say who is better definitely with where we are at now. Even if Tomac Ws this weekend or Herlings. At their levels of speed I think only the pressure of racing each other would show us at the end of a couple seasons who is superior. And I would love to see that. If you love racing I'm sure you would too. But on the flip side, until JH comes and wins some SX, can they be considered equal?
BR8ES
10/5/2018 12:59pm
psg119 wrote:
This is obviously going to turn into a "Tomac is scared to race Herlings out of the states" thread so I think the real question should...

[ ] Yes
[X] NO WAY

"but I don't think he owes it to anyone to do so. It's his life, his career." " I don't think you can actually compare riders...

The can be considered equal when Jeff rides supercross.
Rocket-Z
10/5/2018 1:04pm
psg119 wrote:

[ ] Yes
[X] NO WAY

BR8ES wrote:
Supercross is a different thing, as tomac may be the fastest supercross rider, Jeffrey is the fastest outdoor rider. As someone else can be the fastest "enduro" rider.
BR8ES
10/5/2018 1:05pm

BR8ES wrote:
Rocket-Z wrote:
Supercross is a different thing, as tomac may be the fastest supercross rider, Jeffrey is the fastest outdoor rider. As someone else can be the fastest...
Supercross is a different thing, as tomac may be the fastest supercross rider, Jeffrey is the fastest outdoor rider. As someone else can be the fastest "enduro" rider.
Don't throw the word equal out there then.
Prntscrn
10/5/2018 1:08pm Edited Date/Time 10/5/2018 1:08pm

Park Boys wrote:
In the deep sand I think it might be. Not sure about Osborne can't remember how he did in the sand + remains to be seen how he will do on a 450
jeffro503
10/5/2018 1:15pm
I'd like to see him go. I mean who wouldn't? A lot of time between now and then , but I think a lot of it depends on his schedule. Contract obligation's may be part of it too , but I think it would be mainly up too him. We'll have to wait and see.

I do wish this race was held on a more neutral ground though , like dirt. I think our guy's will do fine , but it's a surface they don't practice or race on here in the state's. Why practice in sand , when nothing you race on has it , except Southwick. And even then......that track doesn't compare at all to tracks like Lommel and Assen.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
769th
10/5/2018 1:24pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I'd like to see him go. I mean who wouldn't? A lot of time between now and then , but I think a lot of it...
I'd like to see him go. I mean who wouldn't? A lot of time between now and then , but I think a lot of it depends on his schedule. Contract obligation's may be part of it too , but I think it would be mainly up too him. We'll have to wait and see.

I do wish this race was held on a more neutral ground though , like dirt. I think our guy's will do fine , but it's a surface they don't practice or race on here in the state's. Why practice in sand , when nothing you race on has it , except Southwick. And even then......that track doesn't compare at all to tracks like Lommel and Assen.
Agreed.

I remember a few guys talking about Southwick and how it has a hard base now. Not nearly what it used to be. We get screwed in the sand department here in the states. It's a soil I wish i could ride in, but don't have anywhere nearby with sand really.
a22
10/5/2018 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 10/5/2018 1:26pm
As Jeffro's post above says, about being on 'more neutral ground', like dirt of some sort- I agree.

In someways it is a pity it is on sand, when the US guys and maybe other teams do not use it. Sort of is an unfair advantage in someways really and maybe isn't a 'level playing field' really- as we would all like for a fair scrap/ brawl for the MXON.
I know its an International event but sand stuff may suit the Euro's obviously more and give them advantage, which I do not really think is good for the event and fairness.
uk125250
10/5/2018 1:26pm
If he gets worked over this weekend, I don’t think so.
BR8ES
10/5/2018 1:28pm Edited Date/Time 10/5/2018 1:28pm
HERLINGS has no competition in the sand, guy is a beast. Jeff is quite possibly(probably) the fastest there is right now outdoors. I don't think Tomac really GAF however and these one off events will have to suffice. Sadly, there are 2 different missions going into Sunday and a showdown is unlikely. I bet Jeff is going to check the hell out.

Post a reply to: Does Tomac line up at the 2019 MXdN in Assen?

The Latest