Does Roczen keep trying, or rest to get over it,

Related:
Create New Tag

6/29/2019 6:35 PM

does he keep trying, as 3 races in a row he has just faded bad, which is not normal for him?

hes lost 2nd in the points, and osbourne is only 2 points back now as well,

|

6/29/2019 6:37 PM

Unusual race for Kenny. Hope he can rebound next week.

|

6/29/2019 6:38 PM

He had the fastest lap of moto 2. Doesn’t make sense.

Chill all week no training or riding, just get through RedBud and then rest until Millville. Win Washougal. And be back in the mix.

|

6/29/2019 6:45 PM

Has to keep going unless he’s risking CF or something similar. He hasn’t raced enough to sit out just because it’s hard

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6/29/2019 6:52 PM

KirkChandler wrote:

Chill all week no training or riding, just get through RedBud and then rest until Millville. Win Washougal. And be back in the mix.

I agree, its got to be something physical, as he puts the work in, and is a previous 450 mx champ

|

6/29/2019 6:52 PM

Could only imagine the conversations in the Honda rig the last couple of weeks. And now team Aldon is a force. No doubt they can go fast the entire race. Podiums just got super hard to come by.
Hope he gets it together.

|

6/29/2019 6:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2019 6:55 PM

KirkChandler wrote:

scott_nz wrote:

I agree, its got to be something physical, as he puts the work in, and is a previous 450 mx champ

It is the same thing that happened with Sexton. They both wore themselves out bigtime at WW Ranch and are still recovering.

Pretty simple. And it even appears Tomac got worn out based on his comments post second moto.

|

6/29/2019 7:00 PM

I love me some Hondas, but I think it's the bike on these sand tracks. It looks like it took a lot of effort to ride it, where the KTMs and Huskys were sort of floating along. I know it's lighter than stock, but I don't think they could get it to KTM weight.

I guess we'll know for sure at the next round.

|

6/29/2019 7:09 PM

kpiper wrote:

It is the same thing that happened with Sexton. They both wore themselves out bigtime at WW Ranch and are still recovering.

Pretty simple. And it even appears Tomac got worn out based on his comments post second moto.

Seems like quite a few guys were still feeling the effects of the heat last week. Maybe if WW is on the schedule next year they can make sure they have a week off after it to help guys recover a bit. Interested to see how Red Bud goes, it could be even worse for some guys.

|

6/29/2019 7:14 PM

Has to be arm pump. he blows his wad the first couple laps trying to pass everyone the first couple laps.

|

6/29/2019 7:40 PM

He's still in this title fight. Theoretically if something happens to Tomac next week and Ken decides to "sit it out" to rest, he's going to be kicking himself (Yeah Marv is there, but you know what I mean).

|

6/29/2019 7:47 PM

Needs to move to Colorado.

|

6/29/2019 7:55 PM

|

6/29/2019 8:01 PM

scott_nz wrote:

does he keep trying, as 3 races in a row he has just faded bad, which is not normal for him?

hes lost 2nd in the points, and osbourne is only 2 points back now as well,

Get over what? He has contracts to race the US Nationals.

|

6/29/2019 8:03 PM

If I had to guess I'd say he was close to a heat stroke last week second moto and felt the aftermath of that today.
Could be something completely different but I don't believe in armpump. Why would that suddenly be an issue at round 6?

|

6/29/2019 8:04 PM

Thinking the same thing but you beat me to it.

|

6/29/2019 8:12 PM

Why doesn't somebody just ask him

|

in a past life, I was myself

when opportunity knocked, it waited because I was busy

I gave my father a talking to

6/29/2019 8:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2019 9:52 PM

It was arm pump. We all know when you get arm pump you can barely hold on.

We all know when you get arm pump bad you can’t hold on and you get back to your truck and your arms are swollen and hurting and takes a while to to back to normal. Arm pump is just brutal.

I don’t know how any of these guys can go as fast as they do for that long and not get any arm pump at all. I guess you ride enough it goes away because everyone gets it when you are off the bike for a while.

It is a little concerning he got arm pump like he did though so quickly. Definitely not Normal for Ken.

|

6/29/2019 9:09 PM

I believe it’s due to last week. He just didn’t show much energy throughout the day

|

6/29/2019 9:13 PM

I was wondering if he would still be racing if Seely was out there getting too tens. I bet Honda is regretting not grabbing Noren.

Stoked to see John Short as the top Honda rider in the second moto.

|

6/29/2019 9:15 PM

Needs more Mac n Cheese ?

|

A big Thank you to FLY racing. OMA KTM. 100%. DT-1 Motorex and Bell helmets . Racing for you JG96

6/29/2019 9:16 PM

Maybe he is still feeling the effects of the lime somehow? I’m joking but not joking, I don’t know...

|

6/29/2019 9:53 PM

He needs another slice of Pizza and a Coors light.

|

6/29/2019 11:50 PM

Oh my fucking gosh he's third in the points, still early in the series, yep it's time to pull the plug.
Come on, get a grip for crying out loud. Everything will be fine.
Roczen is going to win. Relax.

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

6/30/2019 1:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2019 2:03 AM

He was so fast first 5-10mins! Faster than anyone on track, passing marv, webb,tomac and osbourne. Then he just hit a wall, it was very obvious in his riding. And he just DROPPED. Whether its armpump or heatproblems from last week. Its not good.

|

6/30/2019 4:07 AM

Sideways wrote:

He was so fast first 5-10mins! Faster than anyone on track, passing marv, webb,tomac and osbourne. Then he just hit a wall, it was very obvious in his riding. And he just DROPPED. Whether its armpump or heatproblems from last week. Its not good.

He has the speed to win this championship but his lack of fitness at the moment will cost him the title.Damn.sad

|

6/30/2019 4:19 AM

Had to be bad arm pump more than anything, I know I suffer bad with it. I think they said he got it in his right arm on broadcast first moto. I found it amazing how it didn't even look like him riding the bike when he went backwards. Watch the race again and look at his style, I was blown away how it looked nothing like him riding the bike, style wise once he started going backwards. Looked very stiff, elbows down. Looked like me lol.

|

6/30/2019 5:10 AM

Sideways wrote:

Maybe the others knew you couldn't sustain that pace for 30 minutes so why waste yourself to just fade back?

|

6/30/2019 5:30 AM

This might be the last year we see Kenny race Motocross. I just don't see his arms, especially the one from the 1st crash ever getting back to 100%. I shattered my ankle 2.5 years ago and even though I'm not a physical specimen like him there's still only so much something like that could heal.

He could still pull off a championship but I think outdoor motos are just way too long and physically demanding. Hope I'm wrong being a Roczen fan but and all but still have to be realistic and the proof is in the pudding.

|

6/30/2019 7:28 AM

Is it possible that he's having undisclosed difficulties related to the baby arm?

|