Does Jason trade up

RexEasely
5/25/2019 4:05pm
Wow...Jason is a great announcer but would he trade up his nationals gig to go SX only? He can't do both because the series compete with each other. I say go for The SX gig since the SX schedule will get longer in 2021.
|
08r1dilla
5/25/2019 4:09pm
This would most definitely be trading down
8tensolutions
5/25/2019 6:39pm Edited Date/Time 5/25/2019 7:13pm
Why can't he do both? The series do not compete against each other, Feld just acts like babies and doesn't want to discuss outdoors. Weege and GL are SO MUCH better than Ralph/RC. Simple as that.
cbuehler767
5/25/2019 7:09pm
Why can't he do both? The series do not compete against each other, Feld just acts like babies and doesn't want to discuss outdoors. Weege and...
Why can't he do both? The series do not compete against each other, Feld just acts like babies and doesn't want to discuss outdoors. Weege and GL are SO MUCH better than Ralph/RC. Simple as that.
SO much better. I was a big Fro guy and was really disappointed when Grant starting doing mx. Grant kills it though don't miss Fro at all
midwestmoto
5/25/2019 8:43pm
I don't see why he couldn't do both considering Will Christien does both. Having said that, I don't mind Ralph and Ricky. I didn't see a problem with Jeff either. I understand where some of the complaints are coming from though. Guess it just doesn't bother me as much.

"Will Christien joins NBC Sports’ Supercross coverage following her work as a reporter in the 2018 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, which also aired across NBC Sports. Christien has also been a reporter for Red Bull Straight Rhythm and Global Rallycross coverage."

https://racerxonline.com/2019/01/03/2019-monster-energy-supercross-broa…

The Shop

midwestmoto
5/25/2019 8:51pm
RexEasely wrote:
Wow...Jason is a great announcer but would he trade up his nationals gig to go SX only? He can't do both because the series compete with...
Wow...Jason is a great announcer but would he trade up his nationals gig to go SX only? He can't do both because the series compete with each other. I say go for The SX gig since the SX schedule will get longer in 2021.
I can't imagine the series' compete against each other. Our sport is small enough and we are always talking about bringing in new fans/viewers. If anything, each discipline would benefit by advertising for each other and hyping up past rivalries, battles, races, etc. regardless of which series it was in.

I do notice however that during the Supercross broadcasts, I rarely hear them talk about the outdoor series whlie the Motocross broadcasts bring up Supercross fairly frequently.

RexEasely
5/25/2019 9:16pm
RexEasely wrote:
Wow...Jason is a great announcer but would he trade up his nationals gig to go SX only? He can't do both because the series compete with...
I can't imagine the series' compete against each other. Our sport is small enough and we are always talking about bringing in new fans/viewers. If anything...
I can't imagine the series' compete against each other. Our sport is small enough and we are always talking about bringing in new fans/viewers. If anything, each discipline would benefit by advertising for each other and hyping up past rivalries, battles, races, etc. regardless of which series it was in.

I do notice however that during the Supercross broadcasts, I rarely hear them talk about the outdoor series whlie the Motocross broadcasts bring up Supercross fairly frequently.

its a fierce battle behind closed doors.
midwestmoto
5/25/2019 9:23pm
RexEasely wrote:
I can't imagine the series' compete against each other. Our sport is small enough and we are always talking about bringing in new fans/viewers. If anything...

RexEasely wrote:
its a fierce battle behind closed doors.
Really? I can see where each series would obviously want to out perform each other but didn't think there was that much drama behind closed doors.

Like I said, I have noticed that Supercross broadcasts rarely bring up any stories that involve the nationals. I have even felt that they avoid the subject so much that it does seem like they are told to talk only about Supercross and nothing else. At the same time, in the MX broadcasts, Jason doesn't hesitate to bring up the Supercross series so I wonder who's telling who what they can or can't say or if that's even the case.

Interesting topic though
soggy
Fantasy
3783rd
5/25/2019 9:32pm

yep dont think i've ever heard them mention Nationals during SX. Wouldn't be surprised if they are instructed not too
RexEasely
5/25/2019 10:13pm
Hahaha...high tale it out of moto is my opinion.
kb228
5/25/2019 10:17pm

soggy wrote:
yep dont think i've ever heard them mention Nationals during SX. Wouldn't be surprised if they are instructed not too
They mentioned the “summer series” a couple times.

For real, both are on NBC sports now, lets get the same commentators on each series.

Post a reply to: Does Jason trade up

The Latest