Does Husqvarna make their own bikes now?

gnarwhip
...or are they still white KTMs? I remember reading a while ago they were going to get away from KTM, probably old news but I don't know.
|
MJC
5/19/2017 12:00am
and a simple google search couldn't have answered your question???
For the record, at the moment it appears that it is still much the same as when the Husaberg merger happened, still very much based on a ktm.
Tonynz
5/19/2017 12:23am
Why change a winning combo.
Jrewing
5/19/2017 12:26am
Tonynz wrote:
Great idea. Let's do purple kawasakis

The Shop

BobPA
5/19/2017 3:37am
Tonynz wrote:
Jrewing wrote:
Great idea. Let's do purple kawasakis
They tried that years ago, they were hideous
71Fish
5/19/2017 4:17am Edited Date/Time 5/19/2017 5:11am
MJC wrote:
and a simple google search couldn't have answered your question??? For the record, at the moment it appears that it is still much the same as...
and a simple google search couldn't have answered your question???
For the record, at the moment it appears that it is still much the same as when the Husaberg merger happened, still very much based on a ktm.
Forget aboot it.
brimx153
5/19/2017 6:15am
Tonynz wrote:
Combo is the worng word , they are a KTM ,
bultokid
5/19/2017 6:57am
gnarwhip wrote:
...or are they still white KTMs? I remember reading a while ago they were going to get away from KTM, probably old news but I don't...
...or are they still white KTMs? I remember reading a while ago they were going to get away from KTM, probably old news but I don't know.
nice cast

bayodome
Fantasy
4282nd
5/19/2017 7:08am
gnarwhip wrote:
...or are they still white KTMs? I remember reading a while ago they were going to get away from KTM, probably old news but I don't...
Think of the KTM/Husqvarna relationship as something similar to Toyota/Lexus, or Vokswagen/Audi (because they were once separate manufacturers but now fall under the same umbrella so some, but not all, of their base parts are the same) might even be more accurate. They are the same manufacturer now.

While you might see subtle differences in their MX and XC models, there really is no reason to do separate development. MX bikes need to have certain attributes to be competitive, so why spend twice the budget in development costs when you don't have to? Maybe they will change their strategy somewhere down the line, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Where you will continue to see differences is in their non-competition models. Just like with the high-end car market, manufacturers are willing to experiment a little more. They are going after niche markets with deeper pockets; perhaps customers who care more about aesthetic than performance. For example, the Husqvarna Vitpilen models will likely remain exclusively under the Husky banner (although you will also probably plenty of KTM/Husky base technology used across such models).

Post a reply to: Does Husqvarna make their own bikes now?

The Latest