Does Dungey get to run the #5?

Edited Date/Time 5/5/2022 3:35pm
No one has claimed it, but does he still own it or can claim it? It's been far more than 2 seasons of not earning any points.

Is the 222 free (I have no idea) for Tony's stint in the U.S.?

Can Scott Meshey sell his 84 like a popular web domain to uh, I dunno, someone that might want it?

|
mxbigd17
5/2/2022 7:27pm
DC also said AC222 will be running the 222 as it was held open for this scenario. Now….does Herlings get to run the 84 is the question???
dnf736
5/2/2022 7:28pm
Already discussed,
Dungey-5 (AMA signed off)
Cairoli-222 (will cost him a signed jersey per Matthes)
84-If Herlings comes would you want to be the guy known as drawing a line in the sand over a number?

The Shop

5/2/2022 7:30pm
mxbigd17 wrote:
DC also said AC222 will be running the 222 as it was held open for this scenario. Now….does Herlings get to run the 84 is the...
DC also said AC222 will be running the 222 as it was held open for this scenario. Now….does Herlings get to run the 84 is the question???
Scott Meshey is 84. So no
brocster
5/2/2022 7:32pm
dnf736 wrote:
Already discussed, Dungey-5 (AMA signed off) Cairoli-222 (will cost him a signed jersey per Matthes) 84-If Herlings comes would you want to be the guy known...
Already discussed,
84-If Herlings comes would you want to be the guy known as drawing a line in the sand over a number?
Number 84 is already assigned to someone that has earned a top 100 number. Can’t see them take that away to give to a guest to the series. Isn’t the early 100 numbers reserved for visitors? You know the whole Hanny 100 dealio.
Sully
5/2/2022 7:55pm
dnf736 wrote:
Already discussed, Dungey-5 (AMA signed off) Cairoli-222 (will cost him a signed jersey per Matthes) 84-If Herlings comes would you want to be the guy known...
Already discussed,
brocster wrote:
Number 84 is already assigned to someone that has earned a top 100 number. Can’t see them take that away to give to a guest to...
Number 84 is already assigned to someone that has earned a top 100 number. Can’t see them take that away to give to a guest to the series. Isn’t the early 100 numbers reserved for visitors? You know the whole Hanny 100 dealio.
I would assume Herlings will run the 784 he ran last time he raced Iron Man. Or maybe, he'll go 70s old school and run the 84X in electrical tape.
mx313
5/2/2022 8:04pm
When Americans race in other countries they run initials.
It would be good to see that the opposite way.
JH⁸⁴
AC²²²
PNWMXer
5/2/2022 9:17pm
dnf736 wrote:
Already discussed,
brocster wrote:
Number 84 is already assigned to someone that has earned a top 100 number. Can’t see them take that away to give to a guest to...
Sully wrote:
I would assume Herlings will run the 784 he ran last time he raced Iron Man. Or maybe, he'll go 70s old school and run the...
I would assume Herlings will run the 784 he ran last time he raced Iron Man. Or maybe, he'll go 70s old school and run the 84X in electrical tape.
Made me think of the Jody’s Box about guys melting down because signup told them to put the X on, lol
5/2/2022 9:40pm
Meshey has the balls to race Supercross with the big boys unlike Herlings, so he keeps his number. Question is who pulls out of the Nationals first? Herlings or
Roczen? I bet Roczen makes at least 4 races before he pulls out. Jeffy won't make it past round 2.
Dirt.Squirt
5/2/2022 10:56pm
Meshey has the balls to race Supercross with the big boys unlike Herlings, so he keeps his number. Question is who pulls out of the Nationals...
Meshey has the balls to race Supercross with the big boys unlike Herlings, so he keeps his number. Question is who pulls out of the Nationals first? Herlings or
Roczen? I bet Roczen makes at least 4 races before he pulls out. Jeffy won't make it past round 2.
You need to calm down
5/2/2022 11:50pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2022 11:50pm
You need to calm down
langhammx wrote:
TongueTongue
Let's make a cash bet. Both are gone by round 4....if they even show. Let me know what your willing to lose.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
5/3/2022 12:00am
Let's make a cash bet. Both are gone by round 4....if they even show. Let me know what your willing to lose.
Well, not sure why you feel the need to offer me your bet, but considering that Herlings will probably not make it to Pala with his heel injury, there’s really no bet to make.
I’m not interested in betting on Kenny, he’s definitely an unknown contender at this point.
But hey… I like a good bet, let’s find something else to bet on ! Wink
jk367
5/3/2022 12:22am
You need to calm down
langhammx wrote:
TongueTongue
Im a gambling man but not willing to bet on roczen not pulling out or even lining up and I don’t believe healings will be here
agn5008
Fantasy
256th
5/3/2022 3:23am
Meshey has the balls to race Supercross with the big boys unlike Herlings, so he keeps his number. Question is who pulls out of the Nationals...
You’re really starting to look pathetic.
DC
5/3/2022 4:27am
mxbigd17 wrote:
DC also said AC222 will be running the 222 as it was held open for this scenario. Now….does Herlings get to run the 84 is the...
No, Herlings would not be #84 if he came, that number was assigned for 2022 based on 2021 points and is not transferable. Herlings used #784 the last time he was here. In the case of Dungey #5 was open and the AMA felt that they would make an exception for his comeback, however long it lasts. And #222 has been used the last couple of seasons by Brandon Hugney of Pennsylvania, but he has not qualified or picked up any points with it yet, and agreed that Cairoli could use it as well since the AMA can work around a possible duplicate in any given race with the electronic timing and scoring. That's not standard practice but given Cairoli's situation with his trademark #222 (it was retired by the FIM last year) and the unique marketing opportunities and global familiarity with it, they made this exception.

Never thought even just a week ago that we would be seeing both #5 and #222 on a starting gate this summer!

DC
Racer X
nrosso391
Fantasy
2829th
5/3/2022 5:56am
DC wrote:
No, Herlings would not be #84 if he came, that number was assigned for 2022 based on 2021 points and is not transferable. Herlings used #784...
No, Herlings would not be #84 if he came, that number was assigned for 2022 based on 2021 points and is not transferable. Herlings used #784 the last time he was here. In the case of Dungey #5 was open and the AMA felt that they would make an exception for his comeback, however long it lasts. And #222 has been used the last couple of seasons by Brandon Hugney of Pennsylvania, but he has not qualified or picked up any points with it yet, and agreed that Cairoli could use it as well since the AMA can work around a possible duplicate in any given race with the electronic timing and scoring. That's not standard practice but given Cairoli's situation with his trademark #222 (it was retired by the FIM last year) and the unique marketing opportunities and global familiarity with it, they made this exception.

Never thought even just a week ago that we would be seeing both #5 and #222 on a starting gate this summer!

DC
Racer X
Why can't he run 84x? I know this is at the professional level and not weekend district races. But 84 is also the Marketing number for Herlings too..
DC
5/3/2022 7:57am
DC wrote:
No, Herlings would not be #84 if he came, that number was assigned for 2022 based on 2021 points and is not transferable. Herlings used #784...

DC
Racer X
nrosso391 wrote:
Why can't he run 84x? I know this is at the professional level and not weekend district races. But 84 is also the Marketing number for...
Why can't he run 84x? I know this is at the professional level and not weekend district races. But 84 is also the Marketing number for Herlings too..
First of all, he hasn't requested it, that I know of. Second of all, somebody earned #84 for 2022, and the AMA has rules in place. In the case of #222, the number was requested, not earned, and the rider was okay with sharing it for however long Cairoli is here. As for #5, no one is using, and the AMA felt it would be more interesting to see #5 out there again as compared to #212 or whatever else KTM and Dungey might have asked for.

Jeffrey used #784 last time, and this year in MXGP he was going to wear #1... Maybe Dennis Stapleton will share #184 with Jeffrey?!!

DC
Racer X
5/3/2022 8:15am
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
nrosso391 wrote:
Why can't he run 84x? I know this is at the professional level and not weekend district races. But 84 is also the Marketing number for...
DC wrote:
First of all, he hasn't requested it, that I know of. Second of all, somebody earned #84 for 2022, and the AMA has rules in place...
First of all, he hasn't requested it, that I know of. Second of all, somebody earned #84 for 2022, and the AMA has rules in place. In the case of #222, the number was requested, not earned, and the rider was okay with sharing it for however long Cairoli is here. As for #5, no one is using, and the AMA felt it would be more interesting to see #5 out there again as compared to #212 or whatever else KTM and Dungey might have asked for.

Jeffrey used #784 last time, and this year in MXGP he was going to wear #1... Maybe Dennis Stapleton will share #184 with Jeffrey?!!

DC
Racer X
Surely Dungey can pick any single digit number available since he's a national champion.

Using the 5 shouldn't be an exception. He should be able to pick it since he's won a national championship.

I guess he could take #8 or #4 also if he wanted something different.
Dirt.Squirt
5/3/2022 8:17am
Herlings should run 111! Aren’t the low 100s reserved for foreign champions coming to America?
nrosso391
Fantasy
2829th
5/3/2022 8:44am
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
nrosso391 wrote:
DC wrote:
First of all, he hasn't requested it, that I know of. Second of all, somebody earned #84 for 2022, and the AMA has rules in place...

DC
Racer X
AWESOME. Thanks DC.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
5/3/2022 8:48am
dnf736 wrote:
Already discussed,
Hell yeah, I'd want to be the guy who claimed my own damn earned number. Does he want to sleep with my wife, too?

You don't see me heading over to the GPs and asking if I can run #84 over there.
Herlings can run #1 next year if he earns it, or whatever two-digit number he earns on points. Take my number this season? No way. I'd expect the same from him in Europe if the roles were reversed.
5/3/2022 8:48am
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
nrosso391 wrote:
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
Cool that sn MXGP champ was finally going to run the #1. Was of the best things the AMA got right was that the previous years champ has to run the number 1.
Renner153
Fantasy
3583rd
5/3/2022 9:01am
mxbigd17 wrote:
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
Are we actually sure the AMA is capable of figuring out which one is Cairoli and which one is the other guy? Im not that confident in them.
DC
5/3/2022 9:12am
Thanks for the update DC. Hope the storms in Morgantown stayed clear of you.
Alas, they did not. And they hit Indiana hard too, which is where the GNCC is headed this weekend--if they can drain the place first.

DC
Racer X
BroFoSho
5/3/2022 10:43am
Let 'em both run #84.

One bike is orange another is black and white. Not too hard to tell them apart

Post a reply to: Does Dungey get to run the #5?

The Latest