Does Anybody Know If Kawasaki Is Letting Eli Tomac Race At Ironman This Weekend?

Rupert X
Edited Date/Time 8/24/2019 6:54pm
I’m not one to stir things up, but it sure seems like a risky move , what with the 450 title all wrapped up- and the MEC in Vegas just minutes away....? Oh, it’s a business decision ? My bad.
|
Graybeard
Fantasy
2206th
8/23/2019 4:04pm
He’s dropping down to 250s to help Adam......
8/23/2019 4:06pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2019 4:07pm
Heard he wrapped things up a race early to commit to finishing his fence at the ranch.
8/23/2019 4:12pm
I'll bite..

Did Kawasaki hire Tomac to win US national titles and races or to win the MXdN? I don't know if any of us can truthfully answer that but I'm sure most of us can make an educated guess. Why didn't Kawasaki pull Eli from the supercross series the past two years when things weren't looking good for the title? I'm guessing because winning races within the US still matters to them and is one of their priorities. And I don't think I need to tell you what country Ironman happens to be in.

The Shop

Kawi15
8/23/2019 4:25pm
Rupert X wrote:
I’m not one to stir things up, but it sure seems like a risky move , what with the 450 title all wrapped up- and the...
I’m not one to stir things up, but it sure seems like a risky move , what with the 450 title all wrapped up- and the MEC in Vegas just minutes away....? Oh, it’s a business decision ? My bad.
Bitter much?
Rupert X
8/23/2019 4:30pm
I'll bite.. Did Kawasaki hire Tomac to win US national titles and races or to win the MXdN? I don't know if any of us can...
I'll bite..

Did Kawasaki hire Tomac to win US national titles and races or to win the MXdN? I don't know if any of us can truthfully answer that but I'm sure most of us can make an educated guess. Why didn't Kawasaki pull Eli from the supercross series the past two years when things weren't looking good for the title? I'm guessing because winning races within the US still matters to them and is one of their priorities. And I don't think I need to tell you what country Ironman happens to be in.
And, I don’t think I need to tell you -that KHI is an international corporation -with an annual yearly revenue of over a trillion yen, that has worldwide interests and, would benefit far greatly, on a global scale - by supporting its riders, at an Olympics style event, than coming up with some “ business decisions” bullshit, thereby making their riders scapegoats, to thousands of worldwide fans, that would otherwise thoroughly enjoy seeing Mr. Tomac and Mr. Cincaurulo - competing at Assen, for their country. Whew.
8/23/2019 4:39pm
Maybe you should make Kawasaki aware of what will benefit them and what won't as opposed to pouting on Vital about it. I'm not trying to defend them or their decision, I'm just trying to explain what I believe their thought process was when making said business decision.

You should be thankful you're sending a team, in my country motocross is such a shit show we can't even get together to send a team to the damn event.
8/23/2019 4:49pm
Id say Kawi is following the money. Truth is other than the die hards most people don't care about MXoN. There was a time when it was important, sadly now teams don't really care. If they did, they would be fighting to get riders on the team. But.. They aren't.

Its the same reason teams are pumping tons of cash into Supercross. Its the product that is selling to the masses. Pretty much basic economics.

Let the thumbs downs flow, sometimes the truth hurts.
Rupert X
8/23/2019 4:53pm
Maybe you should make Kawasaki aware of what will benefit them and what won't as opposed to pouting on Vital about it. I'm not trying to...
Maybe you should make Kawasaki aware of what will benefit them and what won't as opposed to pouting on Vital about it. I'm not trying to defend them or their decision, I'm just trying to explain what I believe their thought process was when making said business decision.

You should be thankful you're sending a team, in my country motocross is such a shit show we can't even get together to send a team to the damn event.
Jorge. I think we share enthusiasm for the same sport. As far as your suggestions, I feel like I’m complying with your recommendations. I wish you and your country well. I’ve just never believed in corporate bullshit. And, I never will.
BMSOBx2
8/23/2019 5:03pm
Rupert X wrote:
Jorge. I think we share enthusiasm for the same sport. As far as your suggestions, I feel like I’m complying with your recommendations. I wish you...
Jorge. I think we share enthusiasm for the same sport. As far as your suggestions, I feel like I’m complying with your recommendations. I wish you and your country well. I’ve just never believed in corporate bullshit. And, I never will.
Old Skool, 59 El Camino with a Triumph 650 in the back, f*** yeah.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
8/23/2019 5:23pm
Mxb2 has some kind of connection to kranz. Id bet money on it. Son, nephew, something.

As a big time fan of tomac, even he gets on my nerves.
8/23/2019 5:36pm
Rupert X wrote:
Jorge. I think we share enthusiasm for the same sport. As far as your suggestions, I feel like I’m complying with your recommendations. I wish you...
We definitely do share enthusiasm for the sport. At the end of the day, I think you and I can agree that we want to see the best of the best at the MXdN and it’s a shame Kawasaki doesn’t agree. Thankfully though, the event will go off with or without Kawasaki (and Canada) and I’m sure it will be a great weekend nonetheless. I’m looking forward to it.
8/23/2019 5:42pm
Does this really need to go on? Rupe, as previously stated, you have my respect and admiration, but lately you've just been...off. I just don't get being so consumed by something you can't possibly control. But bang on guys. Let it all out. Someone should bring Herlings into this thread to complete the stupidity.
Premix
8/23/2019 6:02pm
mx 219 wrote:
Mxb2 has some kind of connection to kranz. Id bet money on it. Son, nephew, something. As a big time fan of tomac, even he gets...
Mxb2 has some kind of connection to kranz. Id bet money on it. Son, nephew, something.

As a big time fan of tomac, even he gets on my nerves.
Bingo
8/23/2019 6:09pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2019 6:10pm
I think Rupert brings up a good point that very few want to address. I personally think it was a mutual decision between Kawasaki and Tomac because Tomac doesn't want to face off with Herlings in the sand. On a ormal track, I think Tomac can be just as fast, but at this point, Herlings has him beat in his mind.

Now my regular downvoters can do their thing.
OldPro277
8/23/2019 6:12pm
Getting close to the entertainment value I got out of the "Derek Harris can bite me" thread. LMAO.

But for what its worth, I'm in 100% agreement with the Honorable Harry Backmon,Esq.. Theres no need for you guys to be getting so personal in your criticism of each other...geez Blink

Rup-- although I'm also VERY disappointed in the Kawasaki decision, and the basic general lack of desire of a lot of the potential selected racers, it just seems to be the wave of the future sadly enough. The top guys are too bound up by their big contracts it seems. Money,money,money
500guy
8/23/2019 6:12pm
Does this really need to go on? Rupe, as previously stated, you have my respect and admiration, but lately you've just been...off. I just don't get...
Does this really need to go on? Rupe, as previously stated, you have my respect and admiration, but lately you've just been...off. I just don't get being so consumed by something you can't possibly control. But bang on guys. Let it all out. Someone should bring Herlings into this thread to complete the stupidity.
it goes on because it's important to many that the Best USA has to offer goes and tries to win this event.

The Team we are sending is top quality no doubt but our 2 Champions will not be there and that say's something.

I get the Business aspect of it but I also see the Pride in Country side too.
lestat
8/23/2019 6:22pm
Could be worse .... pity poor Canada , their whole team is not going . 🤷🏻‍♂️
8/23/2019 6:25pm
Does this really need to go on? Rupe, as previously stated, you have my respect and admiration, but lately you've just been...off. I just don't get...
500guy wrote:
it goes on because it's important to many that the Best USA has to offer goes and tries to win this event. The Team we are...
it goes on because it's important to many that the Best USA has to offer goes and tries to win this event.

The Team we are sending is top quality no doubt but our 2 Champions will not be there and that say's something.

I get the Business aspect of it but I also see the Pride in Country side too.
I get that 500. I really do. But it's over. It's done. Let it go. Nothing is going to change. At some point y'all have got to move on. Why keep bringing it up?

Rupe, I think I told you before, you have an open invitation to come here and drink beer and eat gator tail. That invitation still stands.
cable
8/23/2019 6:55pm
what does 3-5 moto scores do for kawasaki at MXDN? and Tomac is my guy.. I do think osborne will do ok with his past experience and will adjust to a sand setup shock
Forty
8/23/2019 7:38pm
Rupert X wrote:
I’m not one to stir things up, but it sure seems like a risky move , what with the 450 title all wrapped up- and the...
Heheh
Zooki
8/23/2019 10:54pm
I'll bring up Herlings to complete the stupidity...

I wonder if everyone would be defending KTM/Herlings if KTM held Herlings out of a US-based MXdN so he could be ready for the Paris Supercross? Would Herlings even allow something like this to happen, or would he insist on representing his country?
BobbyM
8/24/2019 1:25am
Rupert X wrote:
Somebody knows somewhere, you sir should have known.
GangGreen
8/24/2019 2:16am
I wonder if any top rider would go if the schedule put the MXdesNations BEFORE the end of the AMA Outdoor Motocross season?

Ray_MXS
8/24/2019 2:45am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2019 3:47am
GangGreen wrote:
[b]I wonder if any top rider would go if the schedule put the MXdesNations BEFORE the end of the AMA Outdoor Motocross season?[/b] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/08/24/368108/s1200_MXdesNations1989.jpg[/img]
I wonder if any top rider would go if the schedule put the MXdesNations BEFORE the end of the AMA Outdoor Motocross season?

It doesn't matter when the MXoN takes place anymore. There will always be a new excuse.

This is a one way street for the sport in the US.
Somewhere along the line the corporations started caring more about business, and money, and investments than racing, pride and love of the sport and now the riders are starting having the same mindset.

The lengths some countries go to, and an astonishing amount of work to get their riders to the event, and in a lot of cases knowing that they might now even qualify for the A final, shows you what the sport is really about.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
8/24/2019 3:59am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2019 3:59am
The best correlation I can think of is the pro bowl. I feel like when i was a kid there was more emphasis on it more people wanted to win. Now, i dont even watch it. Seems like its a joke.

The other allstar games are a little different because they are at the middle of the season but still dont seem as serious to me as the 90s or early 2000s.

Maybe its because we are the "soft" generation, maybe we are the "smarter" generation, hard to tell. Maybe if there was so much emphasis on money today, there might be more pride again at all sports to represent at all star games and do your best. Hard to say.

Post a reply to: Does Anybody Know If Kawasaki Is Letting Eli Tomac Race At Ironman This Weekend?

The Latest