Does Alessi cancel the Canada excursion now?

Ash124
Edited Date/Time 5/9/2014 6:04pm
Does Alessi cancel the Canada excursion?

So RV is out. Stewart is riding fast, but having consistency issues. Reed, Millsaps and Tomac will be recovering/building. Alessi is solid outdoors. You have to think they'd be temped to try.....

Dunge and Kenny will be strong, but it's a long season. Who knows if they make it through 24 motos.

If I had to bet, Dunge is the fav, but Alessi must be good for a few podiums.

Thoughts?
|
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/5/2014 11:50pm
Alessi has a good shot at winning a title in Canada , he has very little chance of winning here even with RV out.
Crush
5/6/2014 1:58am
Said it somewhere else, he's an idiot if he thinks RV was the guy stopping him from winning a title.

There is 6 in line before him, at least.

People were questioning if he'd beat Metty up there. Is Metty now front runner for the title too?
Jrewing
5/6/2014 2:13am
I hear cairoli is coming over to race now... Haha
wow123
5/6/2014 3:35am
with metty out of the canuk series its more likely he will stay

most likely the fav now

good luck to him,

be nice for him to have senior national title to his name

The Shop

Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
5/6/2014 5:56am
Ash124 wrote:
Does Alessi cancel the Canada excursion? So RV is out. Stewart is riding fast, but having consistency issues. Reed, Millsaps and Tomac will be recovering/building. Alessi...
Does Alessi cancel the Canada excursion?

So RV is out. Stewart is riding fast, but having consistency issues. Reed, Millsaps and Tomac will be recovering/building. Alessi is solid outdoors. You have to think they'd be temped to try.....

Dunge and Kenny will be strong, but it's a long season. Who knows if they make it through 24 motos.

If I had to bet, Dunge is the fav, but Alessi must be good for a few podiums.

Thoughts?
Barcia and Canard no factor?
peelout
5/6/2014 6:30am
If anything, with Metty coming to America, Alessi has to be liking his chances in the north
Jeff alessi
5/6/2014 6:54am
Funny none of you mentioned it but he will be at glen Helen for round 1....
5/6/2014 6:56am
yea, the Canadian series will not have started yet. I'd do the same thing.
gti
5/6/2014 7:39am
Love him or hate him, Alessi is a big threat for the title.
zippy895
5/6/2014 2:29pm
allessi chance of being 450 us champ. has the same odds as kyle Cunningham being a 250 us champ.
see 2013 points standings...
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
5/6/2014 2:35pm
Alessi gets a lot of shit, but the dude can haul even this year in SX he led mains for 6 laps twice and he is better outdoors. Last year he had a lot of bad luck lil injuries and crashes. He can podium in MX no matter who is in the field. Alessi at full tilt is faster than Metty, its just we like Metty more so he is all of the sudden way better, but Mike could pull a Top 3 in O/A standings if he stays down here. Talent and work ethic are not his problems its all mental.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/6/2014 2:38pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2014 8:55pm
Maybe its because none of us care. Did you ever think that YOU are Mikes biggest problem and if you would just go away then most of his bad karma would too.
zippy895
5/6/2014 2:52pm
Park Boys wrote:
Alessi gets a lot of shit, but the dude can haul even this year in SX he led mains for 6 laps twice and he is...
Alessi gets a lot of shit, but the dude can haul even this year in SX he led mains for 6 laps twice and he is better outdoors. Last year he had a lot of bad luck lil injuries and crashes. He can podium in MX no matter who is in the field. Alessi at full tilt is faster than Metty, its just we like Metty more so he is all of the sudden way better, but Mike could pull a Top 3 in O/A standings if he stays down here. Talent and work ethic are not his problems its all mental.
2012,he was second overall standing behind dungey.by over 120 points...
2013 he was 9th overall standing behind dungey who went 2nd o.a. by 278pts./ 334pts back from rv.....
I think a top 5 finish is a more realistic goal in 2014,had he stayed in states.
Ash124
5/6/2014 3:11pm
I am fully aware of this fact.

Maybe reading too far into this but..... I assume that this hints that the results in Glen Helen will determine the direction from there?

I was more going for the angle of the long term plan.

Also, I didn't mean this to be a comprehensive list of everyone's chances. Of course Canard and Barcia will be good. I'm just pumped for more competition. If we have 10 different winners I'll be stoked.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
5/6/2014 3:20pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Maybe its because none of us care. Did you ever think that YOU are Mikes biggest problem and if you would just go away then most...
Maybe its because none of us care. Did you ever think that YOU are Mikes biggest problem and if you would just go away then most of his bad karma would too.
I'm not sure you know what you're talking about, you Really think Tay Mike's BIGGEST problem is his brother Jeff ? If you're just hating on Jeff, just tell him, why make yourself look like an ass ? All he did was post that his brother is racing Glen Helen, not really a big deal, IMO

My two cents, for what it's worth...

I'm sure Jeff knows what mistakes he's made and which ones have adversely affected his brothers image. The whole laser thing got way blown out of proportion, if it would've been a spectator that had done it, it would've never have gotten to where it did. Was it right ? He'll no !! But I also think it was one of those things that a kid would do, not considering the consequences. Jeff has always been the goofy kid and Mike the serious racer. Had Tony put 1/2 the effort into Jeff, that he did with Mike, who knows what Jeff could've done. If you'd been raised as the second fiddle, you might be starving for attention too. Just jumping on the "Alessi hate club" isn't going to change anything. Mike has tons of talent, especially outdoors. Is he going to win Glen Helen ? That would be a tall order, considering who's racing, but it's not totally out of the question. His starts are good and he's always been in great shape. His biggest hurdle is going to be himself. He can be such a head case when he gets pressured. I've watched him basically pull over and let the front runners by this season. He REALLY needs to focus on what's in front of him, instead of looking behind him all the time. He instantly slows down, the second he starts looking behind. For the life of me, I don't know why he can't refrain from doing that. He should have a good shot at a title in Canada, maybe that will get his confidence back. He was almost untouchable most of his amateur career, even with Villopoto nipping at his heals. I've seen him have some great battles with Milsaps, Grant and Villopoto, from pewees through the A class
thormx11
5/6/2014 3:26pm
He will probably make more money from holeshots in the US than racing in Canada
EastCoastMx
5/6/2014 4:29pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Maybe its because none of us care. Did you ever think that YOU are Mikes biggest problem and if you would just go away then most...
While Jeff may not be the best representative of pro motocross racers that post here on Vital......and yes he has screwed up in the past, its stuff like this that will discourage the hell out of any pro racer to post here without an alias name.

And secondly, I do care if Mike races at round one that's good info. I hope Mike does great, doesn't get hurt and has fun. The internet bullies on this board are "JACKED"!!!!!!!!!!
CR250Rider
5/6/2014 4:52pm
Hopefully you won't be there
5/6/2014 5:30pm
I say he stays. If Mike goes to Canada look for his career swirling the bowl.

Sad to since he did well in SX this year... For himself... Except Ticklegate...
5/6/2014 5:44pm
If Alessi had factory support he could compete for a Championship. He has the outdoor speed for top 5 finishes and it's time to take his game to the next level and separate business from family. Or go the Canada
mauidex
5/6/2014 6:15pm
the "hype" train has completely left the station...................................hopefully for Genovas sake there is business to be had in Canada and worth the effort...........................
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
5/6/2014 7:20pm
I hope he podiums at GH and the team stays. 800 hauls and the team deserves it.
5/6/2014 7:46pm
I hope he podiums at GH and the team stays. 800 hauls and the team deserves it.
Alessi staying means we will have some sort of Aleesigate this summer.

If he goes Canada gets it.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
5/6/2014 8:26pm
I say he stays. If Mike goes to Canada look for his career swirling the bowl. Sad to since he did well in SX this year...
I say he stays. If Mike goes to Canada look for his career swirling the bowl.

Sad to since he did well in SX this year... For himself... Except Ticklegate...
I tend to agree that racing in Canada is not a good long term idea for Mike.
He performed quite well this year in SX, and Ticklegate was massively blown out of proportion.

Ultimately, the more really fast guys (and 800 is one of them) in our series, the better the racing is going to be for the fans.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/6/2014 8:57pm
lostboy819 wrote:
While Jeff may not be the best representative of pro motocross racers that post here on Vital......and yes he has screwed up in the past, its...
While Jeff may not be the best representative of pro motocross racers that post here on Vital......and yes he has screwed up in the past, its stuff like this that will discourage the hell out of any pro racer to post here without an alias name.

And secondly, I do care if Mike races at round one that's good info. I hope Mike does great, doesn't get hurt and has fun. The internet bullies on this board are "JACKED"!!!!!!!!!!
Jeff deserves every bit of shit thrown his way on Vital.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/6/2014 9:05pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2014 9:05pm
langhammx wrote:
I'm not sure you know what you're talking about, you Really think Tay Mike's BIGGEST problem is his brother Jeff ? If you're just hating on...
I'm not sure you know what you're talking about, you Really think Tay Mike's BIGGEST problem is his brother Jeff ? If you're just hating on Jeff, just tell him, why make yourself look like an ass ? All he did was post that his brother is racing Glen Helen, not really a big deal, IMO

My two cents, for what it's worth...

I'm sure Jeff knows what mistakes he's made and which ones have adversely affected his brothers image. The whole laser thing got way blown out of proportion, if it would've been a spectator that had done it, it would've never have gotten to where it did. Was it right ? He'll no !! But I also think it was one of those things that a kid would do, not considering the consequences. Jeff has always been the goofy kid and Mike the serious racer. Had Tony put 1/2 the effort into Jeff, that he did with Mike, who knows what Jeff could've done. If you'd been raised as the second fiddle, you might be starving for attention too. Just jumping on the "Alessi hate club" isn't going to change anything. Mike has tons of talent, especially outdoors. Is he going to win Glen Helen ? That would be a tall order, considering who's racing, but it's not totally out of the question. His starts are good and he's always been in great shape. His biggest hurdle is going to be himself. He can be such a head case when he gets pressured. I've watched him basically pull over and let the front runners by this season. He REALLY needs to focus on what's in front of him, instead of looking behind him all the time. He instantly slows down, the second he starts looking behind. For the life of me, I don't know why he can't refrain from doing that. He should have a good shot at a title in Canada, maybe that will get his confidence back. He was almost untouchable most of his amateur career, even with Villopoto nipping at his heals. I've seen him have some great battles with Milsaps, Grant and Villopoto, from pewees through the A class
"whole laser thing got way blown out of proportion" WoohooWoohooWoohoo
How could that ever be blown out of proportion ?? He was trying to blind RV on the start of a national motocross race. MX is a multi million dollar business and you have that dirt bag jeff tryng to alter the outcome of a race! and that is just tip of the iceberg how about any one of a number of meltdowns on vital and the famous assault with a walmart rake. sorry but jeff isn't a kid who makes some bad choices, he is a full blown shit stain on the MX world. "starving for attention" well every time he melts down on vital he gets attention.LaughingLaughingLaughingSick
5/6/2014 9:18pm
If I remember correctly Genova was on pulpmxshow and said the reason for racing up north was after a strong 2012, they were unable to gain any additional support for 2013. I guess there was more support offered in Canada for this year?

Who knows?Blink I wish them the best.
Jeff alessi
5/6/2014 9:20pm
I believe if mike goes to round 1 and does good and is as competitive as I believe he is then I think it would be a hard decision not to stay and fight for the championship. He's an American and he should race in the premier outdoor series here at home. I know he wants to race Canada to build confidence for 2015 but I see in his racing that he's got huge confidence when he puts himself in the right place and he's also not worrying about the competition like he use to and just focusing on himself. He has grown a lot in the last year and I believe he is the most competitive he's ever been mentally right now and his equipment is far better then it's been in the past so I guess we will see at glen Helen how he does. He has a lot of positives going on for him and that's what we are all focusing on is the positive.
AZ35
Fantasy
550th
5/6/2014 9:36pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2014 9:47pm
^^^ nice try Jeff, but that reads like a PR statement or your GF doing the typing....

I would like to think you typed that yourself, but in reading some of the past 178 posts I am going to call bullshit.

If it was you, you would not have ignored lostboys819 comments and just posted PR crap.
Grieby54
5/6/2014 9:49pm
AZ35 wrote:
^^^ nice try Jeff, but that reads like a PR statement or your GF doing the typing.... I would like to think you typed that yourself...
^^^ nice try Jeff, but that reads like a PR statement or your GF doing the typing....

I would like to think you typed that yourself, but in reading some of the past 178 posts I am going to call bullshit.

If it was you, you would not have ignored lostboys819 comments and just posted PR crap.
Regardless of who typed it, I agree. Mike seems to be in the best spot, mentally, that he's ever been.

Post a reply to: Does Alessi cancel the Canada excursion now?

The Latest