Does Aldon get a bonus

Crush
Edited Date/Time 4/13/2015 5:05am
I've read/heard some crazy numbers for him to be your guy... But I wonder does he get bonused for titles from the riders...

If he had duplicate trophies the last 15 years of his title winning riders he'd have quite the cabinet!
|
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
4/11/2015 9:10pm
What kind of numbers did you hear?Blush
bsharkey
4/12/2015 12:12am
lets see him take someone who has never won a championship and make them a winner, that will impress me a lot more
Crush
4/12/2015 12:20am
imoto34 wrote:
300K P.A. for his top Guy, ie RV/KR/RD... Deminished for the rest.

Pulp/RX pods have had educated guesses at it a few times...

Sharkey I kinda agree, but on the other hand, he's certainly helped some of the best guys be better than ever, don't think there is any argument there.
ocscottie
4/12/2015 1:15am
If i remember correctly, yes he does get a Championship bonus.

The Shop

Crush
4/12/2015 1:25am
ocscottie wrote:
If i remember correctly, yes he does get a Championship bonus.
Things must be very good in the Bakery.

Assuming he's been on close to those rates since a few years into RC... ie when he was proven... He's had a fair few years of some nice dough coming in. Definitely just laid out for the Bakery but, not bad work if you can get it!
davistld01
4/12/2015 5:08am
bsharkey wrote:
lets see him take someone who has never won a championship and make them a winner, that will impress me a lot more
That's not really what Aldon is known for, as far as I can tell. He is the best at taking riders who already have a good program, and have the discipline to do what's necessary...and tweak it to bring out the very best in them. He just brings the riders to a whole new level. I imagine he picks which clients he wants to work with as carefully as they pick him. Who wants to ruin a reputation for building championships on a guy who has plenty of money...but lacks the character to truly be a champion.

With that said...Jason Anderson is a huge question mark.
4/12/2015 5:08am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2015 5:17am
imoto34 wrote:
Crush wrote:
300K P.A. for his top Guy, ie RV/KR/RD... Deminished for the rest. Pulp/RX pods have had educated guesses at it a few times... Sharkey I kinda...

Sharkey I kinda agree, but on the other hand, he's certainly helped some of the best guys be better than ever, don't think there is any argument there.
Wanna Bet Tongue .

You did see RD#5 turn inside of Barcia today didn't you? Aldon teach him that? Me. I'm thinking the new KTM had a lot more to do with this title than AB.
RD#5 was as solid and consistent as he's always been. The bike allowed him to ride better and be more aggressive.

I'm sure AB contributed as much as the rest of the Team, but to me, the bike was the clear stand out. IMO. Best they boost production numbers of their 2016 models. I'm predicting a rush on them.
colonel
4/12/2015 6:35am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2015 6:37am
Dungey's bill is about $150k a year and RV was $230-250k. Lites riders if I am correct are paying $50k a year as base payments.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
4/12/2015 8:21am
I have no idea on numbers but I would think any trainer would get a bonus if their rider wins a title.
Does anyone know Aldons clientele this season? I'm curious what he could do, if anything, with a rider like Barcia or Baggett. As someone else said, take a very good rider but someone who is not already the best in the field and see what happens.
davistld01
4/12/2015 8:27am
KennyT wrote:
I have no idea on numbers but I would think any trainer would get a bonus if their rider wins a title. Does anyone know Aldons...
I have no idea on numbers but I would think any trainer would get a bonus if their rider wins a title.
Does anyone know Aldons clientele this season? I'm curious what he could do, if anything, with a rider like Barcia or Baggett. As someone else said, take a very good rider but someone who is not already the best in the field and see what happens.
Baggett's got RJ...and has improved by leaps and bounds since A1.

Who does Barcia use as coach/trainer?
Flatliner
4/12/2015 8:37am
bsharkey wrote:
Rc didn't have a 250 indoor title when aldon and him joined up.
gharmon
4/12/2015 9:03am
Wasn't Baggett working with Aldon when he won the outdoor title a couple years ago?
zippy895
4/12/2015 9:18am
Flatliner wrote:
you sure about that.
zippy895
4/12/2015 9:19am
davistld01 wrote:
Baggett's got RJ...and has improved by leaps and bounds since A1.

Who does Barcia use as coach/trainer?
johnny o is Barcia's.
johnny o was rc's just before aldon.
Flatliner
4/12/2015 9:28am
Flatliner wrote:
zippy895 wrote:
you sure about that.
To my knowledge they started working together the spring-summer of 2000. Hence no 250 indoor title.
DownSouth
4/12/2015 9:29am
zippy895 wrote:
johnny o is Barcia's.
johnny o was rc's just before aldon.
Barcia and Omara are not working together anymore.
ChrisB10
4/12/2015 11:06am
bsharkey wrote:
You havent been paying attention if you dont think Aldon improves performance.
Bodieg3
4/12/2015 12:27pm
gharmon wrote:
Wasn't Baggett working with Aldon when he won the outdoor title a couple years ago?
I'm pretty sure your correct
Huevos
4/12/2015 12:37pm
Flatliner wrote:
zippy895 wrote:
you sure about that.
Flatliner wrote:
To my knowledge they started working together the spring-summer of 2000. Hence no 250 indoor title.
You are correct. 2001 was the first season RC went into with the help of Baker. The 2001 RC was such a big improvement over the '99/'00 RC it's not even funny.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
4/12/2015 1:12pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2015 1:14pm
RC won 5 titles with Omara.

RV won 3 titles with Randy Lawrence.

Dungey won 4 titles without a trainer.

How many titles did Weimer win with him?

How many titles did Rattray win with him?

When he takes Wil Hahn and turns him into a hero, I'll be impressed.

And yes, I think O'mara is a better Coach/trainer, especially considering he's the one that brought him in and taught him the game.
A. DLeary
4/12/2015 1:26pm
UpTiTe wrote:
RC won 5 titles with Omara. RV won 3 titles with Randy Lawrence. Dungey won 4 titles without a trainer. How many titles did Weimer win...

And yes, I think O'mara is a better Coach/trainer, especially considering he's the one that brought him in and taught him the game.
Rattray and Weimer might not have won championships with him but they sure seemed to do better with him as their trainer.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
4/12/2015 1:32pm
UpTiTe wrote:
RC won 5 titles with Omara. RV won 3 titles with Randy Lawrence. Dungey won 4 titles without a trainer. How many titles did Weimer win...

A. DLeary wrote:
Rattray and Weimer might not have won championships with him but they sure seemed to do better with him as their trainer.
He didn't help Rattray at all, and Weimer is Weimer, he didn't look any different before or after him, which proves my point.
4/12/2015 1:43pm
imoto34 wrote:
Crush wrote:
300K P.A. for his top Guy, ie RV/KR/RD... Deminished for the rest. Pulp/RX pods have had educated guesses at it a few times... Sharkey I kinda...

#991 wrote:
Wanna Bet :P . You did see RD#5 turn inside of Barcia today didn't you? Aldon teach him that? Me. I'm thinking the new KTM had...
Wanna Bet Tongue .

You did see RD#5 turn inside of Barcia today didn't you? Aldon teach him that? Me. I'm thinking the new KTM had a lot more to do with this title than AB.
RD#5 was as solid and consistent as he's always been. The bike allowed him to ride better and be more aggressive.

I'm sure AB contributed as much as the rest of the Team, but to me, the bike was the clear stand out. IMO. Best they boost production numbers of their 2016 models. I'm predicting a rush on them.
This... The guy is only human.he can't perform miricales. He is obviously one of the best at his game and I think he will def bring out the best in whoever he is training but if u don't have the speed and the ethic then u still won't win titles.. He is just 1 of the main pieces to help u get there, as well as the team, bike etc
KlootZak
4/12/2015 3:44pm
I cannot believe some people doubt the benefit Aldon provides. Obviously is not going to benefit everybody, as (for example) not everybody likes the same bike (even if it's a champion-winning bike). And Aldon is not going to transform me to a supercross champion. Aldon has the ability to make a great rider even better by strict program which gives them a great fitness and more importantly a high confidence level. That creates a lot of speed and consistency which are the two most important factors to win a championship.

2015 - Dungey
2014 - Villopoto & Roczen
2013 - Villopoto (in and out)
2012 - Villopoto (only in)
2011 - Villopoto (in and out)

... That's 8 championships in less than 5 years ... yeah coincidence
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
4/12/2015 3:56pm
UpTiTe wrote:

A. DLeary wrote:
Weimer? He has been the same his entire career. I saw zero improvement in his performance

And that is the reason some people doubt what he can do with anyone other than established champions. Dungey won titles without him and one with him
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
4/12/2015 3:59pm
KlootZak wrote:
I cannot believe some people doubt the benefit Aldon provides. Obviously is not going to benefit everybody, as (for example) not everybody likes the same bike...
I cannot believe some people doubt the benefit Aldon provides. Obviously is not going to benefit everybody, as (for example) not everybody likes the same bike (even if it's a champion-winning bike). And Aldon is not going to transform me to a supercross champion. Aldon has the ability to make a great rider even better by strict program which gives them a great fitness and more importantly a high confidence level. That creates a lot of speed and consistency which are the two most important factors to win a championship.

2015 - Dungey

Are you saying Villopoto would not have won those titles if Aldon was not his trainer? His speed was so far superior to that of his competition that he could have had Lil Hanny training him and still he would have dominated
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
4/12/2015 4:01pm
KlootZak wrote:
I cannot believe some people doubt the benefit Aldon provides. Obviously is not going to benefit everybody, as (for example) not everybody likes the same bike...

2015 - Dungey

I don't doubt the benefits of a trainer, but if you don't think that all the guys Aldon trained would've won without him, you're wrong, they would've won with any trainer they used.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
4/12/2015 4:03pm
And Kevin Windham would've owned RC all those years if he was using Aldon right?

Post a reply to: Does Aldon get a bonus

The Latest