Does AMA Pro

Spinner
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 8:11am
Does AMA Pro confiscate bikes to do a tear down/inspection?
And I'm not talking a post race tear down in the pits where they look at a few things and say, "Oh, you're a factory rider.....it's okay.".
I mean, do they take the bike back to the AMA Pro headquarters and do a lengthy tear down and examination of the bike much like F1, MotoGP, and NASCAR does?
|
kongols
2/6/2011 12:53am
They do sound check. Isn`t that enough?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/6/2011 1:04am
Return to the office with complete bikes? Not that I know of. I think they will take the occasional engine or chassis component (including frames).

The Shop

KAWboy14
2/6/2011 7:08am
they do the cheapest thing.....unless they can get the riders to pay for it!
Towelie
2/6/2011 7:11am
I thought a tear down only happens when other team complains about something & the complaining team has to put the money on the table to pay for the tear down & replacement if everything is kosher?
jjmnky
2/6/2011 7:33am
The last time I heard of them confiscating a bike and doing an engine tear down was quite a few years back. Anyone remember the Stone brothers from Missouri? Brian Stone repeatedly pulled large holeshots on his privateer kawi 125 and started raising some eyebrows. Speculation is that there was a family feud and someone in the family told AMA they needed to take a look at his engine.
mxr102
2/6/2011 7:46am
jjmnky wrote:
The last time I heard of them confiscating a bike and doing an engine tear down was quite a few years back. Anyone remember the Stone...
The last time I heard of them confiscating a bike and doing an engine tear down was quite a few years back. Anyone remember the Stone brothers from Missouri? Brian Stone repeatedly pulled large holeshots on his privateer kawi 125 and started raising some eyebrows. Speculation is that there was a family feud and someone in the family told AMA they needed to take a look at his engine.
I remember that. I raced against Brian and Doug quite a bit. I know for about 3 years they were at all. But Brian was ripping some huge starts.
jmar
2/6/2011 9:14am
jjmnky wrote:
The last time I heard of them confiscating a bike and doing an engine tear down was quite a few years back. Anyone remember the Stone...
mxr102 wrote:
I remember that. I raced against Brian and Doug quite a bit. I know for about 3 years they were at all. But Brian was ripping...
I remember that. I raced against Brian and Doug quite a bit. I know for about 3 years they were at all. But Brian was ripping some huge starts.
Brian was always a good starter. Even back in his 60days.
jjmnky
2/6/2011 9:27am
Wasn't denying Brian was fast and a good starter in his own right. That guy always looked like he was just sitting there with the throttle twisted and using no effort at all. It always perturbed me.

Post a reply to: Does AMA Pro

The Latest