Do you think this is b*******?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/22/2020 4:38 AM

|

Make sure you downvote!

10/22/2020 4:53 AM

My first reaction was "Unbelievable". But I totally believe it.

Is there a way to get AMA involved in this? In their magazine they constantly promote activism and all of the political lobbying that they do.

|

10/22/2020 5:04 AM

This one I can't get behind.. grin

Photo

|

10/22/2020 5:16 AM

EngIceDave wrote:

Yeah, so do we....sign the petition

Banning all personal vehicles on private property in Gainesville, FL

While reading, ...more

All the racers moved from California to Florida just in time for Florida to adopt California thinking.

|

10/22/2020 5:31 AM

OMG, I signed and share to all my FTR family as well...

|

2019 KTM 350 XC-F
Apollo Motorcycle Club
Daytona Dirt Riders (DDR)
Floridatrailriders.org (FTR)

10/22/2020 5:40 AM

Signed

|

10/22/2020 5:46 AM

kage173 wrote:

Is there a way to get AMA involved in this? In their ...more

Too busy fighting helmet laws.

|

10/22/2020 6:37 AM

Signed

|

10/22/2020 6:45 AM

I've posted it before, but here it is again...

Photo

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/22/2020 7:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2020 8:16 AM

Seems like you could just claim the use is not for recreation and you're clear to go.

Call them utility vehicles, call them transportation, call them fitness equipment.

Otherwise, I'd say things like riding mowers should be included since they are fun to ride around in compared to push mowers.

If they try to enforce that, they are asking for a whole heap of shit going forward. Pretty much anything could be classified under that definition. A bicycle with a squeaky wheel would be in violation. Any car capable of driving on grass would be in violation. Argue those aren't "off-road" vehicles? Fine, I see a large market for modding sedans cropping up in Alachua County.

|

I can do anything, I'm an expert.
MotoTribology.com - Motorcycle Lubrication Education

10/22/2020 7:40 AM

EngIceDave wrote:

While reading, ...more

quadzrulebro wrote:

All the racers moved from California to Florida just in time for Florida to adopt California thinking.

All the nut jobs leave the state they screwed up and move to Texas and Fl to screw them up too. Wish we could put a wall up, lol

|

10/22/2020 8:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2020 8:11 AM

Oh my, would you look at that? This ordinance doesn't apply to legally operated motor vehicles equipped with mufflers....

Sec. 110.05. - Exceptions.
The following uses and activities shall be exempt from noise level regulations as herein described:
(i)Noises from motor vehicles as regulated by F.S. §§ 316.272 and 316.293. quote]

316.272 Exhaust systems, prevention of noise.—
(1) Every motor vehicle shall at all times be equipped with an exhaust system in good working order and in constant operation, including muffler, manifold pipe, and tailpiping to prevent excessive or unusual noise. In no event shall an exhaust system allow noise at a level which exceeds a maximum decibel level to be established by regulation of the Department of Environmental Protection as provided in s. 403.061(11) in cooperation with the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. No person shall use a muffler cutout, bypass or similar device upon a vehicle on a highway.

Off highway vehicles are subject to those statues on public land according to Florida's Uniform Traffic Citation Manual, thereby off-highway motor vehicles are subject to F.S. §§ 316.272 and thereby exempt from noise ordinances as long as they have properly functioning mufflers.

Much ado about nothing

|

I can do anything, I'm an expert.
MotoTribology.com - Motorcycle Lubrication Education

10/22/2020 8:48 AM

EngIceDave wrote:

While reading, ...more

quadzrulebro wrote:

kijen wrote:

All the nut jobs leave the state they screwed up and move to Texas and Fl to screw them up too. Wish we could put a wall up, ...more

Hey hate to put a damper on your fuck California narrative, but it aint just Ca. It's people as a whole. The only reason Ca. has such a bad rap is because we were the first ones to start getting it up the ass by this new generation of everything bothers me pussies. In fact I'd venture that there's a pretty good chance most of these soft ass whiny bitches aren't Ca. natives at all and moved here from somewhere else because the weathers so nice. When we grew up here it was a whole different place. So blame Ca. if you if you want, that's cool. Meanwhile welcome to our neighborhood where a bunch of newbies are showing up and fucking everything up. It's not "California's fault" It's people as a whole. Get used to it. The weathers nice in Fla. I'm sure lots of new pussies are headed your way. If anything be glad the people fleeing out of Ca. are more than likely the more normal ones. All the assholes seem to be coming here while the down to earth normal people that have been here for years are bailing in record numbers. Sorry for the rant I'm just tired of hearing how everything is "Californias" fault. The reason we get a bad rap is because we were the first place these dickwads invaded. It aint Ca., it's people as a whole so get ready cause they're coming like it or not, and they're not all going to be from California. I signed the petition, good luck.

|

10/22/2020 10:21 AM

quadzrulebro wrote:

kijen wrote:

All the nut jobs leave the state they screwed up and move to Texas and Fl to screw them up too. Wish we could put a wall up, ...more

sumdood wrote:

Hey hate to put a damper on your fuck California narrative, but it aint just Ca. It's people as a whole. The only reason Ca. ...more

We can't vote for Pelosi, Feinstein, Harris, Newsom etc. here in Texas, so you may want to dial it back a notch.

Remember "Beto"? Yeah, we don't either.

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

10/22/2020 10:57 AM

I was born in San Diego in 1956. California was small cities and little town separated by lots of open spaces. It was a paradise.

The house that I grew up in was on a cliff overlooking Mission Bay. I could ride my motorcycle in the Canyons behind my house or ride down the hill, get to the railroad tracks, head north or south to open land. I had tracks I built.

People moved in and the land got developed. When you get development you get zoning regulations. Everything changed. The local ranch and farm land became so valuable that it all was sold for housing tracts and buiness parks. They built Interstates 5, 8, 805 and 405. We were boxed in, regulated and outlawed.

When you get influxes of population bringing money you get development, escalating property values and zoning. When you have huge increases in population you get more laws.

People move for jobs, retirement or better climates. People from all over the world come to California everyday.

Population migration is the history of the human race. Texas, Arizona, Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas are no different than California, just getting it a little later. Nobody in the history of the human race has been able to stop it. Better get politically active in your local government and zoning regulations.

|

10/22/2020 11:49 AM

Here in Anne Arundel County, MD they just passed a bill that would make us get written permission from neighbors to ride Dirt Bikes/ATV's/Etc on your own private property if their house is within 300ft of where you're riding. Granted it's a dick move to ride right up on someone's house, it makes it a little muddy when it comes to enforcing the rules. I'd be a little worried regardless of where I was on my property.

But I sent a letter to my County Exec and they told me to kick rocks, as well as many others who wrote in.

|

10/22/2020 6:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2020 6:12 PM

quadzrulebro wrote:

kijen wrote:

sumdood wrote:

Hey hate to put a damper on your fuck California narrative, but it aint just Ca. It's people as a whole. The only reason Ca. ...more

Bashing Californians gets old. I left in 98 to get away from the BS I had to deal with only to end up in the PNW as a 20 year old putting up with peoples fuck California shit. I could've said fuck these PNW punks and bailed but, most of these people who talk shit are pussies themselves and find themselves lost and confused when they realize we're the first to back up a friend in a fight or, be the first to step up to one. I had one dumb ass ask to use my phone to call the cops on me after I said, keep talking shit and I'll beat your ass. And we're dumb? No, it's the individual.
People want to label someone else to feel superior.

|

10/22/2020 6:08 PM

kage173 wrote:

Is there a way to get AMA involved in this? In their ...more

SPYGUY wrote:

Too busy fighting helmet laws.

This made me laugh pretty hard 🤣

|

10/22/2020 6:24 PM

SEEMEFIRST wrote:

We can't vote for Pelosi, Feinstein, Harris, Newsom etc. here in Texas, so you may want to dial it back a notch.

Remember ...more

You must have skipped over the part where he said assholes moved here and made it shit. Those people vote for the people you just said.

|

10/22/2020 7:02 PM

No matter where you go, somebodies always gonna try to stop you from having fun. Just gotta put your middle finger up and keep doing your thing.

|

10/22/2020 7:12 PM

Well then come on back to Bama any time you like!

|

10/22/2020 8:14 PM

Yes it's Bullshit!

|

10/23/2020 5:19 AM

I thought Cali was going bankrupt. Asking for federal bailouts. I guess if your state spends more than it brings in, that’s what happens.

|

10/23/2020 7:12 AM

EngIceDave wrote:

While reading, ...more

Developments just keep getting closer and closer to gatorback. Eventually it’ll be swalllowed up by them and eliminated.

|

GP740
Since 1987

10/23/2020 7:25 AM

EngIceDave wrote:

While reading, ...more

quadzrulebro wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing!

|

10/23/2020 11:44 AM

Thank you for verifying what many think. :-)

|

10/23/2020 9:47 PM

Look at the down votes. LOL, Must have hit the nail on the head. Take away the voter fraud and illegals voting and California would still be business friendly

|

^ Posers (Only Beta's Downvote)
Brapasaurus Rex

10/23/2020 9:54 PM

Doesn't happen. Illegals can't and don't vote. Virtually no voter fraud especially in California. We have strict voter laws. Thats just bullshit from Fox news

|

10/23/2020 11:14 PM

Just fear tactics. It's always the person that looks different that's the bogey man. It's called voter suppression.

|

10/24/2020 9:46 AM

EngIceDave wrote:

While reading, ...more

Dave, Gatorbacks days are numbered. I live about 20 miles west of there. Gainesville is in Alachua County. Alachua is and has been a mostly ag community. Gainesville is experiencing a big growth boom and expanding west and to some extent to the North. Newberry is the closest town to Gatorback, and it is expanding with development east, heading towards Gainesville proper. The homes that are being built are fairly expensive for the area, designed for the younger medical professionals and such. In 10-15 years that ground will be completely developed. The Property values are climbing, the ag use is headed towards my area in Gilchrist county, the next county west of Alachua. When the development comes, people don't want to hear loud noise from exhaust, sitting in there new expensive house. This area of Florida still has a fair amount of rural area and as such, we have the redneck / country boy mentality, which is cut off your cats and mufflers, run straight pipes on your bulldogged truck, ass low, headlights aimed straight up, making them useless. It's a cultural thing. Along with this comes the Side by sides, ATV's, mud trucks,etc. Everything's loud. It's a reality. Alachua is being pro active. There is a large enough push back from the local community in Alachua for the County Commissioners and board members to sponsor this ban. I don't know if this was presented to the local property owners for input but I would expect to some extent it was. There are laws mostly everywhere that state you can't do things on your property that effect your neighbors quality of life or property value. I'm having some of these issues with my neighbors, not relating to M/C's, but out here in the boonies we still have a 6am - 10pm anything goes mentality, so we still have gunfire, boom boom music, etc, all the time. It's a "Does your freedoms take priority over my freedoms" argument. It seems that the Alachua county thing is an extreme way to deal with this growing problem. I don't know if this law will pass a court challenge. I'm downloading the actual language to review, as to better understand just what is and isn't, so to speak. Then i can make a more informed opinion.

|