Do you think any moto guys have a TUE for THC?

theesloth
Edited Date/Time 8/16/2019 3:24pm
And if so, who? Relaxing after a long day of pounding out motos, I mean why not?
Same thing as JS7 having a TUE for an amphetamine that was from a Doc.
|
ktm300hater
8/9/2019 10:35am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/08/09/365413/s1200_images_12.jpg[/img]

SMOKING JOE. Hahaha
Rab
8/9/2019 10:36am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2019 10:13am
Yea, there’s nothing like inhaling smoke after a physically demanding day.

EDIT: I’m joking

The Shop

theesloth
8/9/2019 10:52am
Rab wrote:

Vape pen?
FuzzyLogic
8/9/2019 10:52am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2019 10:53am
Rab wrote:

There is more than one way to use (ingest) it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it would be desirable after a long day of motos. I would be highly surprised if a current racer does have the therapeutic use exemption for it though. I would not be surprised if multiple former racers use it medicinally...or recreationally for that matter.
8/9/2019 11:54am
Idk Motocross riders would never smoke the devils kambucha bush. They're actually practicing yoga and burning candles when you see them locked in their vans between motos
Hank_Thrill
8/9/2019 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2019 12:33pm
Rab wrote:

FuzzyLogic wrote:
There is more than one way to use (ingest) it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it would be desirable after a long day of motos. I...
There is more than one way to use (ingest) it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it would be desirable after a long day of motos. I would be highly surprised if a current racer does have the therapeutic use exemption for it though. I would not be surprised if multiple former racers use it medicinally...or recreationally for that matter.
Any racer would be an idiot to smoke during their professional career. What professional motocross racer probably drinks a 12 pack or 24 pack of beer over the course of their weekly/training race schedule? I doubt anyone running in the top ten does and it would be similar to that person smoking. Those guys are trying to find every advantage they can.

Marijuana impairs judgment, motor coordination, and reaction time. Depending on the dose and frequency, cannabis can also impair learning. This is why people become emotionally and cognitively stunted around the age they begin smoking (this would not apply to mild or occasional use, or people who have fully cognitively developed around the age 25). It can also have secondary impacts on disrupting sleep and emotional health. A lot of people with depression and anxiety smoke because it helps said symptoms, but a meta-analysis of longitudinal studies with sample sizes above 10,000 show symptoms worsen in the long run with cannabis users (control group being people who do not smoke cannabis).
zehn
8/9/2019 12:19pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2019 12:19pm
Any racer would be an idiot to smoke during their professional career. What professional motocross racer probably drinks a 12 pack or 24 pack of beer...
Any racer would be an idiot to smoke during their professional career. What professional motocross racer probably drinks a 12 pack or 24 pack of beer over the course of their weekly/training race schedule? I doubt anyone running in the top ten does and it would be similar to that person smoking. Those guys are trying to find every advantage they can.

Marijuana impairs judgment, motor coordination, and reaction time. Depending on the dose and frequency, cannabis can also impair learning. This is why people become emotionally and cognitively stunted around the age they begin smoking (this would not apply to mild or occasional use, or people who have fully cognitively developed around the age 25). It can also have secondary impacts on disrupting sleep and emotional health. A lot of people with depression and anxiety smoke because it helps said symptoms, but a meta-analysis of longitudinal studies with sample sizes above 10,000 show symptoms worsen in the long run with cannabis users (control group being people who do not smoke cannabis).
I bet you actually believe all that stuff in your second paragraph don't you?
sandtrack315
8/9/2019 12:43pm
Any racer would be an idiot to smoke during their professional career. What professional motocross racer probably drinks a 12 pack or 24 pack of beer...

Actually newer results have shown that these differences are purely due to the fact that depression and anxiety causes people to smoke weed, not vice versa. As of yet there is really no hard evidence that THC is bad for you. Plus the length of time symptoms occur is short enough to smoke the night before a race and be totally fine.
Ingjr1
8/9/2019 12:52pm
I doubt they have an exemption in that it's still against Federal Law.
theesloth
8/9/2019 12:53pm

DUDE!! Have you seen the "Reefer Madness" documentary?!?!?
zehn
8/9/2019 1:03pm
stone881 wrote:
Clinically proven to reduce inflamation and in fact recommended after a concussion in studies. Here are just 2 examples. https://www.concussionalliance.org/blog/2019/2/22/study-medical-marijuana-improves-concussion-symptoms https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/07/080720222549.htm Plenty of very fast guys...
Clinically proven to reduce inflamation and in fact recommended after a concussion in studies. Here are just 2 examples.

https://www.concussionalliance.org/blog/2019/2/22/study-medical-marijua…

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/07/080720222549.htm

Plenty of very fast guys have smoked and ridden/raced, see JLaw for instance.
Or Fro
Doddy
8/9/2019 1:21pm

"Any racer would be an idiot to smoke during their professional career".....You must not have been around in the 90's.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
8/9/2019 3:08pm

Doddy wrote:
"Any racer would be an idiot to smoke during their professional career".....You must not have been around in the 90's.
Or 80s or 70s
Hank_Thrill
8/9/2019 4:33pm
Actually newer results have shown that these differences are purely due to the fact that depression and anxiety causes people to smoke weed, not vice versa...
Actually newer results have shown that these differences are purely due to the fact that depression and anxiety causes people to smoke weed, not vice versa. As of yet there is really no hard evidence that THC is bad for you. Plus the length of time symptoms occur is short enough to smoke the night before a race and be totally fine.
Yes, you are absolutely right. I didn’t say cannabis causes people to have anxiety or depression (though I have worked with people who had severe panic attacks for the first time and thereafter following cannabis use in my clinical practice). What I was saying is that the long term mental health with those who suffer from depression and anxiety worsens in the long run.

I do not think this is a black or white matter. There are legitimate benefits of cannabis. To say THC/marijuana is not harmful makes about as much sense as someone claiming it is completely bad.
Hank_Thrill
8/9/2019 4:35pm
stone881 wrote:
Clinically proven to reduce inflamation and in fact recommended after a concussion in studies. Here are just 2 examples. https://www.concussionalliance.org/blog/2019/2/22/study-medical-marijuana-improves-concussion-symptoms https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/07/080720222549.htm Plenty of very fast guys...
Clinically proven to reduce inflamation and in fact recommended after a concussion in studies. Here are just 2 examples.

Look how J-laws life has turned out. He has lived it on his terms and more power to him. Would you trade your life for his? I wouldn’t trade mine.
Hank_Thrill
8/9/2019 4:40pm
Doddy wrote:
The early 90’s were when I first got into Moto. The racing now is completely different. With the thread of this title containing TUE and THC, which is legal in many states, I was referring to current pros. I doubt there’s any champion in the past ten year who made drinking beer or getting stoned part of their regimented program.
sandtrack315
8/9/2019 5:24pm
Actually newer results have shown that these differences are purely due to the fact that depression and anxiety causes people to smoke weed, not vice versa...
Yes, you are absolutely right. I didn’t say cannabis causes people to have anxiety or depression (though I have worked with people who had severe panic...
Yes, you are absolutely right. I didn’t say cannabis causes people to have anxiety or depression (though I have worked with people who had severe panic attacks for the first time and thereafter following cannabis use in my clinical practice). What I was saying is that the long term mental health with those who suffer from depression and anxiety worsens in the long run.

I do not think this is a black or white matter. There are legitimate benefits of cannabis. To say THC/marijuana is not harmful makes about as much sense as someone claiming it is completely bad.
Can you link me to that paper?
8/9/2019 6:55pm
stone881 wrote:

Look how J-laws life has turned out. He has lived it on his terms and more power to him. Would you trade your life for his...
Look how J-laws life has turned out. He has lived it on his terms and more power to him. Would you trade your life for his? I wouldn’t trade mine.
Ya I don't think it was weed that ruined J-Laws life
cable
8/9/2019 8:16pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2019 8:17pm
Rab wrote:

FuzzyLogic wrote:
There is more than one way to use (ingest) it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it would be desirable after a long day of motos. I...

why do ultra marathoners smoke it? I started reading up on it after the guy that beat me in a mtb race reaked of weed on the podium. hour and 40 min race..
and theres been plenty of supercross and motocrossers on the podium after a night out..
Hank_Thrill
8/9/2019 8:33pm
Ya I don't think it was weed that ruined J-Laws life
I don’t think that either. His life does fit the profile of at-risk adolescents who begin using early on. It’s been a minute since I’ve seen his Instagram videos but he doesn’t seemed to have matured past the age of 20, imo. The research between cannabis and adolescent brain development is very clear.
Hank_Thrill
8/9/2019 8:52pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2019 8:53pm
cable wrote:
why do ultra marathoners smoke it? I started reading up on it after the guy that beat me in a mtb race reaked of weed on...
why do ultra marathoners smoke it? I started reading up on it after the guy that beat me in a mtb race reaked of weed on the podium. hour and 40 min race..
and theres been plenty of supercross and motocrossers on the podium after a night out..
I’m not sure why ultra marathon runners smoke it. I know some cyclist smoke because it has less negative effects than alcohol (I.e., it won’t make you fat). I have a friend from college who is an incredible runner up in Colorado and he smokes heavily.

If I were working with professional athletes in motocross I would advise against it. IMO, at that level, drinking alcohol or ingesting THC during race season would be like an athlete not taking his training seriously. Even when RC was racing part time in 2007, he trained as if he were racing full time. Obviously, to be in shape to win, but he also made a comment about the sport being too dangerous not to be 100% prepared. I believe that applies both physically and mentally.

Roll on

Post a reply to: Do you think any moto guys have a TUE for THC?

The Latest