Do you think Herlings regrets that...

12/9/2019 3:07am
I don’t think so. Coldenhoff has never beaten Herlings over a course of a year & I would lay money on the fact that Coldenhoff hasn’t...
I don’t think so. Coldenhoff has never beaten Herlings over a course of a year & I would lay money on the fact that Coldenhoff hasn’t beaten Herlings straight up when he’s started behind him.

The 4 races at the MXON’s, Coldenhoff got better starts Herlings. I doubt Glen could go through the field like Jeffrey can.
The only time Coldenhoff beat herlings was when they were on the same team at the nations. So Jeffrey didn't have any reason to push like he normally does...
12/9/2019 3:21am
Park Boys wrote:
As soon as Roczen left Europe Herlings became the crown prince of the GPs. He has dominated the headlines ever since so I’d say from that...
As soon as Roczen left Europe Herlings became the crown prince of the GPs. He has dominated the headlines ever since so I’d say from that perspective no. When he retires I’m sure he will explain it all honestly why he stayed.
mxb2 wrote:
$ and top dog in europe. In the states he wdnt be top dog unless he could win at sx.
So are you saying Tomac isn’t top dog in the US then?
12/9/2019 3:35am
Park Boys wrote:
As soon as Roczen left Europe Herlings became the crown prince of the GPs. He has dominated the headlines ever since so I’d say from that...
As soon as Roczen left Europe Herlings became the crown prince of the GPs. He has dominated the headlines ever since so I’d say from that perspective no. When he retires I’m sure he will explain it all honestly why he stayed.
mxb2 wrote:
$ and top dog in europe. In the states he wdnt be top dog unless he could win at sx.
Well he isn't at supercross is he, if that's the standard you're applying. All he's won in SX is one west coast championship 7 years ago.
12/9/2019 3:55am
Beeby wrote:
World champion or national champion... which would you rather tell your grandkids you were?
kkawboy14 wrote:
SX Champion
An FIM WORLD Championship

The Shop

Ray_MXS
12/9/2019 4:24am
Beeby wrote:
World champion or national champion... which would you rather tell your grandkids you were?
kkawboy14 wrote:
SX Champion
Sheriff245 wrote:
Yeah isn't it stupid they call it that
Beeby
12/9/2019 5:05am
Beeby wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
SX Champion
Sheriff245 wrote:
In a two wheeled sport Herlings does not do.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
12/9/2019 5:21am
JohnnyD13 wrote:
I’ve always heard the top guys in the US get paid better then the guys in the GPS. Maybe cause our season is longer
JH84 & AC222 are on the same money as the guys in the US, Pit Beirer said it in an interview a couple of years back.
Even if their base pay is similar, I’ve heard some race bonus numbers thrown around and they aren’t as high as they are over here (mostly wins in SX being higher). And between SX/MX season there’s more races that pay high level bonuses. While the MXGP racers do race a lot with their national championships thrown in (like Dutch or British), those events don’t pay out nearly as high bonuses. Lastly, the gear deals there are majority team deals, not individual. So the riders aren’t pocketing as much guaranteed money.
mxb2
12/9/2019 6:57am
Park Boys wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Well who is then? Tomac has won at sx, and 3 outdoor titles, most wins titles,last years of any rider in the world.last 3 years. Dont let any facts get in the way. Tomac is way closer to herlings speed, than herlings would be at sx.
12/9/2019 7:14am
mxb2 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Well who is then? Tomac has won at sx, and 3 outdoor titles, most wins titles,last years of any rider in the world.last 3 years. Dont...
Well who is then? Tomac has won at sx, and 3 outdoor titles, most wins titles,last years of any rider in the world.last 3 years. Dont let any facts get in the way. Tomac is way closer to herlings speed, than herlings would be at sx.
My point being that you said JH would only be top dog if he wins at SX. So thats the standard is it? In which case, WHO is top dog in the US at the moment?
Are you saying, the US currently doesn't have a top-dog because not one person is winning indoors AND out??

On a different note, Kinda stating the obvious about Eli vs JH Supercross speed... That happens when one of them isn't training for the discipline. But it would only take a season or so to get up to speed.
mxb2
12/9/2019 7:20am
mxb2 wrote:
Well who is then? Tomac has won at sx, and 3 outdoor titles, most wins titles,last years of any rider in the world.last 3 years. Dont...
My point being that you said JH would only be top dog if he wins at SX. So thats the standard is it? In which case...
My point being that you said JH would only be top dog if he wins at SX. So thats the standard is it? In which case, WHO is top dog in the US at the moment?
Are you saying, the US currently doesn't have a top-dog because not one person is winning indoors AND out??

On a different note, Kinda stating the obvious about Eli vs JH Supercross speed... That happens when one of them isn't training for the discipline. But it would only take a season or so to get up to speed.
Yep and tomac would win races in the gp series, he has proven he can beat the top guys in the world at both sx,mx,. The gp guys havent. It took marv,. Kroc a few years to figure it out.
ayearinmx
12/9/2019 9:07am
Roczen won a 250SX in his first year.... and he also won his first 450SX at A1 in 2014

Musquin won a 250SX in his second year.... and he got 3x 2nd place in his first 450SX season and then won 2 races in his second

at least according to RacerXvault Roczen... Musquin but sure, "a few years" suits your argument better
mxb2
12/9/2019 9:11am
ayearinmx wrote:
Roczen won a 250SX in his first year.... and he also won his first 450SX at A1 in 2014 Musquin won a 250SX in his second...
Roczen won a 250SX in his first year.... and he also won his first 450SX at A1 in 2014

Musquin won a 250SX in his second year.... and he got 3x 2nd place in his first 450SX season and then won 2 races in his second

at least according to RacerXvault Roczen... Musquin but sure, "a few years" suits your argument better
Ok fair enough, i guess i should have said. Being consistent title contenders. That being said tomac is the best usa rider, mx,sx combined , Gajser is the best mxgp guy. Since the usa does 2 series.
fanger
12/9/2019 12:57pm
Gotta admire herlings for not getting drawn to the lure of sx, smartest thing he ever did was stay in Europe. He has made the GP’s the top mx series in the world and makes good money racing a somewha more relaxed schedule. Not to mention he wads himself enough on a mx track, hate to see the injuries he’d get if he had a go at sx.

Personally I view tomac and gang as the better riders because sx is fucking insane, but herlings is hands down the best mx racer on the planet.
mayzo
12/10/2019 1:39am
I’m sure having a Trophy on the mantle that’s says,
“World Champion“ as opposed to just “National Champion feels a little better.
12/11/2019 11:07am Edited Date/Time 12/11/2019 11:09am
mxb2 wrote:
My point being that you said JH would only be top dog if he wins at SX. So thats the standard is it? In which case...

mxb2 wrote:
Yep and tomac would win races in the gp series, he has proven he can beat the top guys in the world at both sx,mx,. The...
Yep and tomac would win races in the gp series, he has proven he can beat the top guys in the world at both sx,mx,. The gp guys havent. It took marv,. Kroc a few years to figure it out.
Tomac has proven he can beat them on home tracks , how many moto's has he won outside USA ?
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
12/11/2019 12:16pm
I have never been to Europe, so I have no idea what the motocross scene is like there.

How does it compare to the United States? Are there any metrics comparing the number of riders there compared to USA? How about comparing the number of fans in Europe compared to USA?

I know the GP series also has some random races in Asian countries as well. How many fans are in those places?
12/11/2019 12:28pm
I don’t think so. Coldenhoff has never beaten Herlings over a course of a year & I would lay money on the fact that Coldenhoff hasn’t...
I don’t think so. Coldenhoff has never beaten Herlings over a course of a year & I would lay money on the fact that Coldenhoff hasn’t beaten Herlings straight up when he’s started behind him.

The 4 races at the MXON’s, Coldenhoff got better starts Herlings. I doubt Glen could go through the field like Jeffrey can.
The only time Coldenhoff beat herlings was when they were on the same team at the nations. So Jeffrey didn't have any reason to push like...
The only time Coldenhoff beat herlings was when they were on the same team at the nations. So Jeffrey didn't have any reason to push like he normally does...
I would never agree to that statement.
Herlings was visibly upset by placing behind Glen.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
12/11/2019 12:41pm
philG wrote:
My reply to that is 'Do you think Roczen regrets only winning one Championship before coming to the US'
I thought your reply was "nope" Tongue

Herlings does not strike me as a guy with a lot of regrets. Maybe riding an 80 that time...
mxb2
12/11/2019 12:52pm

mxb2 wrote:
Yep and tomac would win races in the gp series, he has proven he can beat the top guys in the world at both sx,mx,. The...
Mugeneco wrote:
Tomac has proven he can beat them on home tracks , how many moto's has he won outside USA ?
None, so far. . but he would if he went over for a gp.race.
12/11/2019 2:10pm
CM_84 wrote:
Of course he would, he has never really raced it, where as the others have been racing SX for a long time. All the guys you...
Of course he would, he has never really raced it, where as the others have been racing SX for a long time.
All the guys you mentioned would get destroyed on an Endurocross track by the top guys too.
Because IT’S A DIFFERENT DISCIPLINE!
Yep, 2 diff disciplines which makes it that much more amazing the US dominated SX and MX for decades until recently.

The USA's record # of MXdN wins will never be touched most likely just as they will remain the SX kings. Amazing.

Herlings is of the Motocross discipline so it's doubted he regrets not switching to the SX discipline.
12/11/2019 8:20pm
RichieW13 wrote:
I have never been to Europe, so I have no idea what the motocross scene is like there. How does it compare to the United States...
I have never been to Europe, so I have no idea what the motocross scene is like there.

How does it compare to the United States? Are there any metrics comparing the number of riders there compared to USA? How about comparing the number of fans in Europe compared to USA?

I know the GP series also has some random races in Asian countries as well. How many fans are in those places?
Remember Europe isn't a place but a continent made up of individual countries. The GPs in Asian countries etc may seem random but it's a world championship after all and not a European one.

Dunno about the number of fans in comparison to US but I'd say the UK local races do get more spectators turning up to watch in comparison, at least in Southern California where I've ridden a lot. BTW I know Thousand Oaks well (Thousand Jokes right? lol)

Post a reply to: Do you think Herlings regrets that...

The Latest