yamahaha131
Edited Date/Time 12/24/2021 2:29pm
Poll

Do you listen to Pulp MX and/or Whiskey Throttle

Choices
|
diz330
11/26/2020 12:43pm
i like both but have more respect for Steve as a journalist/host. I don't like how PING crapped on vitards for years then accepts job there. Also on the whisky throttle has anyone noticed how often pingrees response after a long winded answer from the guest is ... "thats crazy" ..... "crazy" is his go to word after almost any answer. must be 5-10 times per guest. annoying.
hypermoto
11/26/2020 1:23pm
So far more people listen to neither than listen to just Whiskey Throttle...
BigBoreFan58
11/26/2020 1:54pm
I listen to most of Matthes content, but not PULP, it's too damn long and I hate searching through through five hours to find the one guest I'm interested in. It needs a table of contents IMO. I like Matthes when he's one on one with a guest. His two parter with Dave Arnold is a classic. I like the back and forth between JT and Matthes and Weege, it's entertaining. JT is one smart dude when to comes to Motocross IMO.

I listened to the first five or so WT shows them I quit for some reason. They're pretty damn long also.

The Shop

11/26/2020 2:02pm
Big fan of WTS here.
I can’t put my finger on it, but Matthes annoys me.
I’m well aware this is an unpopular opinion.
Agreed. I don’t know what it is about the guy but I just can’t stand him
ATKpilot99
11/26/2020 2:04pm
I listen to most of Matthes content, but not PULP, it's too damn long and I hate searching through through five hours to find the one...
I listen to most of Matthes content, but not PULP, it's too damn long and I hate searching through through five hours to find the one guest I'm interested in. It needs a table of contents IMO. I like Matthes when he's one on one with a guest. His two parter with Dave Arnold is a classic. I like the back and forth between JT and Matthes and Weege, it's entertaining. JT is one smart dude when to comes to Motocross IMO.

I listened to the first five or so WT shows them I quit for some reason. They're pretty damn long also.

That's my problem with both . Too damn long.
11/26/2020 2:09pm
Pulp is my go to. I gave WT a few listens but like it was mentioned several times in....uh...... another thread, GL interrupts too much and i don't find ping that great either. like anything else though its just personal preference.
MotofactioN
11/26/2020 2:11pm
I’m a pulp guy. I’ve been listening for about 5 years and it never gets old to me. I have no problem with how long they are, in fact, longer would be okay with me. I never listen to the whole thing in one go anyways, unless I’m really busy at work or doing something long in the garage.
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
11/26/2020 2:24pm
No such thing a too long. I see pulp less then 5 hrs and I’m disappointed
tobz
11/26/2020 2:35pm
Big fan of WTS here.
I can’t put my finger on it, but Matthes annoys me.
I’m well aware this is an unpopular opinion.
Agreed. I don’t know what it is about the guy but I just can’t stand him
And that's completely fine, i get sad when ML is the co-host of the show, for the same reason. I'm sure your able to put your opinions out on this board without any retribution at all Laughing Matthes is a polarising character and if the show isn't your thing then your lucky were treated with a variety of other podcasts to fill the void.

I enjoy it, not normally live as I like to skip the odd guests (or even a particular co-host) and other parts of the show. But Steve keeps things fluid, even if your not agreeing with his opinion at that time it's still enjoyable to listen to (for me anyway).

As far as the WTS, Ping is similar to Matthes in having very strong opinions, and if they're different, that's fine, he still makes great talk. But Langston just makes the show unbearable. They've had an abundance of shows with great guests only to have GL completely ruin it. Narcissism at it's finest with the interruptions about himself. I try to get into it whenever a good guest comes around but I never make it through 1/4 of the show before moving onto something else.
11/26/2020 2:52pm Edited Date/Time 11/26/2020 3:00pm
I will go out of my way to make sure I do NOT listen, support, or even click anything that would benefit ping. Talked shit on vital for years but when he got canned from racer x and needed the money, he gets hired by vital(horrible hire btw) and now depends on us to click and read his trash.

To the powers at vital, y’all couldn’t have found anyone better? Than ping? I mean Jesus.. kinda embarrassing to be associated with the guy if you ask me... atleast after he roasted VitalMx and it’s users for years..
Huey497
11/26/2020 2:56pm
I listen to almost all the Pulp content. It feels like I know Steve and his usual co-hosts even though I’ve never met them. Well, most of them anyhow. I grab a WTS maybe once every couple months depending on the guest. I’ve always liked Ping, but he’s started to rub me the wrong way lately which is fine. To each there own. I do really like Ping’s bike builds and his @ping column. GL used to seem like a good dude and he does a good job with the Nationals, but he seems like a dick anymore and he’s annoying on WTS.
dpingree101
11/26/2020 3:12pm
I will go out of my way to make sure I do NOT listen, support, or even click anything that would benefit ping. Talked shit on...
I will go out of my way to make sure I do NOT listen, support, or even click anything that would benefit ping. Talked shit on vital for years but when he got canned from racer x and needed the money, he gets hired by vital(horrible hire btw) and now depends on us to click and read his trash.

To the powers at vital, y’all couldn’t have found anyone better? Than ping? I mean Jesus.. kinda embarrassing to be associated with the guy if you ask me... atleast after he roasted VitalMx and it’s users for years..
I actually left Racer X, didn’t get fired. Happy Thanksgiving!
yamahaha131
11/26/2020 3:39pm
I will go out of my way to make sure I do NOT listen, support, or even click anything that would benefit ping. Talked shit on...

The irony that people are shitting on you for shitting on them for shitting on things they probably don’t have inside info about on the site you work for and shit on the users (past tense shat?) 😁

All good fun. Thank you for your public service Ping, contribution to whatever moto outlet and I think most moto fans enjoyed you on Pulp and current ventures.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

11/26/2020 3:46pm

So since you wanna talk about what happened at racer x, why don’t we talk about all the shit you’ve talked about vital and the members over the years? Anything you’d like to add to that?
RACERX69
11/26/2020 3:53pm

So since you wanna talk about what happened at racer x, why don’t we talk about all the shit you’ve talked about vital and the members...
So since you wanna talk about what happened at racer x, why don’t we talk about all the shit you’ve talked about vital and the members over the years? Anything you’d like to add to that?
I'm thinking the shit Ping talked on vital members in the past was probably deserved.
Donkey Kong
11/26/2020 3:53pm
diz330 wrote:
i like both but have more respect for Steve as a journalist/host. I don't like how PING crapped on vitards for years then accepts job there...
i like both but have more respect for Steve as a journalist/host. I don't like how PING crapped on vitards for years then accepts job there. Also on the whisky throttle has anyone noticed how often pingrees response after a long winded answer from the guest is ... "thats crazy" ..... "crazy" is his go to word after almost any answer. must be 5-10 times per guest. annoying.
We are vitards tho
11/26/2020 4:10pm
Stopped all moto pocasts abiut 1yr ago. Realized listening to peoples opinions was meaningless and not worth my time.
11/26/2020 4:13pm
Seems the opinions are all quite similar..
I love all things Pulp, I listen to almost everything they put out, regardless of who is on.
Whiskey throttle can be good depending on the guest, I love GL but his interrupting and leading the story off track gets frustrating sometimes, still listen if I’m interested in the guest!
11/26/2020 4:44pm

Even vital members shit on vital members so I wouldn't worry about what they say. I usually ignore threads like these, but I'll jump in to say I like both pulpmx and the Whiskey Throttle Show.
WillyB
11/26/2020 5:22pm
Both shows are good. Makes this working from home BS manageable.
Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
11/26/2020 5:23pm
Pulpmx is 100% my go to but I do listen to the WTS at times when the guest interests me. I like the diversity of pulpmx products much more, keeps e more entertained. The PMX show is more of a new show with more reporting on the state of racing.
WTS is very different, It's a 1-guest show. The episodes I was interested in listening to were very good; in 4-5 hours with the same person you get them to open and say a lot of things.

DMXS Radio crew were the innovators, Dave & Kevin (and Brian in the back room) created "moto podcast". The boys from down in the ATL are excellent radio guys, great humor, that was the show, and the best moto party of the SX year (the best MX was the Morgantown one).

Pulpmx brought a different style but was directly competing with DMXS, same type of show, maybe a different more older demo at the time, mix of news, rumors, post-race stuff, interviews. Matthes brought the live calls from the fans which DMXS didn't have.

I see WTS more of a competition to DMXS nowadays, more interview focused.

So, my fav, DMXS & Pulpmxshow and then depending on who's on, WTS. For exemple, I am not interested in listening to a Baja truck driver for 4 hours. Even though I am sure that if you're into truck racing, it's surely interesting.
Moto520
11/26/2020 5:31pm
It’s free content and they are both great for someone that loves everything motocross.
Donkey Kong
11/26/2020 5:49pm
Started watching the Whiskey Throttle Show with Mitch Payton and the producer interrupts and interjects every 30 seconds. It's almost unwatchable.
MotofactioN
11/26/2020 6:00pm

The irony that people are shitting on you for shitting on them for shitting on things they probably don’t have inside info about on the site...
The irony that people are shitting on you for shitting on them for shitting on things they probably don’t have inside info about on the site you work for and shit on the users (past tense shat?) 😁

All good fun. Thank you for your public service Ping, contribution to whatever moto outlet and I think most moto fans enjoyed you on Pulp and current ventures.

Stop ball gargling Pinch
8tensolutions
11/26/2020 6:04pm
Stopped all moto pocasts abiut 1yr ago. Realized listening to peoples opinions was meaningless and not worth my time.
Yet you are on a forum lol.
FerCzD
11/26/2020 6:09pm Edited Date/Time 11/26/2020 6:11pm
Never listened to any of them. Can't work with background noise/music/podcast. I use noise cancelling earmuffs while I'm at the computer working. I only like to hear my breathing.

All the moto related content I read is vitalmx forum and observations column while the season is going.

Edit: and pit bits, never miss pit bits.
yamahaha131
11/26/2020 6:29pm
The irony that people are shitting on you for shitting on them for shitting on things they probably don’t have inside info about on the site...

Stop ball gargling Pinch
Gargle gargle 🤷🏻‍♂️

Post a reply to: Do you listen to either moto podcast?

The Latest