Do you like your Kreft Moto Set-up?

Nt141
I have a 2019 350sx-f that I have been struggling to comfortable on for one reason only. The forks. I love every other part of the bike and am willing to spend some money on it to fix the forks but I'm not cool enough for Cone Valves. So my question is how good is the Kreft set up? Is it close to as good as Yamaha suspension? How effective is the Revalve Control?
|
PTshox
10/9/2019 11:47am
You may want to also look at the MXTech lucky cartridges for that fork.... Drop in kinda deal you can install yourself.
183Matt
Fantasy
1637th
10/9/2019 1:37pm
The Kreft system is pretty dang good. I wouldn't hesitate to use Kreft for services or any of their products. I had it in a previous KTM bike and highly recommend it for making the AER fork better. I have the MX Tech Lucky kit in both of my bikes now (18 KTM 350xcf and 19 450 FC) and it is a fantastic upgrade.

For me, the only downside to the Kreft system is it still uses air, but the midvalve (revalve) adjustement is so awesome. And the only down side to the MX Tech Lucky is the rebound adjuster is directly below the handlebars on the tops of the forks, and you have to use an allen key to adjust. I run my bars at stock height so getting an allen in there is a PITA.
MelonFan123
10/9/2019 1:56pm
Ha! I just resurrected an old thread about Kreft. Didn't see this new one started.

Kennyfreemoney - which bike/forks do you have? AER? I'm looking to improve my WP Xplor forks and shock. It works great for the slow speed stuff, but way too soft when you start riding aggressive or in faster-paced terrain.

The Shop

10/9/2019 1:59pm
Ha! I just resurrected an old thread about Kreft. Didn't see this new one started. Kennyfreemoney - which bike/forks do you have? AER? I'm looking to...
Ha! I just resurrected an old thread about Kreft. Didn't see this new one started.

Kennyfreemoney - which bike/forks do you have? AER? I'm looking to improve my WP Xplor forks and shock. It works great for the slow speed stuff, but way too soft when you start riding aggressive or in faster-paced terrain.
2017 TX300 - AER48 Forks. From what I’ve hear about the Xplor forks, ANYTHING will make those better. you definitelly wont be disappointed. My forks dont have the full revalve control, Just a standard revalve from Kreft
racerxx276
10/9/2019 2:00pm
I'd rather put the $1000 into the MX tech Luckys and move them to my next bike than throw away the $1000+ revalve
when I sell the bike...
MelonFan123
10/9/2019 3:29pm
Kenny - agreed, any attention put into the Xplor suspension (especially the forks) should do wonders over stock.

racerxxx276 - I see your point, but I really like the idea of the external valving adjustability on the Kreft RC. Plus, I don't anticipate selling this particular bike anytime soon (500 EXC) so swapping a drop in cartridge to another bike really isn't a concern of mine.
Superdave19
10/9/2019 4:18pm
I have a very good friend that had his done from Kreft and he’s been struggling with it. He’s a c/d Vet. I rode it as well and I told him to send it back...Gotta be something wrong
erik_94COBRA
10/10/2019 8:20am
Had Enzo revalve my 19 KTM 450 and it works great. Can’t imagine spending double with Kreft and still having air. Spring forks do improve corner feel and comfort, and are worth the money.
MelonFan123
10/10/2019 10:09am
Had Enzo revalve my 19 KTM 450 and it works great. Can’t imagine spending double with Kreft and still having air. Spring forks do improve corner...
Had Enzo revalve my 19 KTM 450 and it works great. Can’t imagine spending double with Kreft and still having air. Spring forks do improve corner feel and comfort, and are worth the money.
Comparing a simple revalve to the full Kreft kit is not apples to apples. I think the benefit of the Revolve Control is you can adjust the valving externally. You're not stuck with just the one setting and hoping it works. For my application (offroad) this is big because I trail ride my bike in slow technical stuff but also race it in GPs and desert, so I need to address a wide range.

For your bike and suspension (AER 48) theres a vid on Racer X of Ping testing Kreft on a Husky 450 and he raved about it. That being said, Enzo does great stuff and I'm sure your stuff works awesome for half the price. Always good to have options!
twhig
10/10/2019 10:16am
I’ve had a full revalve front and rear with Kreft. We did revalve control on the front as well. For an air set up, I could not be more happy. This was done on 2018 Husky TC 250 set up for moto.
Mx_247
10/10/2019 10:44am
MelonFan123- 100% agreed, Revalve Control is amazing. So cool to be able to adjust valving yourself from the bottom of your fork with a 12mm in order to accommodate different rides, riders, or current conditions. You can maintain the lighter weight AER advantage while adjusting air for ride height, compression for feel and RC (revalve) for firmness is pretty slick. Oh yeah slick, did their microfinish as well and it definitely helped reduce the stiction big time.
True. Really good quality spring forks will be better but only if set up correctly for you. If you have the time to nail it down and generally run the same type of terrain/tracks and have the money it's the way to go for sure. Also, you can pull the revalve setup out as you can with spring cartridges for resale etc.
erik_94COBRA
10/11/2019 4:38am
Had Enzo revalve my 19 KTM 450 and it works great. Can’t imagine spending double with Kreft and still having air. Spring forks do improve corner...
Comparing a simple revalve to the full Kreft kit is not apples to apples. I think the benefit of the Revolve Control is you can adjust...
Comparing a simple revalve to the full Kreft kit is not apples to apples. I think the benefit of the Revolve Control is you can adjust the valving externally. You're not stuck with just the one setting and hoping it works. For my application (offroad) this is big because I trail ride my bike in slow technical stuff but also race it in GPs and desert, so I need to address a wide range.

For your bike and suspension (AER 48) theres a vid on Racer X of Ping testing Kreft on a Husky 450 and he raved about it. That being said, Enzo does great stuff and I'm sure your stuff works awesome for half the price. Always good to have options!
The Revalve Control is a really clever design and if you ride varied disciplines (MX/offroad/etc) with the same bike then it could absolutely make sense However, really it allows you to adjust your midvalve float externally. Useful and noticeable change I'm sure, but float is only one dimension of your overall fork valving.

Two side notes: I was going to have Kreft revalve my '17 TC250 at one point since they have a rep of being good with WP. Asked them for recommendations on clicker settings for stock components so that I could give them useful feedback on what the bike did in a known configuration. They wouldn't give any. Oh well.

Also, have had Enzo do my last 5 sets of suspension (4 WP, 1 Showa). All have been exactly what I was looking for with maybe a few clicker changes (MX specific). Most of these revalves have been in the $500 range.

Post a reply to: Do you like your Kreft Moto Set-up?

The Latest