Do you know someone like this?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/11/2019 11:47 AM

I'm wondering if you guys have or know friends like this.

Buy's a new bike every year or so blings it to the max. Proceeds to tell anyone who will listen on how to dail in your bike. But when they finally do come out to the track to ride on a practice day.

Can be seen doing like one lap of practice and then in the middle of the session. Just pull over to like the middle of the track and just watch until the practice is over.

There's a guy we know like this and me n my friends gave him the nickname one lap.

|

7/11/2019 11:52 AM

There was some pretty funny stuff from tye1138 on thumpertalk several years back..

|

7/11/2019 11:55 AM

byke wrote:

There was some pretty funny stuff from tye1138 on thumpertalk several years back..

Ha I was just thinking about that dude the other day. I wish his blog was still going, that stuff was classic.

Anyway, I ended up googling him and it looks like he's a furry now... so that makes a lot more sense.

|

7/11/2019 12:02 PM

Lol wat?? Uhhh...pretty sure he's going to end up in jail for something something lude and lascivious something something under 14....

|

7/11/2019 12:07 PM

Oh yeah, one comes to mind. He needs a TTR 125, not a YZ 450.

|

7/11/2019 12:12 PM

Marketing can be a powerful thing.

|

7/11/2019 12:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2019 12:18 PM

I support those guys fully, how else is Team Craigslist/Ebay/Flea Market Racing supposed to find killer deals on respectable race bikes.

|

7/11/2019 12:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2019 12:49 PM

I know a guy like this. He has some money and gets a new bike every year. You'll be riding around the track and all of a sudden he passes you. Then like half a lap later you get passed again - what the fuck? He's been cutting the track the entire time just to pass you lol. I like the guy and it's actually fun to ride with him but I've never seen him do an entire complete lap. I'll admit if the track is shit and I'm worn out I'll do a few laps and pull over myself.

|

7/11/2019 1:20 PM

yep! They absolutely love the idea of motocross but they don't actually love to ride. At least these guys give to the sport so i'm all good with this type of rider. If that person gets enjoyment out of what he does and how he does it.....good for him.

Yes.....we all know a guy like this. They always have a 450 when they should be on a 250f

|

7/11/2019 1:20 PM

If thats how he enjoys riding then let him. Who cares.

|

7/11/2019 1:23 PM

kb228 wrote:

If thats how he enjoys riding then let him. Who cares.

Yep

|

Ed Johnson

7/11/2019 1:40 PM

We call that guy "The fastest guy on the truck."

In reality though, if you are happy with how much you ride or how fast who cares.

|

7/11/2019 1:51 PM

My buddy does a slightly different version. First time we went riding together l was totally done riding before he even got his gear on. He'd visited every person in the pits whether he knew them or not but l got three twenty minutes motos in and would have usually been totally done. We'd been there two and a half hours by the time he was resdy to ride.

Regardless l decided to do a session with him and that's when l found out that he was a track cutter too!!! Nice guy, good rider but our "practice styles" were wildly different. We always met at the track after that.

|

7/11/2019 2:01 PM

I wish I had friends like this....none of my close friends ride.

|

7/11/2019 3:18 PM

If you can’t go wFo for the whole Moto, might as well have sum pimp sh*t. All about what pushes yer buttons

|

Current rides-
1988 RM250
2019 KX450

7/11/2019 3:20 PM

I love those guys. I try to buy their used bikes every chance I get.

|

7/11/2019 3:23 PM

I am that guy.

|

7/11/2019 3:35 PM

I know a D class rider who has bikes tricker than any factory bike.
Every year.
Back in early 2000s he had a CR 250 with an engine and cases polished to a mirror finish.
Same for the frame. Looked like chrome.

Bars, levers, etc. It was never ridden. Ever. Not even in the dunes but he had a wheel with a 10 paddle for it.

He spent hours polishing and cleaning with toothbushes on his ridden bikes.
You could eat off a wheel hub.

On his 450 the motor was polished mirror finish also.

I asked him, do you polish the inside of the cases also?

|

7/11/2019 3:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2019 5:37 PM

And then there is the guy with the grody bike that is only washed if it gets ridden through a puddle, but the guy smokes everyone without even breaking a sweat.

|

7/11/2019 4:03 PM

What about the skinny bastard with the clapper that does a 40 minute moto like it means nothing. Gear doesn’t match, tire is bald, just smoked a jimmy, boot buckles broken, ugly wife. Fast as hell with a bike that goes “ click click click tick tick click.” Asks me why i have anodized brake caps as i’m whining about my blisters.

We all know that guy too

|

7/11/2019 4:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2019 4:36 PM

I’ve got a buddy that spends as much on aftermarket shit as he does on the bike. Then spends more time bolting on goodies than he does riding and sells at fire sale prices when he doesn’t win. The biggest problem is he always rides the brands that I have no interest in.

|

7/11/2019 4:47 PM

Beginner and C class have the most tricked out bikes. Same guys that turn around and keep trying the triple, instead of charging a rutted corner over and over, working the front brake. Graphics way more important.

|

7/11/2019 4:52 PM

Moto520 wrote:

What about the skinny bastard with the clapper that does a 40 minute moto like it means nothing. Gear doesn’t match, tire is bald, just smoked a jimmy, boot buckles broken, ugly wife. Fast as hell with a bike that goes “ click click click tick tick click.” Asks me why i have anodized brake caps as i’m whining about my blisters.

We all know that guy too

There is a dude that smoked some friends of mine in work boots. These friends have been to Loretta's. What I have noticed with these type Moto520, there give a shit meter never been plugged up.

|

7/11/2019 5:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2019 5:08 PM

Moto520 wrote:

We all know that guy too

Best ever...."'Ugly wife ". I laughed for a good minute on that.

|

7/11/2019 5:08 PM

I just like to ride around town with my bike all pimped out in the back of my truck..you know, just to look cool. Chicks dig that...

|

"A rule is a rule and without rules, there is Chaos"....Cosmo Kramer

7/11/2019 5:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2019 5:19 PM

There is always the guy with money and no talent. I worked for a guy who had tons of money (house on the water, back to future car amongst other cars, hot wife way out of his league, etc), and I see a nice guitar and amp in his garage in perfect condition. Being that I play guitar, I strike up a conversation about guitars, and he tells me, "I don't know how to play. I wanted to learn so I bought the guitar but never learned."

|

7/11/2019 5:20 PM

Moto520 wrote:

We all know that guy too

Yep, and they are usually scary to ride around because you never know what they are going to do.

|

7/11/2019 5:21 PM

theprizefighter wrote:

There is always the guy with money and no talent. I worked for a guy who had tons of money (house on the water, back to future car amongst other cars, hot wife way out of his league, etc), and I see a nice guitar and amp in his garage in perfect condition. Being that I play guitar, I strike up a conversation about guitars, and he tells me, "I don't know how to play. I wanted to learn so I bought the guitar but never learned."

Just seen Gilmour's guitar collection went for over $20 million. Some awesome stuff.

|

7/11/2019 5:32 PM

Each for their own and as long as they spend dollars supporting the industry then all good.

|

7/11/2019 5:39 PM

theprizefighter wrote:

LowBidder wrote:

Just seen Gilmour's guitar collection went for over $20 million. Some awesome stuff.

Yeah, pretty cool. Definitely some classic rock history there, and he's one of my favorite guitar players.

|