Do you guys follow Ryan Hughes on Twitter?

Trent179
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:54am
Ryan Hughes @rynoglobal 22h

That's Stewart's whole problem does not use his feet controlling the bike at the lowest point like villopoto

I think it's funny when he tweets stuff like this and talking about Bubba needing to lock his hips. I don't know, Ryno just acts kinda Mel Gibson crazy sometimes. His hatred for the neck braces are epic too.
|
1/15/2012 7:51pm
It has to do with Stew riding flat footed too often. Ryno thinks RV's foot placement offers a better way to distribute weight effectively.
Frodad78
1/15/2012 7:52pm
haha yeah he is pretty eccentric at times. Yesterday he was blowin up about the 49ers "WEST COAST!!" stuff like that... Today he was yelling about the Boys in Blue, Giants going to the Super Bowl.. I was like wha?? change your mind already?? haha
Trent179
1/15/2012 7:56pm
I guess I kinda think like.... Stewart knows how to ride better than Hughes.

The Shop

Trent179
1/15/2012 7:58pm

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

@Hapa21 1st place no brace..haha but he does look much better !
ocscottie
1/15/2012 8:06pm
He comes up with some real zingers lol

Wow what a difference ! @elitomac after he took the brace off looks like a new rider !
1/15/2012 8:08pm
Trent179 wrote:
Probably. But you gotta remember you don't have to ride faster than someone to see their bad habits.
Plenty of great coaches out there that can't actually do it themselves but know what's good...
redrider400
1/15/2012 8:12pm
Trent179 wrote:
Ryan Hughes @rynoglobal 22h That's Stewart's whole problem does not use his feet controlling the bike at the lowest point like villopoto I think it's funny...

That's Stewart's whole problem does not use his feet controlling the bike at the lowest point like villopoto

I think it's funny when he tweets stuff like this and talking about Bubba needing to lock his hips. I don't know, Ryno just acts kinda Mel Gibson crazy sometimes. His hatred for the neck braces are epic too.
I follow him because I think his tweets are comical. He seems almost borderline retarded sometimes. I'm not hating, because he was one of my favorites growing up, but you can definitely tell he was "homskuled".
MX4EVR
1/15/2012 8:21pm
If he would of finished in front of Emig then I would give a look, common, he thinks he can tell bubba a thing or two? Please
jmar
1/15/2012 8:27pm
Ryan is one of those ex riders that can't stand being out of the spotlight.
1/15/2012 8:35pm
MX4EVR wrote:
If he would of finished in front of Emig then I would give a look, common, he thinks he can tell bubba a thing or two...
If he would of finished in front of Emig then I would give a look, common, he thinks he can tell bubba a thing or two? Please
Common u kant be sirius.
Crush
1/15/2012 8:45pm
I do think it's funny cause Ryno was known as a bit of a crasher, but it doesn't mean he is wrong...

Everyone riding vid or book says ride on the balls of your feet... Ping, MC, Ryno, Gary Bailey, Semics etc...
tobz
1/15/2012 9:31pm

Speaks for itself.
TY6
1/15/2012 9:31pm
Ryno is right about Stewart's feet positioning, he does ride on his heels which hinders his weight transferral. Villopoto is kind of the opposite where he rides towards his toes on the footpegs. There was a write up at he start of last SX season from Emig i believe on the big 4 and an analysis on their body positioning. Any other Bro's see that?
1/15/2012 9:43pm
TY6 wrote:
Ryno is right about Stewart's feet positioning, he does ride on his heels which hinders his weight transferral. Villopoto is kind of the opposite where he...
Ryno is right about Stewart's feet positioning, he does ride on his heels which hinders his weight transferral. Villopoto is kind of the opposite where he rides towards his toes on the footpegs. There was a write up at he start of last SX season from Emig i believe on the big 4 and an analysis on their body positioning. Any other Bro's see that?
I missed it. Do you know where it can be found? I find technique critique unique and magnifique to seek.
Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
1/15/2012 9:53pm
Trent179 wrote:
Probably. But you gotta remember you don't have to ride faster than someone to see their bad habits. Plenty of great coaches out there that can't...
Probably. But you gotta remember you don't have to ride faster than someone to see their bad habits.
Plenty of great coaches out there that can't actually do it themselves but know what's good...
absolutely, in most sports, the best coaches were not necessarily the wins record holders. teaching skills, observation, communication dont come easy to all fastest riders of all time out there
TY6
1/15/2012 10:30pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2012 10:37pm
TY6 wrote:
Ryno is right about Stewart's feet positioning, he does ride on his heels which hinders his weight transferral. Villopoto is kind of the opposite where he...
I missed it. Do you know where it can be found? I find technique critique unique and magnifique to seek.
It was an article on racerx, and if i remember right it was linked to a sports science website. But to summarise it, Villopoto was given the best feet positioning, with stewart the worst and they were all pretty even with thoracic and elbow positioning. I'll try and find it.

Edited: Thanks to google, i found the video here. Also it was Ryno himself who did the video, not Emig:
http://www.racerxonline.com/2011/02/23/racer-x-films-ryan-hughes
1/15/2012 10:50pm
TY6 wrote:
TY6 wrote:
It was an article on racerx, and if i remember right it was linked to a sports science website. But to summarise it, Villopoto was given...
It was an article on racerx, and if i remember right it was linked to a sports science website. But to summarise it, Villopoto was given the best feet positioning, with stewart the worst and they were all pretty even with thoracic and elbow positioning. I'll try and find it.

Edited: Thanks to google, i found the video here. Also it was Ryno himself who did the video, not Emig:
http://www.racerxonline.com/2011/02/23/racer-x-films-ryan-hughes
Wow thanks a bunch Ty. Love that stuff. Cool
1/15/2012 11:08pm
Trent179 wrote:
Lebron James can play basketball better than Phil Jackson, but who has more rings?
Cigaro
1/15/2012 11:44pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2012 11:45pm
Trent179 wrote:
Ryan Hughes @rynoglobal 22h That's Stewart's whole problem does not use his feet controlling the bike at the lowest point like villopoto I think it's funny...

He was on the Hippy and Hick show the other day breaking down Stewarts technique. It was a very interesting interview.

Ryno can really break it down..

30 min mark is when Ryno comes in

Ryno Podcast
AUS_Twisted
1/16/2012 2:36am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2012 2:45am
I'm gonna have to disagree with people here going against Ryno, he's correct about the foot positioning. James gets the bike sideways a lot in whoops and when the bike lets go it goes in a big way which we have seen him do many times. Rider technique can be taught better to someone watching externally or looking at videos, just because James can ride very fast doesn't mean he has the perfect technique. There's always room for improvement and it's what progresses all sports over time.
Hawwy
1/16/2012 2:40am
Trent179 wrote:
Probably. But you gotta remember you don't have to ride faster than someone to see their bad habits. Plenty of great coaches out there that can't...
+ 1
1/16/2012 2:43am
I'm gonna have to disagree with people here going against Ryno, he's correct about the foot positioning. James gets the bike sideways a lot in whoops...
I'm gonna have to disagree with people here going against Ryno, he's correct about the foot positioning. James gets the bike sideways a lot in whoops and when the bike lets go it goes in a big way which we have seen him do many times. Rider technique can be taught better to someone watching externally or looking at videos, just because James can ride very fast doesn't mean he has the perfect technique. There's always room for improvement and it's what progresses all sports over time.
exactly! and to doubt ryno's riding credentials is just stupid! he was at the top of the sport for a long time, and is now actively involved with coaching alot of top level riders (just look at christian craigs riding style/ technique!)- he trains with ryno, and has one of the best/ coolest riding styles out there.

Ryno might not be right about everything he says, but I agree with him on this point. I also think that alot of his training techniques/ practice drills etc are (although very different to alot of other coaches) very effective.

No matter how good you are there is always room for improvement with technique- someone like ryno (or emig) is ideally placed to analyse other riders styles/ technique
tapkawiman
1/16/2012 6:36am
tobz wrote:

Speaks for itself.
He F***ing hit me first? What a bitch move.... You get off your bike and start coming at someone and then start the whole he hit me first..... Probably a good thing that fight was broken up dont know lapaglia but he looks like he deffinatly would of held his own...
tapkawiman
1/16/2012 6:46am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2012 6:49am
Dont have a problem... Its exactly what you said hilarios what he said after the fight...
StatutoryApe
1/16/2012 6:49am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2012 6:51am
tapkawiman wrote:
Dont have a problem... Its exactly what you said hilarios what he said after the fight...
LOL

I wasn't saying that towards you. Just quoting Ryno.
huck
1/16/2012 6:59am
Trent179 wrote:
That's a dumb statement...

Does that mean that Albert Pujols shouldn't listen to his hitting coach?

Post a reply to: Do you guys follow Ryan Hughes on Twitter?

The Latest