Not sure what the title should be? Obsessed ? Addicted?

49weasel
Edited Date/Time 2/13/2016 5:37am
Are any of you amazed of the amount of the time you spend watching ,thinking, looking at shit about MX? Every night I at least watch one video(Premix has been nonstop) with my son and most nights there is a race playing while we eat dinner. Of course Saturdays I watch practice and the race. I spend countless hours on forum/websites. I listen anywhere between 5-7 hours of podcasts a week. I ride at least once a week when it’s nice out. Out the 150 tshirts I own only a hand full aren’t connected to MX.

Do baseball, football and basketball guys obsess like most of us do?
|
hillbilly
2/12/2016 12:45pm
They might obsess with their games but in no way understand the rush of riding a over powered bike.

And that is what my obsession is,the rush,almost dying and then grinning half a lap later.

Or the gate when the risk of piling up in 30 seconds and having blood running out somewhere hits me.

I can lay in bed and think about races that were important or memorable and the heart rate will peg just like I'm back there and then not be able to sleep from the adrenaline that hit my blood.

hvaughn88
2/12/2016 12:46pm
49weasel wrote:
Are any of you amazed of the amount of the time you spend watching ,thinking, looking at shit about MX? Every night I at least watch...
Are any of you amazed of the amount of the time you spend watching ,thinking, looking at shit about MX? Every night I at least watch one video(Premix has been nonstop) with my son and most nights there is a race playing while we eat dinner. Of course Saturdays I watch practice and the race. I spend countless hours on forum/websites. I listen anywhere between 5-7 hours of podcasts a week. I ride at least once a week when it’s nice out. Out the 150 tshirts I own only a hand full aren’t connected to MX.

You ever met a soccer hooligan?
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
2/12/2016 12:53pm
I have always been a moto addict, but everything has kicked up 10 fold since my 4 year old has began to ride. The Moto series is ALWAYS on my tv, to the point where my boy knows all of the songs from most of them and when we hear songs from the movies he yells out whos part in the movie it is.

The Shop

neverwas
Fantasy
784th
2/12/2016 12:53pm
I don't have the time to be obsessed,check the forum a few times a week, listen to a podcast occasionally.
I do ride once a week and Saturday nights are for watching SX/Mx
Sidecar
2/12/2016 12:58pm
49weasel wrote:
Are any of you amazed of the amount of the time you spend watching ,thinking, looking at shit about MX? Every night I at least watch...

hvaughn88 wrote:
You can't compare moto to soccer, the so called hooligans don't even go to watch the games, it's organised violence/fighting that hides behind the different teams, it's more of a turf war, about where you live, where your colours lie its a bit sad... I'm not into soccer one bit but I know a lot of guys who are and you can't stand in a pub in the UK and call it soccer and expect to walk out.... Laughing I can relate to the op, I would say every t-shirt that I would choose to wear out is moto, same with hoodys/sweat shirts, coats etc, I have to dress fairly smart for work, selling kitchens to construction firms and my overcoat I wear out on sites and into meeting etc is a one industries coat.
downard254
2/12/2016 1:00pm
I love MX/SX. I watch it any time I can, read about it all the time. So much so, that my wife thinks I'm obsessed about it. Any time I watch a pro race, I can't help but to reflect back and ask myself "what if" my parents would have started me on small bikes when I was young instead of beginning racing at 16. Of course I'd have been duking it out with Ronnie Lechien for rooking of the year honors had I gone that far.
hvaughn88
2/12/2016 1:02pm Edited Date/Time 2/12/2016 1:02pm
49weasel wrote:

hvaughn88 wrote:
Sidecar wrote:
You can't compare moto to soccer, the so called hooligans don't even go to watch the games, it's organised violence/fighting that hides behind the different teams...
You can't compare moto to soccer, the so called hooligans don't even go to watch the games, it's organised violence/fighting that hides behind the different teams, it's more of a turf war, about where you live, where your colours lie its a bit sad... I'm not into soccer one bit but I know a lot of guys who are and you can't stand in a pub in the UK and call it soccer and expect to walk out.... Laughing I can relate to the op, I would say every t-shirt that I would choose to wear out is moto, same with hoodys/sweat shirts, coats etc, I have to dress fairly smart for work, selling kitchens to construction firms and my overcoat I wear out on sites and into meeting etc is a one industries coat.
Fair enough. However, I follow a wide variety of sports pretty closely. I love sports. All of them. There are people that are just as obsessed/addicted (if not more) in every sport. You should see some of the college football fans.
Sidecar
2/12/2016 1:13pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Sidecar wrote:
You can't compare moto to soccer, the so called hooligans don't even go to watch the games, it's organised violence/fighting that hides behind the different teams...
hvaughn88 wrote:
Fair enough. However, I follow a wide variety of sports pretty closely. I love sports. All of them. There are people that are just as obsessed/addicted...
Fair enough. However, I follow a wide variety of sports pretty closely. I love sports. All of them. There are people that are just as obsessed/addicted (if not more) in every sport. You should see some of the college football fans.
Oh I do agree with you in respect that a lot of sports have fanatical fans, cricket is very popular in the UK and the fans that follow the English national team, the barmy army are nuts.... Selling everything they own, quitting jobs etc to travel the world following it and F1 has some pretty fanatical fans too, same with speedway and moto GP ( you have seen the sea of yellow 46 t-shirts at every race ) my point in my first post was don't confuse soccer fans with soccer hooligans, they are not the same thing.
2/12/2016 1:20pm
It flows from the commitment that racing takes. You have to be obsessed to do well in motocross.

It's also a great distraction from the struggles and boredom that everyday life can present. At its very root it's basically entertainment.

2/12/2016 1:42pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
I think you mean Supporters. Those are the one's who never miss a game, have rooms completely decked out in team apparel and so on.

Hooligans are not fans. They're thugs who use soccer as a disguise to commit acts of violence. They may become a Supporter one day but if you get labeled a hooligan, it's a bad thing. It's the MX equivalent of a guy decked out in Metal Mulisha gear who claims to love MX and cheers when a crash happens... but much worse.
DA498
2/12/2016 2:11pm
49weasel wrote:

Not Amazed, been doing it for years. Id call it a sickness or I should say my wife does. I'm glad I'm not alone!
JW381
2/12/2016 2:14pm
Dirtbikes are the budget
jeffro503
2/12/2016 2:22pm
Going on about 35yrs of addiction i guess. Had a few breaks in between. I think most of the people on this board are , in some way , shape or form. We wouldn't be here if we weren't.
x3no22
2/12/2016 2:34pm
same to all of this. is there any other good podcasts out there besides pulp and dmxs???
2/12/2016 2:41pm Edited Date/Time 2/12/2016 2:44pm
x3no22 wrote:
same to all of this. is there any other good podcasts out there besides pulp and dmxs???
Pit Pass Moto but I had to stop listening because of Scott Casber (I think that's his name). He makes Ralph Shaheen bearable sometimes.

Seat Time is for offroad

Doesn't Glover have a weekly show on the radio? Anyone?
newmann
2/12/2016 2:47pm
I have no idea what any of you are talking about.

Smile
downard254
2/12/2016 2:51pm
newmann wrote:
I have no idea what any of you are talking about.

Smile
Yea, Newmann's the worst.Tongue
x3no22
2/12/2016 3:09pm
x3no22 wrote:
Pit Pass Moto but I had to stop listening because of Scott Casber (I think that's his name). He makes Ralph Shaheen bearable sometimes. Seat Time...
Pit Pass Moto but I had to stop listening because of Scott Casber (I think that's his name). He makes Ralph Shaheen bearable sometimes.

Seat Time is for offroad

Doesn't Glover have a weekly show on the radio? Anyone?
ah okay thank you, ill check out pit pass moto. also brotocross has a new podcast... but i dont think its very good
2/12/2016 3:14pm
My middle name is Motocross. My first love was a two stroke race bike. My every waking and sleeping moment is spent thinking about bikes or motocross. I'm so anel about my bike, I actually look at the threads on the nuts and bolts under a magnafying glass to make sure they're perfect and clean whenever I do any maintanance. I do maintanance checks on my maintanance checks.
AllI talk about is motocross. I get offended when someone calls my bike a dirtbike..its a race bike.

Yeah I'm obsessed..I've lost friends over my obsession.. I've let bills go for my obsession.. I've went hungry so my obsession could have new parts. I walk around twisting my right hand as though I'm twisting the throttle on my bike. When my friends sing along to they're favorite songs....I make two stroke and four stroke racing sounds.
MAN I LOVE IT...MOTOCROSS!!!
2/12/2016 4:07pm Edited Date/Time 2/12/2016 4:07pm
To be a truly dedicated Moto head, you need to have put in some time! Seen so many newbie's come and go. They jump in both barrels, total obsession, after a year they know everything! Even handing out tips from their vast experience!

Then suddenly, it's over and it's on to the next fad, next obsession, next cool thing.. ever meet one of these?
JB 19
2/12/2016 4:52pm
You mean like driving past construction sites and seeing rhythm sections instead of mounds of dirt?
Bearuno
2/12/2016 8:48pm
JB 19 wrote:
You mean like driving past construction sites and seeing rhythm sections instead of mounds of dirt?
That's for those obsessed with SX, or FMX.

Those obsessed with Motocross, look at Golf Courses / Rolling Farmland, as being potential Motocross tracks.
c_dub
2/12/2016 9:00pm
Sidecar wrote:
Oh I do agree with you in respect that a lot of sports have fanatical fans, cricket is very popular in the UK and the fans...
Oh I do agree with you in respect that a lot of sports have fanatical fans, cricket is very popular in the UK and the fans that follow the English national team, the barmy army are nuts.... Selling everything they own, quitting jobs etc to travel the world following it and F1 has some pretty fanatical fans too, same with speedway and moto GP ( you have seen the sea of yellow 46 t-shirts at every race ) my point in my first post was don't confuse soccer fans with soccer hooligans, they are not the same thing.
"Fanatical fans" is a bit redundant Wink
olympiamann
2/12/2016 9:20pm
A couple of weekends ago I watched both the 2013 and 2014 Outdoor National seasons. EVERY RACE..But I don't have a problem though...Cool
stangkag
2/12/2016 10:37pm
Addict? Pff... You ever suck dick for moto? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/02/12/123622/s1200_SAGET.jpg[/img]
Addict? Pff...

You ever suck dick for moto?

Lmao you got me laughing so hard now Ill never get to sleep! What movie was this from again?
stangkag
2/12/2016 10:39pm
Oh and to the OP, Ive been laying in bed for hours and cant sleep so what do I do. Watch Premix then go to Vital to scavenge! Yes I think we are all a bit addicted!

Post a reply to: Not sure what the title should be? Obsessed ? Addicted?

The Latest