Do we really want parity?

7/20/2020 7:00am Edited Date/Time 7/20/2020 7:01am
I think the coolest thing of the RC CR JS era was everyone basically picked a guy they wanted to win, like a 3 team matchup.. made it fun if you were watching with buddies..
honda341
7/20/2020 1:27pm
What we need are guys in front of the camera with personality. That's what made the '80s and '90s so great. You had guys with personality. Not the PC, don't offend anyone, make sure everyone likes me or don't give them a reason to dislike me pool that we have today. Instead we have riders that may give it there all and be heated in the races, but they get to the podium and either have no personality or are so afraid of hurting feelings that they just say "yeah, no. The bike was good, got a ____ start and put my head down and pushed forward. I can't thank my whole team ____ _____ _____ Energy and everyone that's behind me. Thanks!"

More riders with camera time so we can figure out who we like is what we need. Not the prescripted or pre-filmed sound bites. Lets get on the line, in the tunnel, helmet/gear on snippits from the riders. I know that these guys are trying to get ready or cool down from a race. They are also trying to make as much money as possible and this will help gain audiences and interest in the sport AKA money in the sport. That's how and when to get the best show of personality. Why do you think the NFL does live helmet chatter sound bites. Get to hear the emotion/intensity that causes people to be interested in the riders.

Rant over. May be wrong, but prove it.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Do we really want parity?

The Latest