Do mxgp guys have plan B to do ama outdoors

Sc2
With the covid situation in Europe and the mxgp schedule looking sketchy, wold you think some of the mxgp teams may be starting to contemplate a season across the pond
|
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
1/31/2021 1:04am
Doubt it with all the travel restrictions being implemented.

South Africans have just been banned from entering the USA. Certain European countries are also on the list already.
rsd47
1/31/2021 2:18am
Seems unlikely with all the travel restrictions but it would be seriously cool to have Gajser, Herlings, Cairoli, Prado etc racing in the USA for a season!
CPR
1/31/2021 2:26am
Boomslang wrote:
Doubt it with all the travel restrictions being implemented. South Africans have just been banned from entering the USA. Certain European countries are also on the...
Doubt it with all the travel restrictions being implemented.

South Africans have just been banned from entering the USA. Certain European countries are also on the list already.
I’m sure there could be exemptions? Especially if it’s for a long professional sports series with gains for the economy etc. Obviously a strict quarantine period would apply.
E.g. No international travellers are allowed into Australia, but they just accepted pro tennis players for the Aust Open with a two week hotel quarantine stay.
Surely they could do something similar for the outdoors? Would add so much to the series!
Raikzz
1/31/2021 3:05am
Not gonna happen, but it would be a every mx fan dream

The Shop

Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
1/31/2021 3:22am
Short answer:
No

Long answer:
No way dude! What are you smoking?
Motofinne
1/31/2021 3:31am
No i can't see that happening. Budgets are set for racing the GPs, sponsors have paid for racing the different countries the GPs race at. Then there is the unknown thing with travel restrictions.

I'm not worried for the GP season. Worst case scenario is yet another schedule with double or triple headers in a handful of locations.
Snapper
1/31/2021 3:37am
Motofinne wrote:
No i can't see that happening. Budgets are set for racing the GPs, sponsors have paid for racing the different countries the GPs race at. Then...
No i can't see that happening. Budgets are set for racing the GPs, sponsors have paid for racing the different countries the GPs race at. Then there is the unknown thing with travel restrictions.

I'm not worried for the GP season. Worst case scenario is yet another schedule with double or triple headers in a handful of locations.
Agree, I think double headers early in the season but as we get to the summer and into autumn, a more 'traditional' calendar will be followed.
Sc2
1/31/2021 3:44am
I don't smoke pal 😉

It's probably just wishful thinking on my behalf

But, these teams /sponsers (and no doubt riders) must be thinking we goto get these guys working somehow

I don't mean send the whole mxgp out there, just a handful, it's not beyond all possibilities, Where's there a will there's a way
There's still travel through out the world going on, so it's not like it's come to a hault per se

As for budgets, just send the bare bones, like when hearlings went over without the razzmatazz.
Some racing, will better than no racing

Would be great to see, but I agree, can't see it happening

Post a reply to: Do mxgp guys have plan B to do ama outdoors

The Latest