Do SX riders get tested for weed?

LungButter
4/23/2021 1:00pm
FGR01 wrote:
Every Pot thread on Vital: No way is Pot a performance enhancing drug. It just makes you happy and lazy. Also every Pot thread on Vital...
Every Pot thread on Vital: No way is Pot a performance enhancing drug. It just makes you happy and lazy.

Also every Pot thread on Vital: Pot totally makes you enter your Zen Flow state, eliminates arm pump, and directly produced all my wins. Half the 450 SX class uses it.
Nah bro, I can smoke the Vet class at a local race without the weed too Tongue
xrmark
4/24/2021 5:57am
The ignorance in this thread is insane 😂 they’re pro athletes so there’s no way in hell they can smoke weed or sell it. Classic
murph783
4/24/2021 6:07am
EngIceDave wrote:
So crazy to see people so openly talking about weed. I’m an old dude in Florida, weed has been taboo my whole life, and now, everyone...
So crazy to see people so openly talking about weed. I’m an old dude in Florida, weed has been taboo my whole life, and now, everyone at the med weed place is my age and still paranoid. You can see it in the noobs who come in.

Just funny to see it discussed so openly now.

Please, resume your discussion.
Is it still recreationally illegal in florida? Of all places I’d think they wouldn’t give a fuck

The Shop

murph783
4/24/2021 6:13am
xrmark wrote:
The ignorance in this thread is insane 😂 they’re pro athletes so there’s no way in hell they can smoke weed or sell it. Classic
Little naive aren’t we?
WFO
4/24/2021 6:20am
Some of the parties after the Dallas SX's back in the day might really surprise people.
SteveUrchin
Fantasy
1025th
4/24/2021 7:22am Edited Date/Time 4/24/2021 7:23am
90s Canyon lake & havasu parties I’m sure emig burned a few
tek14
4/24/2021 7:34am
TV crew sure wasnt tested.
MyBobbym
4/24/2021 8:05am
name a few of these riders that you see smoking regularly
Stackable Mosier lackey weiner... A dozen more..sure that was last century. 😳😊🏁
FWYT
4/24/2021 8:19am
MyBobbym wrote:
Wasn't it Short Stack that had a leaf painted on the top of his helmet? Or was it Mosier?
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
4/24/2021 8:24am
Falcon wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but I'd be totally cool with any of my competition smoking weed before a race. Cool
Holeshot!
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
4/24/2021 8:26am
MyBobbym wrote:
But those were the days when weed was nothing more than a unfiltered cigarette. Nowadays the bud is like a acid trip
jambalaya
4/24/2021 8:43am
They have to have drugs on the list that they can actually catch....
4/24/2021 9:22am
bh wrote:
If only you guys knew... something with the affect it has only you blood vessels will give you the gnarliest arm pump. Maybe it’s different for...
If only you guys knew... something with the affect it has only you blood vessels will give you the gnarliest arm pump. Maybe it’s different for smoking but I know it gives you gnarly arm pump when you eat it. I know a guy it happend to... Only time this guy has ever had arm pump.
soggy wrote:
Wrong.
bh wrote:
Go eat a 150-250mg edible tonight and then go race a 30 min moto the next day then come tell me I’m wrong. You wouldn’t make...
Go eat a 150-250mg edible tonight and then go race a 30 min moto the next day then come tell me I’m wrong. You wouldn’t make it 10 minutes.
No offense, to me this is kind of stupid. I don’t go out on a Saturday night and get totally ripped out of my mind at bars and then go to the track on Sunday and try to race. So what’s the difference?
fins227
4/24/2021 10:09am
Man idk, every time I smoked before a race my legs got way too heavy. Also, I remember getting a hole shot in a hare scramble and I started getting passed, I was so paranoid, I thought “I suck” “I should pull off”. For me personally, racing needs to be intense. I don’t want inner dialogue, unless it’s fuck these mother fuckers.
yzken250x
4/24/2021 11:51am
Logan_724 wrote:
Just curious lol. (It really doesn’t matter either) but I see multiple riders who smoke regularly. Do they get tested? Maybe once before the first race?
STLSharky wrote:
If they did, Garett Steinke would not be racing
Or his girlfriend. Lol
EngIceDave
4/24/2021 11:51am
EngIceDave wrote:
So crazy to see people so openly talking about weed. I’m an old dude in Florida, weed has been taboo my whole life, and now, everyone...
So crazy to see people so openly talking about weed. I’m an old dude in Florida, weed has been taboo my whole life, and now, everyone at the med weed place is my age and still paranoid. You can see it in the noobs who come in.

Just funny to see it discussed so openly now.

Please, resume your discussion.
murph783 wrote:
Is it still recreationally illegal in florida? Of all places I’d think they wouldn’t give a fuck
Yeah, no rec weed, only med.

But we can get flower, vape, concentrate and edibles, but each vendor has their own brands....not like everyone sells Smokies brand edibles.

They try to keep it low key. There's so many med weed places near me now...crazy

EngIceDave
4/24/2021 11:53am
FWYT wrote:
Wasn't it Short Stack that had a leaf painted on the top of his helmet? Or was it Mosier?
Yes
xrmark
4/24/2021 12:36pm
murph783 wrote:
Little naive aren’t we?
Not at all.
4/25/2021 2:48am
bh wrote:
If only you guys knew... something with the affect it has only you blood vessels will give you the gnarliest arm pump. Maybe it’s different for...
If only you guys knew... something with the affect it has only you blood vessels will give you the gnarliest arm pump. Maybe it’s different for smoking but I know it gives you gnarly arm pump when you eat it. I know a guy it happend to... Only time this guy has ever had arm pump.
soggy wrote:
Wrong.
bh wrote:
Go eat a 150-250mg edible tonight and then go race a 30 min moto the next day then come tell me I’m wrong. You wouldn’t make...
Go eat a 150-250mg edible tonight and then go race a 30 min moto the next day then come tell me I’m wrong. You wouldn’t make it 10 minutes.
I used to smoke before every ride day hell I'd even be having blunts at the track, it doesn't effect arm pump
life_of_jaze
4/25/2021 1:20pm
murph783 wrote:
I know I’ve bumped into more than a few of our local fast guys-some of whom have done pretty well on the national scene, in sign...
I know I’ve bumped into more than a few of our local fast guys-some of whom have done pretty well on the national scene, in sign up line in the morning-suspiciously bloodshot and giggly...as was I usually.
I’m in the same boat, a couple hits really loosens me up; I tend to ride better and not get arm pump cause I’m not death gripping the bars. That said there was a few times I got like...higher than giraffe pussy and raced, I still rode okay but good god is a 40 man gate into that first turn a little extra nerve wracking Laughing
Giraffe pussy high is the best feeling
Monk
4/25/2021 6:32pm
Lots would depend on the testing parameters being used... Plenty of PEDs that could be used that have a short clearance time in a matter of hours, and if the testing is lackluster would make it even easier to cheat.

Weed, highly unlikely its going to help you while riding (I've tried many of times), but I have no doubt that some of the riders are even using TRT to help extend their careers and aid in recovery...

Post a reply to: Do SX riders get tested for weed?

The Latest