Dixon wants D-Wilson on Team GB

M-M
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 12:51pm
Just reading through "moto"(a british mx magazine) ,and Steve Dixon who is the Team Manager for GB at the des nations wants Searle,Anstie and Wilson to ride for the team. He went on to say that Wilson can ride for GB as he was born over here.

Pretty good team. Dean would be better off riding for GB instead of riding in the B-final for Canada Wink ......

Anyone want to ask Dean , next time they interview him?

|
mill2
5/19/2010 9:40am
Matthes will not approve that....Woohoo
BLAHBLAH
5/19/2010 9:40am
Matthes would never let this happen!
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
5/19/2010 9:42am
He could ride for 3 different teams. He's 1/3 each Scottish, Canadian and now American.

Adam43
5/19/2010 9:45am
He's a Canadian citizen. He's ours. Maybe you can get Dave Thorpe to dust off his leathers.

The Shop

500guy
5/19/2010 9:47am
if I am not mistaken, your pass port makes the decision here.

if it's a British Passport Wilson would not have had the trouble he did trying to reenter the USA.
M-M
5/19/2010 9:49am
loftyair wrote:
GB and Scotland the same?
Yeah dude, Scotland is part of Great Britain
DanDunes818
5/19/2010 9:51am Edited Date/Time 5/19/2010 10:18am
loftyair wrote:
Great Britain is the term used for the island containing the contiguous nations of England, Scotland and Wales.
mikem
5/19/2010 9:52am
500guy wrote:
if I am not mistaken, your pass port makes the decision here. if it's a British Passport Wilson would not have had the trouble he did...

if it's a British Passport Wilson would not have had the trouble he did trying to reenter the USA.
He travels on a Canadian Passport.
I'm not sure what you are saying here. Having a Canadian passport makes it more difficult to enter the US., than a British passport?

500guy
5/19/2010 9:55am
500guy wrote:
if I am not mistaken, your pass port makes the decision here. if it's a British Passport Wilson would not have had the trouble he did...

mikem wrote:
He travels on a Canadian Passport. I'm not sure what you are saying here. Having a Canadian passport makes it more difficult to enter the US...
I'm not sure what you are saying here. Having a Canadian passport makes it more difficult to enter the US., than a British passport?

No I'm saying he would be on the Canadian MXoN team.

maybe my thinking is wrong on the travel part because I'm not sure if it was the Canadians keeping him in or the Americans keeping him out.
ayearinmx
5/19/2010 9:55am
500guy wrote:

if only that were true.... no special favours, just cause you're british
DanDunes818
5/19/2010 9:57am
The British are coming !! The British are coming!! The British are coming!!!

Sorry guys couldn't resist..lol
mikem
5/19/2010 9:58am
500guy wrote:

mikem wrote:
He travels on a Canadian Passport. I'm not sure what you are saying here. Having a Canadian passport makes it more difficult to enter the US...

500guy wrote:
No I'm saying he would be on the Canadian MXoN team. maybe my thinking is wrong on the travel part because I'm not sure if it...
No I'm saying he would be on the Canadian MXoN team.

maybe my thinking is wrong on the travel part because I'm not sure if it was the Canadians keeping him in or the Americans keeping him out.
It was the American Border that stopped him/parents.
I hope he rides for Canada again but I think his ties to Scotland or the UK are stronger. Wouldn't be suprised to see him flip.
BLAHBLAH
5/19/2010 10:00am
loftyair wrote:
Great Britain is the term used for the island containing the contiguous nations of England, Scotland and Wales.
You forget Northern Ireland
jamma10
5/19/2010 10:02am
He lived in the Uk until he was what, 6 years old? He's more legitimate than half of our cricket or rugby teams Grinning

Talking about Moto magazine - how about the picture of Cairoli doing an endo and clicking his holeshot device into place with his toe!? Thats pretty damn cool!
ayearinmx
5/19/2010 10:03am
United Kingdom includes Northern Ireland.... Great Britain does not
5/19/2010 10:05am
M-M wrote:
Just reading through "moto"(a british mx magazine) ,and Steve Dixon who is the Team Manager for GB at the des nations wants Searle,Anstie and Wilson to...
Just reading through "moto"(a british mx magazine) ,and Steve Dixon who is the Team Manager for GB at the des nations wants Searle,Anstie and Wilson to ride for the team. He went on to say that Wilson can ride for GB as he was born over here.

Pretty good team. Dean would be better off riding for GB instead of riding in the B-final for Canada Wink ......

2010 british team doesn't need Wilson...

Searle, Anstie and Simpson will be good enough.
DanDunes818
5/19/2010 10:20am
M-M wrote:
Just reading through "moto"(a british mx magazine) ,and Steve Dixon who is the Team Manager for GB at the des nations wants Searle,Anstie and Wilson to...

I'm not so sure.. Simpson is pretty fragile. Anytime he gets up to speed he gets knocked back down from an injury. So far Shawn's career is resembling Broc Hepler.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
5/19/2010 10:21am
M-M wrote:

I would take Wilson over Anstie in a heartbeat.
flarider
5/19/2010 11:09am
loftyair wrote:
There are some who would slap you for such a comment.

LOL

jamma10
5/19/2010 11:28am
M-M wrote:

I'm not so sure.. Simpson is pretty fragile. Anytime he gets up to speed he gets knocked back down from an injury. So far Shawn's career...
I'm not so sure.. Simpson is pretty fragile. Anytime he gets up to speed he gets knocked back down from an injury. So far Shawn's career is resembling Broc Hepler.
Thats only really been since he broke his leg last year, he can't seem to stay in one piece. Until then he was always pretty good at staying upright. Hopefully he'll be back to his best in a few weeks.
DanDunes818
5/19/2010 11:49am

I'm not so sure.. Simpson is pretty fragile. Anytime he gets up to speed he gets knocked back down from an injury. So far Shawn's career...
jamma10 wrote:
Thats only really been since he broke his leg last year, he can't seem to stay in one piece. Until then he was always pretty good...
Thats only really been since he broke his leg last year, he can't seem to stay in one piece. Until then he was always pretty good at staying upright. Hopefully he'll be back to his best in a few weeks.
Yeah I know. He was awesome when he was on the Jr KTM team. Since going to the full factory team he can't stay on two wheels.
mac3-d
5/19/2010 11:55am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:55pm
couple years ago Scotland wanted to break away from the gb tag by fielding their own team
mckenzie simpson & another scot can't remember .
as it's a GB team (Scotland Walse &England) Northern Ireland teams up with Ireland (south) to make up a team (same as the rugby )
Ewan
5/19/2010 12:17pm
Stephen sword was the other rider, that would have been a pretty good team at the time too.
mxracer32
5/19/2010 12:27pm

good enough...for what, 3rd place? Smile
Titan1
5/19/2010 12:31pm

mxracer32 wrote:
HA!...

I was going to say good enough for 5th place...LOL!
SL91
5/19/2010 12:35pm Edited Date/Time 5/19/2010 12:45pm
M-M wrote:

Okay Canadians, let the hurt feelings begin!!! Just when we thought we had a future champ! We had him for one MXdN at least!
jamma10
5/19/2010 12:41pm

mxracer32 wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
HA!...

I was going to say good enough for 5th place...LOL!
Alright alright alright, Mr 360+million.
pawsan
5/19/2010 12:43pm
ayearinmx wrote:
United Kingdom includes Northern Ireland.... Great Britain does not
you might want to look into that Wink

n.ireland is part of great britain, or so my passport tells me Tongue

NeWskoolmxer
5/19/2010 12:46pm
Team USA 2010 is going to be Ryan dungey, Trey canard, And Justin Barcia!!!!!

Post a reply to: Dixon wants D-Wilson on Team GB

The Latest