Dismal year for Pro Circuit (so far)

KlootZak
Edited Date/Time 5/4/2015 8:03am
Damn, I don't think the mood is very comfortable around the PC trucks!

If I am correct, not a single supercross win for Pro Circuit this season. Did they ever had a SX season without any wins? They went from dominating both coasts, to winning one coast and now not even a single victory. For the shootout in Vegas, Tonus and Bowers were injured. AC wasn't there as well and Aldredge and Savatgy didn't qualify. Therefore no PC riders at the main.

Hopefully AC can turn the ship around for the outdoors.
|
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
5/4/2015 6:59am
PC will continue to lag behind the other teams until Mitch decides to start an amatuer program.
KlootZak
5/4/2015 7:03am
I thought he was the first to start an amateur program? HuhBlink (I don't follow the amateurs that much so I'm not quite familiar) Strange decision from Mitch
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
5/4/2015 7:09am
KlootZak wrote:
I thought he was the first to start an amateur program? :huh: :blink: (I don't follow the amateurs that much so I'm not quite familiar) Strange...
I thought he was the first to start an amateur program? HuhBlink (I don't follow the amateurs that much so I'm not quite familiar) Strange decision from Mitch
Team Green is kawis amatuer system, and Mitch use to be able to cherry pick the riders he wanted because all the fast kids rode Team Green. Now, Geico and Star both have solid amatuer ptograms and are getting the faster kids because they have a legit shot at a factory ride. Mitch was forced by Kawi to sign AC to a long term deal because Gieco was going after him as an amatuer.
5/4/2015 7:20am
Not to be dogging on or disrespecting Payton or Pro Circuit but it seems to be an easy target for someone with the skills to make a Hitler meltdown video parody with the tough run they have had.

They will find their way back.

The Shop

TeamGreen
5/4/2015 7:20am
Some of these decisions that you guys are laying at Mitch's feet are actually Corporate Decisions and involve the virtual demise of what was the best Amateur Program in MX.
IWreckALot
5/4/2015 7:30am
TeamGreen wrote:
Some of these decisions that you guys are laying at Mitch's feet are actually Corporate Decisions and involve the virtual demise of what was the best...
Some of these decisions that you guys are laying at Mitch's feet are actually Corporate Decisions and involve the virtual demise of what was the best Amateur Program in MX.
Does Mitch still stick with the low pay high bonus structure? That model worked when he was the best team in the pits, but anymore, other teams have very comparably competitive bikes and I could see riders going with another team for higher guaranteed pay.

I don't know anything about the contracts in place at this point so maybe he has changed his structure to adapt to the times.
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
662nd
5/4/2015 7:39am
It seems to me that mechanicals and lack of confidence in their riders that the bikes wouldn't hurt them kind of killed them last year. As and example, when was the last time a rider like Justin Hill left PC for another team in the same class. I don't ever remember that. Not that Justin Hill was at the top of his game and class but he has potential to be.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
5/4/2015 7:56am
I have to agree with FlickitFlat.

I'm sure some part of it has to do with the amateur program, but the pro program is not what it used to be either. Used to be if you wanted to win you really improved your chances by being on Pro Circuit. But the last couple of years they have had some pretty memorable DNFs while other teams have improved the performance of their bikes to the level of the PC bikes or better.

Mitch's bonus heavy payout structure used to make sense in a world where the bike gave you a better shot at winning. Now I'm not sure PC would be a first choice for many amateurs even if he increased his salary. Thus it becomes a vicious downward spiral.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
5/4/2015 7:59am
TeamGreen wrote:
Some of these decisions that you guys are laying at Mitch's feet are actually Corporate Decisions and involve the virtual demise of what was the best...
I agree, but it is the reason.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
5/4/2015 8:03am
TeamGreen wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
Does Mitch still stick with the low pay high bonus structure? That model worked when he was the best team in the pits, but anymore, other...
Does Mitch still stick with the low pay high bonus structure? That model worked when he was the best team in the pits, but anymore, other teams have very comparably competitive bikes and I could see riders going with another team for higher guaranteed pay.

I don't know anything about the contracts in place at this point so maybe he has changed his structure to adapt to the times.
That model was a myth, yes some riders were paid peanuts, but others that were brought up by Kawasaki got paid big.

Post a reply to: Dismal year for Pro Circuit (so far)

The Latest