Discussion: Most controversial moment in Motocross?

tingo
5/31/2019 11:02am
Helda wrote:
What was the story behind RC, how come RC got his points back and Reed didn't, what was the difference there?
Wandell wrote:
RC had the testicular fortitude to stand up to the AMA and fight for justice. No disrespect to Reed, but he didn't fight the AMA on...
RC had the testicular fortitude to stand up to the AMA and fight for justice. No disrespect to Reed, but he didn't fight the AMA on their BS (and he should have IMO).
scott_nz wrote:
It’s A bit different as reed still had the points lead after they took the points off him , where rc would have lost the title
That’s like saying you cut can the corner without penalty if you were going to make the pass anyways. Whistling
ledger
5/31/2019 11:42am
ledger wrote:
Just my opinion, the acceptance of the Stewart family...they went through hell for so many years...and then BOOM, James elevated the sport with raw talent and...
Just my opinion, the acceptance of the Stewart family...they went through hell for so many years...and then BOOM, James elevated the sport with raw talent and made HISTORY. The Stewart's are great people and well respected.
ns503 wrote:
Not really seeing controversy here.
JS7 and James Sr. speaking of what it was like being the first African Americans to enter the sport.
Wandell
5/31/2019 12:06pm
Wandell wrote:
RC had the testicular fortitude to stand up to the AMA and fight for justice. No disrespect to Reed, but he didn't fight the AMA on...
RC had the testicular fortitude to stand up to the AMA and fight for justice. No disrespect to Reed, but he didn't fight the AMA on their BS (and he should have IMO).
scott_nz wrote:
It’s A bit different as reed still had the points lead after they took the points off him , where rc would have lost the title
tingo wrote:
That’s like saying you cut can the corner without penalty if you were going to make the pass anyways. Whistling
Reed should have stood up and called the AMA/FIM out on their BS also. Over a decade later and they are still treating people unfairly. Just ask James Stewart and Broc Tickle.
Crossup
5/31/2019 12:07pm
I think that the Håkan Carlqvist Beer stop at the Namur GP in 1988 was most controversial. No one should drink and drive. WhistlingDryLaughing

Starts at 0:55

The Shop

5/31/2019 12:34pm
ledger wrote:
Just my opinion, the acceptance of the Stewart family...they went through hell for so many years...and then BOOM, James elevated the sport with raw talent and...
Just my opinion, the acceptance of the Stewart family...they went through hell for so many years...and then BOOM, James elevated the sport with raw talent and made HISTORY. The Stewart's are great people and well respected.
ns503 wrote:
ledger wrote:
JS7 and James Sr. speaking of what it was like being the first African Americans to enter the sport.
Ever heard of Andy Jefferson?
ledger
5/31/2019 12:51pm
Nope, I took a long break from 86-2011, so I missed...a lot, lol.
FuzzyLogic
5/31/2019 12:58pm
ledger wrote:
ns503 wrote:
ledger wrote:
Why do you think this was controversial? It was ground breaking and uncharted territory for the sport in more than one aspect, but hardly controversial.
early
Fantasy
2231st
5/31/2019 1:20pm
FuzzyLogic wrote:
Why do you think this was controversial? It was ground breaking and uncharted territory for the sport in more than one aspect, but hardly controversial.
Not fuzzy logic there
Denn700
5/31/2019 2:10pm
Didn’t a a transgender qualify for Loretta’s in the women’s class?
seventeen
5/31/2019 2:17pm
Here is my list...
Let Broc bye...
Wardy riding backwards...AMA...not enforcing the rulebook...Beats Broc for SX championship by 2 points...
Ricky whining like a bitch...gets points back...wins SX championship...
Stewart testing positive...broke the internet...
Somehow RC never getting dinged for PED's...
YouthStream changing rules to allow Girlings to stay in MX2...wins Championship...
Anything Steve Whitelock...
I could go on...
5/31/2019 2:25pm
Stanton tapping JMBs rear end in the penultimate SX in 1992, causing him to crash and costing him the championship. Those two were quite the saga...

Stefan Everts losing his mind at Pichon at the South African GP

Wasn’t there a des nations or GP at buds creek in the 90s where all the euros were jumping the gate?

Did a supporter ever cause the rival of his favourite rider to crash?

None of these are very controversial.

Millsap’s locker?

One of the many french federation des nation selection sagas? The last one was pretty bad. Choosing Paulin over Musquin, Febvre getting injured, Musquin saying no...

Christophe Pourcel and the french federation?
Sully
5/31/2019 4:04pm
seventeen wrote:
Here is my list... Let Broc bye... Wardy riding backwards...AMA...not enforcing the rulebook...Beats Broc for SX championship by 2 points... Ricky whining like a bitch...gets points...
Here is my list...
Let Broc bye...
Wardy riding backwards...AMA...not enforcing the rulebook...Beats Broc for SX championship by 2 points...
YouthStream changing rules to allow Girlings to stay in MX2...wins Championship...
I could go on...
I'm sure you could go on, but since you called Ricky a bitch and Herlings "Girlings," you should probably quit before you make yourself sound even dumber.
Dropbear
5/31/2019 4:12pm
Banning 125 twin motocross bikes. Still probably less moving parts than a 4 stroke.1, 2, 3 go....
5/31/2019 4:18pm
ledger wrote:
Nope, I took a long break from 86-2011, so I missed...a lot, lol.
Andy was the first African American to qualify and race a supercross race. He rode the nats as well and was definitely a fast rider, getting 9th overall at the Saddleback National. I believe he’s still involved with the sport behind the scenes.
Motodave15
5/31/2019 4:38pm
seventeen wrote:
Here is my list... Let Broc bye... Wardy riding backwards...AMA...not enforcing the rulebook...Beats Broc for SX championship by 2 points... Ricky whining like a bitch...gets points...
Here is my list...
Let Broc bye...
I could go on...
Supercross champion of the supercross class.....oh and lites!!!

Motoxdoc
5/31/2019 4:53pm
Since we are including SX in these answers...how about Mickey Thompson being murdered.and the godfather of our sport being arrested for it?
SwingHard
5/31/2019 5:00pm
1.San Diego Limegate!
2.1995 Las Vegas SX rider boycott!
500guy
5/31/2019 5:24pm
Not sure where it fits on the list but Everts staging a Rider walk out before the start of a GP to protest the removal of prize money has got to be up there on the list.

Not sure what was said or done to him but he never got out of line again.
chrisg19
Fantasy
4462nd
5/31/2019 5:48pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2019 5:48pm
Let Brock Bye 1 Lap

To hear Hannah tell it, he had to pull over to let a guy he didn’t like win (Broc), over a guy he really did like (LaPorte). This was the final race of the season, and that move gave Glover the title over LaPorte.

Hannah rode straight through the pits and off into the woods for like 40 minutes afterwards because he was so angry.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
5/31/2019 5:56pm
ns503 wrote:
ledger wrote:
Yup, he was a respectable rider. I met him in the early 80,'s when he came to race in South Africa. Sadly he's trip was ruined when he broke his collar bone.
zehn
5/31/2019 6:01pm
Wandell wrote:
You mean when RC/Honda got caught cheating?
Holigan
5/31/2019 6:30pm
When KTM took off Boniface's front wheel because he wouldn't take out the opposition.
mysterion117
5/31/2019 6:43pm
Moosecan letting golden boy by at East Rutherford definitely ranks up there
Salty much? Even if Marvin wouldn’t have done that, Dungey would have won the title.
Not salty. It was an embarrassment to the sport. Should have raced him straight up
agn5009
5/31/2019 6:47pm
ledger wrote:
ns503 wrote:
ledger wrote:
That was inspirational not controversial.
oldblood
5/31/2019 6:50pm
When Eli decided to go full 70's streaker mode, and le Marve' talked about it on the podium interview (video ?).
Casting
5/31/2019 6:54pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2019 6:54pm
oldblood wrote:
When Eli decided to go full 70's streaker mode, and le Marve' talked about it on the podium interview (video ?).
Huh? I'm missing something
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/31/2019 6:54pm
oldblood wrote:
oldblood
5/31/2019 6:54pm
oldblood wrote:
Casting wrote:
Huh? I'm missing something
(Supercross).

Post a reply to: Discussion: Most controversial moment in Motocross?

The Latest