Discuss your outdoors sleeper pics

Related:
Create New Tag

5/18/2017 10:19 PM

I got Benny Bloss surprising a few people. Who you got?

|

5/18/2017 10:21 PM

Deano

|

5/18/2017 10:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2017 11:32 PM

I'm not really reaching too deep in the barrel, but I think Bagget is going to shine this year.

I also agree about Bloss. He may not do much his first few races back, but by the end of the season, he could be a consistent threat for top 5.

ETA: I forgot about Ferrandis. Good call, 51xc.

|

5/18/2017 10:57 PM

ferrandis could make things pretty interesting. also I think cooper webb will see the podium a lot.

|

5/18/2017 11:07 PM

Agree with the dudes above. Ferrandis and Baggett both!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/18/2017 11:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2017 11:16 PM

I like deano and bloss picks, probably because theyre on the taller side. A little further back, Schmit*** if he's not injured or something

|

5/18/2017 11:38 PM

For any of the rounds they show up I'm going with Kaven Benoit, Colton Facciotti & Dylan Wright.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/18/2017 11:46 PM

Photo
|

Twitter: @ftemoto
Instagram: @mstusiak

5/18/2017 11:50 PM

Zach Bell

|

5/19/2017 12:18 AM

Was going to say Jordan Smith, but I now see he is out. Not much of a sleeper, but had the feeling he seemed to have found that balance between speed/agression.

|

Current: 2010 TM 250MX
Previous: 2012 KX450f, 2009 K8 RM250, 2012 RMZ250, 2008 YZ125

5/19/2017 12:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2017 12:31 AM

Ferrandis would be sleeper pick if he wins the title. He is elite when it comes to the 250 world, lets not forget that he beat Herlings in a 1 vs 1 fight at Trentino last year.

I think this year will be a year of learning the tracks and getting used to the very, very short format(compared to the GPs).

He will be one of the favorites next season.

I think Deano will be a sleeper in 450s, 3 podiums and he finishes top 5 in points.

|

5/19/2017 12:40 AM

MM25 and the kiwi boys Cody Cooper and Rhys Carter braaaap

|

5/19/2017 1:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2017 1:43 AM

I think it's crazy how little talk there is about Jeremy Martin and Dylan Ferrandis in the 250 class.

Martin is a 2-time champ for christ sake and has everyone forgot how dominant he has been in the class?
Ferrandis was the 2nd fastest guy in MX2 in Europe and I will be shocked if he doesn't win a few races this year and maybe competes for the title.

Neither of these 2 is a real 'sleeper', but both are very much underhyped compared to the rest.

|

*Anyone but Reed or Webb Crew*

5/19/2017 1:52 AM

Fearo wrote:

I think it's crazy how little talk there is about Jeremy Martin and Dylan Ferrandis in the 250 class.

Martin is a 2-time champ for christ sake and has everyone forgot how dominant he has been in the class?
Ferrandis was the 2nd fastest guy in MX2 in Europe and I will be shocked if he doesn't win a few races this year and maybe competes for the title.

Neither of these 2 is a real 'sleeper', but both are very much underhyped compared to the rest.

Why is a 2 time champ a sleeper pick?

He's clearly a title contender.

Though this thread was about sleeper picks.

Bagget

Baby Jesus

|

5/19/2017 5:31 AM

Fearo wrote:

TXDirt wrote:

Bagget

Baby Jesus

how is bagget a sleeper pick .

|

5/19/2017 5:33 AM

Brock Tickle is mine , i think he will get on the podium a good few times this year

|

5/19/2017 6:00 AM

Obviously nobody understands the term sleeper pick.

|

5/19/2017 6:08 AM

GreaseMeter wrote:

This big time , Bagget hunted down Eli last year and was catching dungey by the end . He is more of a favorite than a Sleeper pick .

|

5/19/2017 6:11 AM

Fearo wrote:

TXDirt wrote:

Bagget

Baby Jesus

brimx153 wrote:

how is bagget a sleeper pick .

Has Bagget even won an outdoor Moto on the 450 yet let alone an overall? Perhaps he has and I don't remember.

|

5/19/2017 6:13 AM

GreaseMeter wrote:

brimx153 wrote:

This big time , Bagget hunted down Eli last year and was catching dungey by the end . He is more of a favorite than a Sleeper pick .

Does Bagget have a Moto win outdoors on the 450? I don't recall but I could be wrong. If he hasn't won a Moto or overall how can he be a favorite?

Eli, Marvin, Anderson are contenders. Anderson less so but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt based on the last time he rode an outdoor Moto was a win at MXDN.

Outside of those three guys pretty much anyone else is a sleeper pick.

|

5/19/2017 6:28 AM

GreaseMeter wrote:

Yeah, so it's not riders that are missing the Nationals and sleeping in?

|

5/19/2017 6:43 AM

GreaseMeter wrote:

Well, the term "sleeper" is pretty vague adjective in this case. Are we talking sleeper that could surprise for the title? A podium, a top-5, or a top-10? There are so many parameters that "sleeper" falls under, it's no wonder that you get such a broad spectrum of replies.

|

5/19/2017 7:37 AM

I think the tld team could be sneaky good this year, lot of guys with potential to put in consistent top 5 rides

|

5/19/2017 7:40 AM

Weston Peick. He always gets over shadowed by the big $ guy Barcia. But WP 5th was JGR best result in SX. He could be a top 5 guy in MX

|

5/19/2017 7:47 AM

My sleeper picks are going to be McElrath and Craig.

|

5/19/2017 7:49 AM

brimx153 wrote:

Brock Tickle is mine , i think he will get on the podium a good few times this year

Mine also. Hope he is fully recovered from his injury and makes a run towards the pointy end of the stick this summer. I'd like to see him secure a good paying ride for next year.

|

5/19/2017 7:50 AM

Not sure Ferrandis can be considered a sleeper pick since the expectations are quite high anyways.

My sleepers are Oldenburg and Locurcio.
From what I understand is that Locurcio being from Venezuela is a lot better outdoors (see Daytona where he was suddenly 5 spots further up then in all other races)). Also he doesn't care about the heat. If anything the heat will be an advantage for him.

|

5/19/2017 7:52 AM

"picks"

|

I'm just here to stir sh#t up...

5/19/2017 8:06 AM

TheOriginalPancakee wrote:

Weston Peick. He always gets over shadowed by the big $ guy Barcia. But WP 5th was JGR best result in SX. He could be a top 5 guy in MX

x2. If he can stay consistent and off the ground in the first few rounds and gain some momentum and confidence he could be a consistent podium finisher. I'd love it just to watch people freak over his less than pc interviews. laughing laughing

|

5/19/2017 8:08 AM

GreaseMeter wrote:

brimx153 wrote:

TXDirt wrote:

Does Bagget have a Moto win outdoors on the 450? I don't recall but I could be wrong. If he hasn't won a Moto or overall how can he be a favorite?

Eli, Marvin, Anderson are contenders. Anderson less so but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt based on the last time he rode an outdoor Moto was a win at MXDN.

Outside of those three guys pretty much anyone else is a sleeper pick.

He has nt won , but he has more podiums than Mav and Anderson . Anderson is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more of a sleeper pick than bagget imo .

surly favorite s are :

Tomac (hugggggge favorite)

Marv (had a great SX series ,but i could see him having a harder time outdoors. jmo)

Bagget (good few podiums in '15 and was really really fast in '16 before he got hurt ,ex 250 f champ) (deff NOT A
SLEEPER)

Barica (had WAY BETTER result s last year than people remember ,in '15 he won races ,one very of the few to win
in the the 450 class )

Webb (last years 250f champ ,has rode great on the 450f at the MXON has to be considered one of the favorites )

Anderson (Great SX rider .results havent been half as good outdoor s ,will have great races on and off, massive long
shot for title)

Sleeper picks imo are :

Brock Tickle ( he is a sleeper pick imo because people expect him as a 5-10 rider ,i think he can beat MM25
,Anderson ,Webb etc striaght up in races this year ,which i think people would be surprise with.

Josh Grant ( i think he is only one of 3 riders to win a race in the 450 class .loads of years injured, has had a solid SX
has tons of speed .again him winning a moto or getting podium s over MM25 ,Bagget makes him a
sleeper)

C Craig ( he rode the TLD 450 years ago was very fast .i could see him get on the box in a moto or two)

Weston Peick , again people only expect 5-10 ,i could see him get a few top 5 s and top 3 s

|