Discount tire and Reed

block75
Edited Date/Time 2/20/2016 3:24pm
What was the deal with discount tire and REED relationship ending? I thought they were going to continue to support Reed after Two Two folded and to which ever team he decided to go to? Sorry if been covered prior.
|
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
2/20/2016 1:06pm Edited Date/Time 2/20/2016 1:11pm
Never really heard much about it other than it ending when he dissolved Two Two. I would imagine Factory Yamaha wanted to have options in tire choice (Dunlop) and didnt want an outside sponsor (Discount) having a say in what non-sponsor related products the team could use. (Pirelli because thats what Discount sells for cars)
2/20/2016 3:01pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Never really heard much about it other than it ending when he dissolved Two Two. I would imagine Factory Yamaha wanted to have options in tire...
Never really heard much about it other than it ending when he dissolved Two Two. I would imagine Factory Yamaha wanted to have options in tire choice (Dunlop) and didnt want an outside sponsor (Discount) having a say in what non-sponsor related products the team could use. (Pirelli because thats what Discount sells for cars)
Was Bridgestone the only tire he could run for Two Two? I know at least some DT stores sell Dunlops for vehicles.
Crush
2/20/2016 3:24pm
Pirelli due to DT selling them... They were out of the Yamaha deal a bit early apparently.

Post a reply to: Discount tire and Reed

The Latest