Discount Tire (Reed) Commercial

RedRum666
Edited Date/Time 2/20/2013 2:51pm
Sorry, but cant help to poke fun at this one...just bugs me for some reason..

The commercial is pretty good up until the end when the dude is driving out of the Discount Tire shop in a truck with an empty bed and pulling a pretty good size trailer with one bike.......
|
jasonv43
2/19/2013 11:45am
I just got new tires for my truck this weekend from Discount Tire. Didn't see Reed anywhere in the building. WTF? And they wouldn't give me 22% off either.
TX24
2/19/2013 11:54am
I bought two there yesterday also. I also found the large trailer strange.
Hman144
Fantasy
713th
2/19/2013 12:40pm
It's marketing.

Commercial makes people want to pull a trailer. People have to buy tires for truck AND trailer. Discount Tires sells more tires.

Brilliant!

The real question is when will they start to sell bike tires?

H
elmo
2/19/2013 12:50pm
Hman144 wrote:
It's marketing. Commercial makes people want to pull a trailer. People have to buy tires for truck AND trailer. Discount Tires sells more tires. Brilliant! The...
It's marketing.

Commercial makes people want to pull a trailer. People have to buy tires for truck AND trailer. Discount Tires sells more tires.

Brilliant!

The real question is when will they start to sell bike tires?

H
Haha. Good question, and I actually have an answer for you: they won't.

In working with Chad for a couple of the Discount Tire projects I've shot, that was one of the main questions even I asked the people at Discount Tire directly, and they have no plans of creating/selling dirt bike tires. Simply an outside sponsor who loves the sport and this is their way of showing support for the sport and rider.

The Shop

Hut
2/19/2013 12:57pm
Commercial is alright it grabs your attention with that weird music and cool visuals, I've done business with them in the past and would do so again.

Kind of weird seeing that tricked out bike on a flat bed utility trailer though... Dry
gjbruny
2/19/2013 1:06pm
good idea....... lets poke fun at an "outside" sponsor that wants to support a sport that they really don't have any direct stake in.

our sport is a very small niche sport (almost a cult sport similar to bodybuilding) that very little of the general population knows much about. it currently almost exclusively depends on products in the industry to foot the bill for team equipment, venues, and salaries......... in a time where riders and fans are upset that teams and/or riders aren't making money on an equivalent scale to other pro athletes/teams.

does dorritos, pepsi, or budweiser actually make a product for the NFL? hell no they don't........ but they sure as hell contribute to the bottom line of the NFL all the way down the the water-boys.

so instead of poking fun at one of the few companies that are stepping up to support SX/MX, try supporting them if you don't want to see our sport die off.
Camp332
2/19/2013 1:14pm
My only complaint is the volume is on megasonic bro for that commercial only
jmb227
2/19/2013 1:20pm
elmo wrote:
Haha. Good question, and I actually have an answer for you: they won't. In working with Chad for a couple of the Discount Tire projects I've...
Haha. Good question, and I actually have an answer for you: they won't.

In working with Chad for a couple of the Discount Tire projects I've shot, that was one of the main questions even I asked the people at Discount Tire directly, and they have no plans of creating/selling dirt bike tires. Simply an outside sponsor who loves the sport and this is their way of showing support for the sport and rider.
IF you ever get to met Tom Englert or Bruce Halle ask them that question I'd like to hear what they think. I remember reading something about a year ago maybe less where one of them was talking about Discount tire expanding to eventually carry tires for anything that uses a tire. They mentioned Motorcycles and UTV's directly. They wanted to become basically the walmart of tire centers. Then again its a major corporation so that could change in one meeting room in a matter of 5 minutes.
RedRum666
2/20/2013 8:00am
@gjBrunny - Not poking fun at the sponsor really, well I guess I am... Im all for the "outside" sponsor and kudos for Discount and Reed for putting that together....To me personally, as a long time moto head and probably a part of the demographic they aim for, It really kind of shows how detached they are from our sport......I think a bike in the back of the truck would just hit home better, rather than the bike on a trailer......like roller bladers to skaters and quads to motorcycles....the trailer is kind of dorky.....i know i know...let the lashings commence...just saying...one bike on a trailer looks lame and I am sure if they asked Reed, he would probably have said " ditch the trailer"......
steveada
2/20/2013 11:14am
Did someone just compare Mx/Sx to the "sport" of bodybuilding?
peelout
2/20/2013 2:06pm Edited Date/Time 2/20/2013 2:08pm
i pulled the fuck out of my trailer after watching that.

twice.

edit: pud. not trailer.
gjbruny
2/20/2013 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 2/20/2013 2:54pm
steveada wrote:
Did someone just compare Mx/Sx to the "sport" of bodybuilding?
yep. just don't strain yourself by reading too deep into that. the comparison was in being a "cult sport".... which both are.

Post a reply to: Discount Tire (Reed) Commercial

The Latest