Disappointed

JoePit
1/14/2019 4:54am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2019 4:57am
Where is all this hate? I was at the race and during Malcolm's heat race he was getting tons of love. When he went down the vibe I got from the crowd was nothing but concern. When he waved to the crowd again he got a nice ovation.

This sport might be the only sport where the fans are happy just to see good racing and cheer for anyone that makes a pass for the lead.

Hope Mookie heals up fast and comes back because he is unquestionably a bad dude on a motorcycle.
CPR
1/14/2019 5:09am
I don’t think you’re labeled a racist if you’re not a fan of JS7 what I was saying is why do they seem to get SO...
I don’t think you’re labeled a racist if you’re not a fan of JS7 what I was saying is why do they seem to get SO much hate, continually. No other past champion gets as much hate as James and that’s facts.
WCRider wrote:
769K followers on IG for Bubba. A lot of hate for sure... I agree with tampabayjay, it seems that if you're not a Stewart fanboy you're...
769K followers on IG for Bubba. A lot of hate for sure...

I agree with tampabayjay, it seems that if you're not a Stewart fanboy you're labeled a racist as if you're a Tomac fanboy you're labeled as a redneck...

I could be wrong but that's how I feel.
I thought the Tomac fanboys were the rednecks?!..........
KDXGarage
1/14/2019 5:13am
KDXGarage wrote:
How many posts before this goes to the dumbgeon?
kiwifan wrote:
Why? Because you disagree with the OP? I agree that the Stewarts get way too much hate/dislike. I certainly wish MS27 all the very best and...
Why? Because you disagree with the OP?

I agree that the Stewarts get way too much hate/dislike. I certainly wish MS27 all the very best and hope he is back soon...er..ish
slipdog wrote:
I think what he means is that threads about the excessive amount of hate the Stewart family gets usually degrades to a dispute of whether it's...
I think what he means is that threads about the excessive amount of hate the Stewart family gets usually degrades to a dispute of whether it's because of their lack of communication with fans or because of their race. The ya-huh, na-uh back and forth escalates into personal attacks between members and off to the Dumbgeon it goes.
Yep. That is it. Threads like this do not move upward to Koom by Yah singing and group hugs. They devolve into people saying things that will detract from the business.

Everyone here needs to quit thinking this is a forum. It's a business. You got one guy (no pun intended) getting flown around the country to take pictures and hang out with MX teams. Another guy is getting paid to ride motorcycles and make videos of what he thinks. A few others are involved as well. I am going to guess that NONE of them want ANYTHING to do with threads that derail with even a hint of trigger words and scenarios. If I was one of them, I sure as heck would not either!
JustMX
1/14/2019 5:22am
Crush wrote:
Karma is real.
What is that meant to mean in relation to this post?
See, now I think most here would take that as a warning to those that would make insensitive remarks after any rider suffers a serious injury.

You are obviously looking for something else to fit your agenda. Maybe that is part of the problem.

Malcolm was certainly proving that his ride at a1 was no fluke and I hate that he suffered a serious injury while riding so well.

The Shop

1/14/2019 5:55am
GrapeApe wrote:
What am I missing here, I don't see any hate toward Mookie? People may question his racecraft, but he is one of the most popular and...
What am I missing here, I don't see any hate toward Mookie? People may question his racecraft, but he is one of the most popular and roundly liked and accepted people in the sport. I have seen nothing but sympathy and well wishes for him.
Some people just love to create drama where there is none. While I have seen some dislike for James, can`t say I have ever heard much about Malcolm, aside from not typically being prepared coming into a season or skipping the nationals. Nothing even remotely racist in my experience, he is one of, if not the chillest rider out there.
jeffro503
1/14/2019 7:32am
Nah man you’re putting words in my mouth. I originally made this post to highlight the unusual amount of disrespect the Stewart family seems to get...
Nah man you’re putting words in my mouth. I originally made this post to highlight the unusual amount of disrespect the Stewart family seems to get inside the moto industry in light of mookies crash and that the abuse he got is most likely a reason to his continued MIA from the sport. I also said everybody has a right to dislike/like who they want.
I have never ever labelled anyone a racist for not liking JS7 and being from Australia I am constantly having the argument that JS7/CR22 debate.
I still don’t buy your notion that it’s fair to criticise James on his career because he didn’t win as much or eclipsed every record. When Chad Reed retires how many people will say he “should’ve could’ve won more”? No one will. How many great riders have there been who will never get close to JS7 wins/championships. And I’m only using chad as an example because they both came on the scene at the same time.

I do agree with your comparison to Bradshaw though (Hannah is before my time). Maybe with time the moto world will have more love for JS7. I just heard David Villumen say Bradshaw is the most talented guy he’s ever seen throw a leg over a bike.
I think you'll find that most " core " fan's of the sport , like people who post here , don't feel that way. You fill up a stadium with 60,000+ fans , you are definitely going to get some redneck's at an event like that. But that goes for any motor sport. You shouldn't " Love" or " Hate " anyone by their skin color.....but unfortunately , some people do. There are a lot of people in this sport who love the hell out of Malcolm , and it isn't because he's black , it's because he is a very humble , cool human being that can shred the shit out of a dirt bike!
1/14/2019 9:13am
This sport is filled with a lot of people who don’t care for Malcolm or his brother because they look different than most people in the...
This sport is filled with a lot of people who don’t care for Malcolm or his brother because they look different than most people in the sport. People will claim that’s not the reason, but they can’t give you any other ones....
That is exactly right!!! A lot of ignorant people out there. Both the Stewarts are badass and are super down to earth. James more than Mookie, but only cause Mook brings the fun bus. The kids got talent and a presence about him. He has an appetite for fun and you seriously couldnt meet a better sport ambassador. He really shines when it comes to promoting our sport and the work he does with kids is just fantastic. He gets people invloved and doesnt have to showcase all that he does. I can tell you first hand he does a lot for the up and coming.
1/14/2019 9:22am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2019 9:50am
downard254 wrote:
Well, 2009 would have been when James left Kawasaki for Yamaha. I don’t think he was treated any differently than RC was when he left Kawasaki...
Well, 2009 would have been when James left Kawasaki for Yamaha. I don’t think he was treated any differently than RC was when he left Kawasaki for Honda. Hard core Kawasaki fans hated both of them for leaving. It’s childish I know, but it is what it is. I also believe James’ cockiness and lack of on track delivery brought on some of his haters. I myself, loved watching James race when he was on. As for Mookie, it’s probably spillover that goes back to the Stewart name. I don’t really know how anyone can hate on Mookie, the guy is always smiling and seems positive in all his interviews. I’ve never known him to to ride dirty either. So yea, I don’t get the negativity by some out there.
How does the guy who is number 2 all-time in combined race wins (98!) get pegged with "lack of on-track delivery"?

KDXGarage
1/14/2019 9:53am
jeffro503 wrote:
I think you'll find that most " core " fan's of the sport , like people who post here , don't feel that way. You fill...
I think you'll find that most " core " fan's of the sport , like people who post here , don't feel that way. You fill up a stadium with 60,000+ fans , you are definitely going to get some redneck's at an event like that. But that goes for any motor sport. You shouldn't " Love" or " Hate " anyone by their skin color.....but unfortunately , some people do. There are a lot of people in this sport who love the hell out of Malcolm , and it isn't because he's black , it's because he is a very humble , cool human being that can shred the shit out of a dirt bike!
So all rednecks are racists? Is that how you view it?? Just because you are in Portland does not mean you are a purple haired Antifa, right?
byke
1/14/2019 10:42am
We're not very consistent with our racisms. Look white and talk white and you're good to go. Plus, there's that weird old stereotype about the French being wimps and we love to pounce on that. We don't really have anything like that with Italians, which is odd because the French were our allies and the Italians were part of the Axis Pact, yet the majority of the Axis hatred is focused on the Japanese, but then it's not so odd when you get back to the look-different rule set.
STLSharky
1/14/2019 10:56am
Pretty disappointed with a lot of the comments I see around regarding Mookies crash on different social media platforms. The majority are good and well wishing...
Pretty disappointed with a lot of the comments I see around regarding Mookies crash on different social media platforms. The majority are good and well wishing but there is still those few dickheads that always seem to pop up when a Stewart is involved. The lack of respect the Stewart family gets within the industry from a percentage of fans really doesn’t look good and makes me wonder if there is a more deep rooted issue to it. I can totally understand why JS7 has walked away and wants nothing to do with the sport.
God speed Mookie on your recovery, boy you were looking fast.
Agreed the Racism they have had to deal with in this little bitty piss ant sport I love is terrble.

Probably why James Never came back.
STLSharky
1/14/2019 10:57am
Isaish305 wrote:
Even at the stadium at A1 people were saying mookie deserved to fall in the main and should quit. I like mookie, not my favorite guy...
Even at the stadium at A1 people were saying mookie deserved to fall in the main and should quit. I like mookie, not my favorite guy out there but I dont understand the hate eaither.
Best wishes to his recovery I was super bummbed when it happened.

thay dont come any nicer or friendly than James Stewart Senior or Mookie!
hgrove99
1/14/2019 11:03am
Ive heard JA wont win this year, ET3 will have his down fall once gain. Damn this sport is racist
milliebays
1/14/2019 11:03am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2019 11:04am
Pretty disappointed with a lot of the comments I see around regarding Mookies crash on different social media platforms. The majority are good and well wishing...
Pretty disappointed with a lot of the comments I see around regarding Mookies crash on different social media platforms. The majority are good and well wishing but there is still those few dickheads that always seem to pop up when a Stewart is involved. The lack of respect the Stewart family gets within the industry from a percentage of fans really doesn’t look good and makes me wonder if there is a more deep rooted issue to it. I can totally understand why JS7 has walked away and wants nothing to do with the sport.
God speed Mookie on your recovery, boy you were looking fast.
STLSharky wrote:
Agreed the Racism they have had to deal with in this little bitty piss ant sport I love is terrble.

Probably why James Never came back.
nothing to do with TBIs and no more access to adderall. nope.

i was at hangtown 2016 when he brainfarted and when straight off a berm.

https://youtu.be/ZjfiQVS-8V4?t=286

your narrative don't fit.
JWRM
1/14/2019 11:04am
You can totally not like the Stewarts and not be a racist. But actual racists are fucking filth of the lowest order.
jasonv43
1/14/2019 11:07am
It's not just this situation. It's anything online these days. The things people are ok with saying online (Facebook, Insta, etc.) blow me away on a daily basis. Makes me want to spend less and less time on social media.
1/14/2019 11:16am
jasonv43 wrote:
It's not just this situation. It's anything online these days. The things people are ok with saying online (Facebook, Insta, etc.) blow me away on a...
It's not just this situation. It's anything online these days. The things people are ok with saying online (Facebook, Insta, etc.) blow me away on a daily basis. Makes me want to spend less and less time on social media.
Agreed

It was nice not having to know exactly how ugly and ignorant people hidden behind a screen can be. I feel it's contributed a lot to how cynical and distrustful our society has become. We can no longer safely assume the best of people, because we can see the worst all over the internet.
byke
1/14/2019 11:21am
Yep, the interwebs has held up quite a mirror. Now that we all know just how awful we are, life is better not seeking it out.
Lucifa.
1/14/2019 11:25am
Can someone please explain the correlational between Tomac and his fans being Rednecks?
1/14/2019 11:26am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2019 11:31am
milliebays wrote:
nothing to do with TBIs and no more access to adderall. nope. i was at hangtown 2016 when he brainfarted and when straight off a berm...
nothing to do with TBIs and no more access to adderall. nope.

i was at hangtown 2016 when he brainfarted and when straight off a berm.

https://youtu.be/ZjfiQVS-8V4?t=286

your narrative don't fit.
James has access to adderall (and did in 2016). He has a TUE which was processed after his suspension.
hgrove99
1/14/2019 11:31am
Lucifa. wrote:
Can someone please explain the correlational between Tomac and his fans being Rednecks?
Reading these comments have you not discovered that liberals run this forum? You wont get an answer
Lucifa.
1/14/2019 11:36am
Lucifa. wrote:
hgrove99 wrote:
Reading these comments have you not discovered that liberals run this forum? You wont get an answer
The reason I asked is that I thought Tomac was from Colorado and rednecks were a southern thing in America. Just trying to see where the link was.
1/14/2019 11:39am
Lucifa. wrote:
hgrove99 wrote:
The "answer" is that a small group of Tomac fans brought Marvin Musquin's nationality into their hatred of him for the Foxborough incident. Like you said in another reply here, which I agree with, all it takes is a few vocal assholes to ruin the reputation of the bunch. So unfortunately, "Tomac fans = rednecks." All because of a few idiots.
hgrove99
1/14/2019 11:42am
Lucifa. wrote:
hgrove99 wrote:
The "answer" is that a small group of Tomac fans brought Marvin Musquin's nationality into their hatred of him for the Foxborough incident. Like you said...
The "answer" is that a small group of Tomac fans brought Marvin Musquin's nationality into their hatred of him for the Foxborough incident. Like you said in another reply here, which I agree with, all it takes is a few vocal assholes to ruin the reputation of the bunch. So unfortunately, "Tomac fans = rednecks." All because of a few idiots.
WOW. I have nothing else to say to that.
byke
1/14/2019 11:43am
Lucifa. wrote:
hgrove99 wrote:
Lucifa. wrote:
The reason I asked is that I thought Tomac was from Colorado and rednecks were a southern thing in America. Just trying to see where the...
The reason I asked is that I thought Tomac was from Colorado and rednecks were a southern thing in America. Just trying to see where the link was.
Oh no, there are quite a few in Colorado, but we have good rednecks and bad rednecks, not sure of the word for differentiating them. Check out "Beau of the Fifth Column" on youtube to see a good redneck.
Lucifa.
1/14/2019 11:51am
hgrove99 wrote:
Lucifa. wrote:
The reason I asked is that I thought Tomac was from Colorado and rednecks were a southern thing in America. Just trying to see where the...
byke wrote:
Oh no, there are quite a few in Colorado, but we have good rednecks and bad rednecks, not sure of the word for differentiating them. Check...
Oh no, there are quite a few in Colorado, but we have good rednecks and bad rednecks, not sure of the word for differentiating them. Check out "Beau of the Fifth Column" on youtube to see a good redneck.
Cheers mate, I'll take a look.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/14/2019 11:56am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2019 12:03pm
hgrove99 wrote:
How would you answer something like that?

As far as "Liberals run this forum", I try and delete nearly anything political that leans too far one way or another.

But on the other hand, we must be pretty liberal. We let you post here. Wink

As far as Malcolm goes, it was a bummer to see him go down. The work that he'd put in was obvious, and his speed was impressive.

Here's one thing to mull over (and it's purely speculative) after talking with some of his team yesterday...

Remember Mookie's big crash in Italy? The one where they thought he broke his femur? Guess where it broke this time? In nearly the same spot where he still had a hematoma from the first crash. It sort of makes you wonder if there was some damage from the previous crash that went undiagnosed.

I saw Malcolm about a week before the start of the season, and when I asked him how he was doing, he told me, "I'm not going to lie, I feel like shit right now." He was still hurting.

Here's hoping that he gets healed up and comes back even stronger.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
1/14/2019 12:13pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2019 12:13pm
hgrove99 wrote:
The "answer" is that a small group of Tomac fans brought Marvin Musquin's nationality into their hatred of him for the Foxborough incident. Like you said...
hgrove99 wrote:
WOW. I have nothing else to say to that.
Why don't you pull back on the posting for a bit because you are annoying the fuck out of me.

That's what I got out of this thread...
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/14/2019 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2019 12:16pm
Man I literally heard people in stands saying “I hope that nigger crashes” regardless of him leaving Kawi for Yamaha that is vile behaviour. And I...
Man I literally heard people in stands saying “I hope that nigger crashes” regardless of him leaving Kawi for Yamaha that is vile behaviour. And I understand his cockiness but Reed is just as cocky imo (I’m an Aussie btw) and the notion that he didn’t deliver on track is just bullshit. The dude is a great of our sport, only person other than the goat to go 24-0 and how many titles did he win? You wouldn’t say Reed didn’t deliver on the track yet he won less races and tittles than bubba. But yes I feel the most for mookie the hate he sometimes gets is so unfair you can see he is a genuinely happy/gracious dude.
I get the point you're trying to make, but I'm not sure I needed the fine detail in your quote.

There are ignorant haters everywhere. I went to a NASCAR race a few years ago, and there was a guy who would stand and flip off Kyle Busch as he'd pass by. Every. Single. Lap. Personally, I can't see wasting that much time and energy. Maybe it was the beer. Maybe he thought Kyle would see him up in the 50th row. Beats me.

Post a reply to: Disappointed

The Latest